my beer guy got a special order in; my hands down favorite beer

favoritebeer_zpse46e94df.jpg

From Deschutes Brewery in Bend, OR... tried it in Vegas last year and loved it... Just released it this month in the Chicagoland area, had to pick me up a sixer the other day. One of my favorite beers right now. If you like Brown/Dark beer, give it a try. (Please ignore the clutter in the background. :D)
DSC00386_zps8783015a.jpg

Speaking of Deschutes beers, try their Mirror Pond if you want something a little lighter than the Black Butte Porter. It's a pale ale but is full of flavor. It's my favorite beer, you should give it a try if you see it.

Speaking of Deschutes beers, try their Mirror Pond if you want something a little lighter than the Black Butte Porter. It's a pale ale but is full of flavor. It's my favorite beer, you should give it a try if you see it.
Yeah... I saw a few different Deschutes brews and plan on trying them all... I'll definitely try the Mirror Pond next. Thanks JConn.

my beer guy got a special order in; my hands down favorite beer

favoritebeer_zpse46e94df.jpg

I'm a big fan of this one as well. I really want to try the 120 minute but when it is available, I can never find it.

Anyone homebrew? I saw a thread from a long time ago that looked like it had very little response. Maybe I'll resurrect it...

Just started a Snowy Day Winter Ale and it is pretty good. Anyone have one of these before?

Yay!! Got my new beer of the month delivery today. As usual two breweries and two beers from each one. One is the 16 Mile Brewery from Delaware w a dark pale ale and a golden style. The other is from Speakeasy in San Fransico an IPA and an American Style Amber. Getting ready to crack one. Report later.

IMAG1198.jpg
[/IMG]

Yay!! Got my new beer of the month delivery today. As usual two breweries and two beers from each one. One is the 16 Mile Brewery from Delaware w a dark pale ale and a golden style. The other is from Speakeasy in San Fransico an IPA and an American Style Amber. Getting ready to crack one. Report later.

IMAG1198.jpg
[/IMG]

Never heard of either breweries, but those look pretty cool man, can't wait to hear what you think of them.

Just cracked a Shock Top "End of the World Midnight Wheat." I got a whole case for $12, couldn't say no!

Just tried the Speakeasy "Prohibition Ale" Excellent!!!! Plenty of hops but not at all bitter, dark but quite smooth with a clean finish.
Really Liked it!:clapp:
On to Delaware!!

16 Mile Golden Style - ok but nuthin special

Just tried the Speakeasy "Prohibition Ale" Excellent!!!! Plenty of hops but not at all bitter, dark but quite smooth with a clean finish.
Really Liked it!:clapp:
On to Delaware!!

That sounds like a really good beer!

I tapped into some high life

Enjoyed a Boddingtons Pub Ale (one of my favorites) and then a Allenmünster Oktoberfest. The latter is so good

Enjoyed a Boddingtons Pub Ale (one of my favorites) and then a Allenmünster Oktoberfest. The latter is so good

Love a boddingtons. Nice choice Mikey.

Sounds pretty good, never heard of either. I need you guys to get me some of this beer at the Outing.

The Boddingtons is a piece of cake to get. Nitrogen beer, similar in texture to Guinness but with a lighter flavor. The Allenmünster I'm not so sure about, mostly because I forget the name of it half the time haha

Yuengling!

New one for me called Henry Weinhards private reserve. Northwest-style lager. Pretty good.

Sadly, no.

I'll trade you Fat Tire for Yuengling dude. I love Yuengling but that deliciousness from New Belgium brewery is heavenly.

I'll trade you Fat Tire for Yuengling dude. I love Yuengling but that deliciousness from New Belgium brewery is heavenly.

You are a smart man

Yuengling!

Played in a hockey tourney a few years ago in Pittsburgh & Yuengling is all I drank all weekend.. sadly, not available in IL. So good though!!! Quality beer!!!

Back