Taylormade performance lab- rip off?

Sadly, it happens. I know a good friend that got hacked pretty bad a couple times in fittings. To answer your question, no I don't think you need to spend that much to get clubs that fit you.

Surely you was happy with what you was hitting? Otherwise why buy something that didn't work? How many different shaft/head combos did you try?

I am sorry the clubs didn't work out for you but don't understand why you agreed to buy them. We can pay for the fitting and not purchase clubs, no? Not sure I see why we can't just the suggestion is not what you want, more than you want to spend, you don't want to do it, etc.

Has anyone here feel like they have had a truly unbias fitting?

I've been fit twice my whole life. They were a season apart. Once was by my very good friend who worked at Club Champion. I had a lot of fun with it. Second was a Mizuno fitting with a Mizuno rep using the shaft optimizer. I was fit for the JPX 825 Pro with stock Dynalite shafts. I deferred this information to my friend who said that is the completely wrong iron shaft for me. It's far too light and too much spin. In the end my buddy rationalized he probably recommended the stock shaft vs. an upcharge because I would be more likely to spend $900 vs. $1200.

So I suppose fittings can go either way. Just find someone you're comfortable with and can trust. Get referrals for a fitter, like you would for any other high expense job.

I am sorry the clubs didn't work out for you but don't understand why you agreed to buy them. We can pay for the fitting and not purchase clubs, no? Not sure I see why we can't just the suggestion is not what you want, more than you want to spend, you don't want to do it, etc.

Agreed. I'd rather pay $100 for a fitting to find out that I didn't really need new clubs then spend almost 10 times as much on clubs that didn't fit me.

Bring your current clubs with you and say that you want to make sure you are getting something that is actually BETTER for you than you currently have. I wouldn't do business with any fitter that wouldn't let me compare anything to my current clubs (and couldn't tell me what about my current clubs do not fit me)

I dont plan on buying any clubs at this time I just have never got real great monitor numbers and since I will be testing the R1 I had thought of going there to try and dial it in for testing purposes. You know establish the best baseline. I did one at a Golftec once and my coach there stated my clubs fit me wll and he didnt think anything would be that much better. I will most likely use him going forward.

I dont plan on buying any clubs at this time I just have never got real great monitor numbers and since I will be testing the R1 I had thought of going there to try and dial it in for testing purposes. You know establish the best baseline.

That makes a ton of sense. I have a good relationship with my local manager at Golf Galaxy where he will let me bring in clubs I already purchased (or am testing for THP) and hit them on the monitor and then he will perform the necessary adjustments. If you can find a place like that near you, that would be perfect. You can let them know that you are testing the R1 for THP and say that you will plug their shop ;)

Not all "Fitters" or "Salespeople" are looking after your best interest.

Saw he suggested a KBS C taper for you and you're a "36" handicap. Come on...

I agree with some of the other posters. Make him show you the numbers: Launch Angle, Spin etc. Do your research and trust your instinct. Good fitting equipment should feel good to you.

In the Future: Ask the guy where he was trained? How many fittings has he performed? Is he paid on Commission?

Consumers should always be conscious of what motivates the Fitter or Salesperson. Some, are trying to do the very best for you, so they'll have a customer for life. Others, see you and me as $ signs.

Has anyone here feel like they have had a truly unbias fitting?

I've been fit twice my whole life. They were a season apart. Once was by my very good friend who worked at Club Champion. I had a lot of fun with it. Second was a Mizuno fitting with a Mizuno rep using the shaft optimizer. I was fit for the JPX 825 Pro with stock Dynalite shafts. I deferred this information to my friend who said that is the completely wrong iron shaft for me. It's far too light and too much spin. In the end my buddy rationalized he probably recommended the stock shaft vs. an upcharge because I would be more likely to spend $900 vs. $1200.

So I suppose fittings can go either way. Just find someone you're comfortable with and can trust. Get referrals for a fitter, like you would for any other high expense job.

