Manti Te'o story a hoax

Hearing a rumor that could make sense a little if you've ever watched Catfish or heard about it.

What if this wasn't a girlfriend at all, but a boyfriend with a fake girl profile as a cover?

Hearing a rumor that could make sense a little if you've ever watched Catfish or heard about it.

What if this wasn't a girlfriend at all, but a boyfriend with a fake girl profile as a cover?
I've heard some extreme rumors that this was a way to cover up his sexuality. I think it's just people coming up with far fetched ideas.

I've heard some extreme rumors that this was a way to cover up his sexuality. I think it's just people coming up with far fetched ideas.

I hope it's just a rumor for the sake of that's a lot of lying and way too much work just to cover something up that's really not that big a deal.

Clowney from South Carolina is KILLING Te'o on Twitter!

@JadeveonClowny: You wanna know what's weirder than Manti Teo making up a girlfriend then pretend killing her? Nothing.

@JadeveonClowny: Manti Teos girl t.co/skhjtGM4

@JadeveonClowny: Manti teo probably wont get that eharmony endorsement now

@JadeveonClowny: So Manti teo is gonna be on catfish now?

@JadeveonClowny: Manti teo should have just gone the tebow route and admitted he was a virgin.

@JadeveonClowny: I wonder how weird that girl that Manti used for pictures feels right now.

@JadeveonClowny: If you having girl problems I feel bad for you son Manti Teo has 99 problems but a girl ain't one.
i didnt see any of that on his twitter?

Bottom Line.....this does not end well!!!

Seems they were deleted...or they were just made up.
i found the twitter account posting that, im going to go out on a limb and say i dont think its actually him.

i found the twitter account posting that, im going to go out on a limb and say i dont think its actually him.

Regardless they are funny. I don't feel bad for him at all. Until I hear different I will say that I honestly believe he tried to dupe people to give him sympathy votes for the Heisman

Well, if it's a fake account, I want to wait and hear both sides of things first. No point in dismissing it right away as being a fake, since we only can jump to conclusions right now.

Yeah, looking through his other tweets, it either isn't really Clowney, or USC really needs to establish a twitter policy for its athletes.

Yea he was in on it. What a sad story to lie about

Regardless they are funny. I don't feel bad for him at all. Until I hear different I will say that I honestly believe he tried to dupe people to give him sympathy votes for the Heisman

It worked really well. He wasn't one of the top 5 players in CFB, but ended up 2nd in heisman voting and won quite a few awards based on all of the positive publicity he received. It eventually caught up to him though.

#Teoing is trending on twitter right now. "All you have to do a get in a relationship with another woman. She doesn't have to know or even participate."

Hahaha geez, this story is ridiculous.

Shocking. I'm speechless. I guess he got catfished. By the way I love that show on MTV.

So instead of coming out and letting the world know his girlfriend who died was in fact a real person, Ta'o let ND go with a press release saying he was tricked? Where are the pictures of the couple together? Seems Hawaii has quite a few scenic places that are great for photos.

Remember Notre Dame is catholic. They have practice lying and covering up scandals.

This is the craziest story I have heard in a long time. I really hope he was fooled and didn't have anything to do with spreading this hoax.

I can't understand how the starting middle linebacker for the Irish needs to fine a girlfriend on the internet 3000 miles away. I can't believe that he never meet her in person.

So instead of coming out and letting the world know his girlfriend who died was in fact a real person, Ta'o let ND go with a press release saying he was tricked? Where are the pictures of the couple together? Seems Hawaii has quite a few scenic places that are great for photos.
not going to lie i thought the same thing when "she" passed away. I actually got neg repped on a notre dame forum for asking how sure they were that this was his girl friend and not just a friend from highschool, because there were no pictures of them together and no talk between them on twitter. PLus the fact that when all of it came out a lot of news sources were calling her a close friend.

This is very wrong, but very, very funny:

Lennay_zps98bea094.jpg

This story gets more bizare by the minute....according to ND, it was a strickly online relationship and she never existed, but according to Te'o and several members of his family they had been to Hawaii together on several vacations....then they say the started the online relationship in 2009...but never met....PLU-EASE...somebody with is going to carry on an online relationship with someone for 3 years and never meet them but call them his girlfriend.

He claimed in a TV interview that his brother called him to say that she had died...so was the brother seeing make believe people too? He said he had talked to her family and they game him strength to carry on because that is what she wanted.

Given all of his statements I just don't see how he wasn't involved.

He was involved. They are trying to make him out in as positive a light as possible, which is a natural. I just wish they would admit the truth

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Back