Cleveland Classic XL & XL Custom Driver Preview Thread

We weren't able to wait for press releases and went with what we had. I'm not sure if I could tell you why we have what we have though - or if it really belongs in this thread. Golf Mag is missing a shaft in their blurb, so nobody's perfect :D It looks like our preview has a typo, but should have said JDL 5 and 6 if memory serves me right.

Thanks man that makes sense. Just hate to see all the work put in and then have to go elsewhere for more.

We weren't able to wait for press releases and went with what we had. I'm not sure if I could tell you why we have what we have though - or if it really belongs in this thread. Golf Mag is missing a shaft in their blurb, so nobody's perfect :D It looks like our preview has a typo, but should have said JDL 5 and 6 if memory serves me right.
Yep, 5 and 6 Hawkster. :beat-up:

Yep, 5 and 6 Hawkster. :beat-up:

I'm the one that's supposed to catch those lol. To be fair, I'm fuctioning on one good eye these days.

New pics....

Classic XL:
6.png

7.png

8.png

Classic XL Custom:
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Oh my! XL custom!! Thanks Jman!

The gold accents are SWEET on the XL.

Gold accents, single alignment dot, really loving what I am seeing here!

The hosel looks identical to what was on the Z-Star and with the weight adjustments I am guessing it gets used pretty much the same.

I would love to know if they changed anything in the face of the club compared to the '12 Classic.

Also can't wait to see some high res in hand pics of these!

Custom...

1.png

I really like the looks of these and am interested in hitting them. I really liked the Classic last year and if they made improvements on it they could not have gone wrong. As far as the adjustability, that has never been a big deal to me. I just want to get properly fit and then I should not need to make adjustments. Maybe I am wrong about that, but I have not seen to many guys making adjustments to their adjustable drivers once they get the proper setting.

All I can really say is DAMN YOU CLEVELAND. Just when I think there aren't any clubs out there that can make my eye wander.

You aint lyin buddy! And I just re-did my entire bag with 2012 Cleveland clubs! The wife is gonna leave me on launch date! :eek:

Tapping away on my S3

I really like the looks of these and am interested in hitting them. I really liked the Classic last year and if they made improvements on it they could not have gone wrong. As far as the adjustability, that has never been a big deal to me. I just want to get properly fit and then I should not need to make adjustments. Maybe I am wrong about that, but I have not seen to many guys making adjustments to their adjustable drivers once they get the proper setting.

Have to agree with this. When I bought my R11 it was fitted at neutral all round with 10 in the heel and 10 in the toe. Have never felt the need to have it messed with in any way. Adjustable just seems to be the big thing At the minute. Another selling point I suppose.

Don't mean to get off subject here. But you have a point. And I think the point is that people are starting to properly use the adjustable features that all of these companies are giving us the proper way. Over the past few years I've seen the wrenches coming out on the range less and less. That's a good thing. I see adjustable drivers still, but people aren't tinkering as much any more. Cleveland and all the other companies are giving us a chance to fit ourselves without the expense and long waits for delivery; They aren't meaning to let us change face angles every day depending on how bad our swing is from day to day. . It seems like people are finally starting to see that.

I just want to know ONE thing.

Adapter availability.

PLEASE, take a page from Cally and TM.

Cleveland adjustable. Nice. That face looks huge and round. Might need to test it out just to see if I could hit it.

Don't mean to get off subject here. But you have a point. And I think the point is that people are starting to properly use the adjustable features that all of these companies are giving us the proper way. Over the past few years I've seen the wrenches coming out on the range less and less. That's a good thing. I see adjustable drivers still, but people aren't tinkering as much any more. Cleveland and all the other companies are giving us a chance to fit ourselves without the expense and long waits for delivery; They aren't meaning to let us change face angles every day depending on how bad our swing is from day to day. . It seems like people are finally starting to see that.

This makes a little sense to me, but I would hate to put out a bunch of money on a club that I was not fit for. To me that is a bigger expense because you may never get dialed in because the shaft just may not be right for you at all. So you tinker for a couple of weeks with face angles and weights until you finally just give up and sell it for 2/3 what you paid for and are completely unhappy with the experience. IDK, guess I am just a big fan of getting a proper professional fitting.

I just want to know ONE thing.

Adapter availability.

PLEASE, take a page from Cally and TM.

Amen brother.

Did I miss the release date posted somewhere?

Tapping away on my S3

This driver looks beautiful! I can't wait give it a few swings this Spring.

Back