I do think it is possible to have an unbiased fitting. To go in blind and say, "Whatever you think is best." I think may lead to problems. To say, "I really like this driver and these irons. Can you fit me for them." You took control of the fitting.

Not all "Fitters" or "Salespeople" are looking after your best interest.

Saw he suggested a KBS C taper for you and you're a "36" handicap. Come on...

I agree with some of the other posters. Make him show you the numbers: Launch Angle, Spin etc. Do your research and trust your instinct. Good fitting equipment should feel good to you.

In the Future: Ask the guy where he was trained? How many fittings has he performed? Is he paid on Commission?

Consumers should always be conscious of what motivates the Fitter or Salesperson. Some, are trying to do the very best for you, so they'll have a customer for life. Others, see you and me as $ signs.

The 36 handicap is the default handicap setting for the sight. All new members are listed as a 36 capper.

Just wondering if the OP called back to the fitting center and told them he wasn't having good performance? Wonder if they would offer a refit? Seems like they would want you to be happy with what you end up.

Another question, what's the difference between rbz and r11s if I use the stock setting.

From what I have learned selling golf clubs (and this isn't a salesman's prespective) the R11S is a heavy club and takes a ton of power to swing it properly. If you have a strong swing and like to tinker with your clubs, the R11S is your baby. It's also shorter than the RBZ. You don't need a ton of power to swing the RBZ effectively, which makes it a better club for the average golfer PLUS you take away the headache of tinkering with it. But that's just one mans opinion.

Agreed. There isn't much in this thread that adds up.

Most of the time when the results of a fitting don't work well, it's usually. Technique issue than an equipment issue.

Also the tp shafts tend to be the real deal Shafts

Most of the time when the results of a fitting don't work well, it's usually. Technique issue than an equipment issue.

Also the tp shafts are real deal Shafts

Fify

THPing on Tapatalk

Have you called the fitter and talked to him about it? Golf Galaxy does like a 30 day worry free. I am sure if your unhappy he would want the opportunity to work it out.

The TP in the old super fast was open compared to the regular models. I had the TP I'm not sure if the new drivers are the same or not.

TP drivers/fairway woods often have smaller cc heads

Have you contacted TM lab? I'm sure if you're not pleased with your experience they want to know. Regardless if it was the actual fitter or what ever. The club and fitting market is very competitive, and I'd be surprised if they won't correct it. If you don't get the results go straight to TMaG. None of these companies want people giving them bad press.

A good way to get a non-biased fitting is to make an OEM demo day, and right off the bat tell the rep that is fitting you "I'm not interested in purchasing here". I don't know for certain but I don't think they get commission for selling sets anyway.

The most important thing is that if you don't feel like they are giving you a good fit, keep pushing back to try new things, ect. The feel test (and looks test if outside) is often just as, if not more, important than the numbers.

A good way to get a non-biased fitting is to make an OEM demo day, and right off the bat tell the rep that is fitting you "I'm not interested in purchasing here". I don't know for certain but I don't think they get commission for selling sets anyway.

The most important thing is that if you don't feel like they are giving you a good fit, keep pushing back to try new things, ect. The feel test (and looks test if outside) is often just as, if not more, important than the numbers.

That's also a great way to waste a person's time. You might also get ignored if you tell them that. If it was a busy demo day, that would be a jerk move imo

I am a little confused. When you got fit...was what he recommended producing the best numbers?

That's also a great way to waste a person's time. You might also get ignored if you tell them that. If it was a busy demo day, that would be a jerk move imo

A great way to waste a persons time? Correct me if I am wrong, but their job is to fit people for clubs, no?

It has worked for me in the past. Ultimately you are obviously going to buy the clubs, why else would you want an extensive fitting, you just aren't buying them at their price..something you can also tell them, simply that you can find them cheaper elsewhere but want a proper fitting by a company rep. Or is that also a jerk move? Maybe we should just all take whatever fitting they give us and pay whatever price they ask like the OP? That seems to have worked out well.

Back