NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea I was just saying darren engalland is not real tough i have seen him fight before i would put my money on simmonds every time but pens are getting lit up and like I said the Leafs made out on that schenn and JVR deal! I hated to see JVR go and Holmgren was worried about him with longevity with injuries and he could have a hat trick this game yet! he is way better of a player compared to luke schenn who I think is very over rated! I think matt carle had a better d game then schenn an have not seen him prove himself north of the border neither south of the border yet and his brother brayden has the look of being a better break out player! I really like matt read and could not believe he was not the rookie of the year last year with the Calder memorial trophy!

Schenn over-rated? Unless the US media bragged him up, everyone has always considered him pretty poor. He was put into the league too quickly and has never been able to catch up. He could have been a solid 2nd pairing guy, but the Leafs rushed him and ruined his confidence

Leafs are playing well, taking advantage of a pens team that isn't playing great.

JVR wasn't great either, but fits well into the buds organization.

Schenn over-rated? Unless the US media bragged him up, everyone has always considered him pretty poor. He was put into the league too quickly and has never been able to catch up. He could have been a solid 2nd pairing guy, but the Leafs rushed him and ruined his confidence

No not that anyone talks him up but they talk up his posible skill level and went decently high in the draft for a poor D man IMO wouldnt you agree on that!? he is mentioned as being a possible break out D man on the right team but I do not see it!

Leafs are playing well, taking advantage of a pens team that isn't playing great.

JVR wasn't great either, but fits well into the buds organization.

jVR was no crosby malkin or giroux or any superstar but he was a better player in comparison to luke schenn!

No not that anyone talks him up but they talk up his posible skill level and went decently high in the draft for a poor D man IMO wouldnt you agree on that!? he is mentioned as being a possible break out D man on the right team but I do not see it!

Sounds pretty familiar to JVR. High draft pick, who never panned out and ran into injury problems.

Sounds pretty familiar to JVR. High draft pick, who never panned out and ran into injury problems.

Agree and that's why the flyers dumped him but i think the leafs still made out in the deal as JVR had a good year and a bad year with the flyers! I just see more growth potential with no future injuries that are serious vs schenn!

Agree and that's why the flyers dumped him but i think the leafs still made out in the deal as JVR had a good year and a bad year with the flyers! I just see more growth potential with no future injuries that are serious vs schenn!

Maybe so, but until both make jumps forward, we'll never know. Both have great potential, but potential means nothing if it never comes forth. For all we know JVR could get hurt and miss another 3-4 months and the Leafs just the short end. Schenn is at least a solid 3rd paring guy at least.

Maybe so, but until both make jumps forward, we'll never know. Both have great potential, but potential means nothing if it never comes forth. For all we know JVR could get hurt and miss another 3-4 months and the Leafs just the short end. Schenn is at least a solid 3rd paring guy at least.

agreed....I would still take matt carle over him back to philly! there are tons of awesome hockey players that just cannot perform at the NHL level and are very skilled we will never see in the NHL! Both for being a 2nd and 5th 1st round draft pick did not live up to their selection in the draft so early!

Paul Holmgren's biggest mistake was letting Jagr go for the few million on a small contract as he wanted to stay there but did not like being put on the back burner why he was out searching for his sutter and parise deal or shea weber(who I do think wanted to play in philly) also letting carle go! They were not huge key players but jagr is an inspiration on any team and in any dressing room and carle had some good experience and was set in the flyers system! Half the guys Holmgren wanted did not even want to play for philly so he waited to long looking one way and forgot about some good players for the money to keep around like carle and jagr IMO!

Wow. 2 min left and you take a too many men penalty and then Crosby takes an unsportsmanlike. That won't make your coach happy.

Here is my view for the Caps game tonight. Go Caps! Need a win tonight.

ehure7y4.jpg

If im leading in sav% should I keep both goalies on the bench to preserve thT?

TTing

Well then hard to win in wins and shuputs possibly

Here is my view for the Caps game tonight. Go Caps! Need a win tonight.

ehure7y4.jpg
Those aren't bad seats at all. Awesome, enjoy the game.

Hopefully Kassian can keep up his great play all year.

Ok much better period for the Caps it is something to build on now just to get a goal early in the 2nd. PP looked much better some real chances and quality zone time.

Check out the pathetic attendance in Florida tonight. What a waste...
udehe7y7.jpg

Looks like a rays game

Check out the pathetic attendance in Florida tonight. What a waste...
udehe7y7.jpg

Wow get that team out of FLA and to Canada where it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back