2013 THP Invitational Series #1 - Texas - Sponsored By Callaway Golf

I agree guys, almost forgot about Friday golf! My vote is to do a dinner/drinks on Friday night for those interested somewhere close to the hotels/airport.

I agree guys, almost forgot about Friday golf! My vote is to do a dinner/drinks on Friday night for those interested somewhere close to the hotels/airport.

Hopefully we will be rollin in soon enough to meet up for Dinner/Drinks on Friday night. Should be.

Have we not posted that yet?

Here ya go

Spoiler
Patience is a Virtue :D

Sorry.. the thread has blown up with talk about everything BUT the event itself. Just trying to get it back on track.

Top golf on a weekend night is a nightmare! Last time I went (to the one in Dallas) it was a 4 hour wait. Fortunately, they have a bar and other things to do while you wait. And they're open until 2, I believe.

Have we not posted that yet?

Here ya go

Spoiler
Patience is a Virtue :D
SWEET!!! I got a great partner!

That sounds good. What did you have in mind?

That sounds good. What did you have in mind?

There are multiple possibilities along 183. Will likely decide after we know what type of food we are having on Saturday night.

We could always go to Rosas Cafe down by TCU. I've never understood what all the hoopla was about but maybe that's cuz I got burned out eating it after every Baseball game as a kid....and every soccer game.....and every basketball game........

Do you Big City folk even know what restaurant I'm talking about here or is it just a West Texas Phenomenon?

We could always go to Rosas Cafe down by TCU. I've never understood what all the hoopla was about but maybe that's cuz I got burned out eating it after every Baseball game as a kid....and every soccer game.....and every basketball game........

Do you Big City folk even know what restaurant I'm talking about here or is it just a West Texas Phenomenon?

There is actually one located in Hurst which would be much closer to where everybody is staying. I was not impressed with the place and I think we need something that has a much larger alcohol selection.

There is actually one located in Hurst which would be much closer to where everybody is staying. I was not impressed with the place and I think we need something that has a much larger alcohol selection.

Cookie for the win!

Oh no, they have them in the DFW area now...........it's ok but nothing to write home about.

How about bass pro? They have their brewery along with a good selection of alcohol and good food. Just a suggestion as my knowledge of restaurants is limited to the area.

dtak84 is in for Sunday? I thought you were playing in some qualifier that weekend and were not going to make it. Surprised, but very glad you chose to hang out with the THP bunch. Looking forward to seeing you again.

That was me playing the qualifier. I decided the THP Invitational was something I couldn't pass up and chose to play a qualifier later in the season.

As long as it's not too loud and they don't want to rush us out the door when we want to socialize any place is fine by me

Oh no, they have them in the DFW area now...........it's ok but nothing to write home about.

Ah ok, didn't know ole Bobby Cox had spread farther into DFW; and I whole heartily agree we can do MUCH better. Again I never understood why everyone out this way likes it so much.

Anyway, back to super sweet golf action. The biggest item for me is who will be the last member of Team Callaway, I can't wait to find this tid bit out.

Ah ok, didn't know ole Bobby Cox had spread farther into DFW; and I whole heartily agree we can do MUCH better. Again I never understood why everyone out this way likes it so much.

Anyway, back to super sweet golf action. The biggest item for me is who will be the last member of Team Callaway, I can't wait to find this tid bit out.
I think we should be teammates so we can do another awesome VHOTD! Ha!

So I need some more info on "where" we will be.

I mapquested the golf course. It looks it is south west of downtown Dallas. Is that area still considered "dallas"? Fort Worth? Some kind of suburb? I'm trying to nail down some travel plans and need to get my bearings ahead of time.

So I need some more info on "where" we will be.

I mapquested the golf course. It looks it is south west of downtown Dallas. Is that area still considered "dallas"? Fort Worth? Some kind of suburb? I'm trying to nail down some travel plans and need to get my bearings ahead of time.

It is actually Grand Prairie on the Cedar Hill border.

But Sunday's round is on the north end of DFW airport. So staying in the Euless area is in the middle.

It is actually Grand Prairie on the Cedar Hill border.

But Sunday's round is on the north end of DFW airport. So staying in the Euless area is in the middle.

Yep, this. Staying at one of the hotels listed in the first post is ideal as they are centrally located for all of the weekends activities.

Yep, this. Staying at one of the hotels listed in the first post is ideal as they are centrally located for all of the weekends activities.

A bunch of us are booked at the Motel 6, so evening carpooling could be a breeze.

I dont need anything special, just a lil sports bar & grill is fine.

Sent from my DROID X2

I dont need anything special, just a lil sports bar & grill is fine.

Sent from my DROID X2

Exactly, someplace we can have a few drinks, some wings or something and get to hang out and shoot the breeze (Not coolbreeze, I like him)

Back