Florida monthly get togethers - February 2013

Sucks nuts dude. The back 9 is monotonous, literally about 4 par 4's in a row that are the same hole (400ish and water left or water right). I'd go play putt putt before playing there again.

At least you're honest!!!

So y'all wanna come down to Naples eh? Since it is high season right now what's the comfort zone for rates and times and I'll get something lined up.

Well no one really wants to go to Naples if you know what I mean hehe

Glad to see you posting again man, been almost a long month!

So y'all wanna come down to Naples eh? Since it is high season right now what's the comfort zone for rates and times and I'll get something lined up.
Fees will be high pretty much regardless of where we go, tis the Season for high prices. Im good with wherever everyone else wants to play.

At least you're honest!!!

I tend not to hold back :)

Rates are stupid high, I'll see what I can do but low end is looking like $75 unless I can pull off a miracle.

Ward can't come though...hahaha!

I'll gladly plan or help plan a Jax area outing.

I'd suggest we maybe wait until April, though - March is generally not the best weather up here. Unless everyone likes playing in cold, wind, and rain. :)

I'd love to do something here in Jax. I also wouldn't mind driving to orlando, if more people could come - but that would be contingent on the wifes approval.:act-up: I couldn't do anything until March or April anyway... school and work takes up most of my time and school will be done in March until nursing school starts.

:violin: I hope you're the group in front of me! Hehe

:violin: I hope you're the group in front of me! Hehe

What, so you can hit me with your second shot ;)

Don't worry, the way I'm swinging after a month layoff, my balls have a 360* potential path. Nowhere is safe!

All good man, it's all about having fun anyway

Or I might be sand bagging like *cough* trout bum *cough*

Do we have an estimate on numbers? 4/6/8 etc etc...

Haha, it was a fluke I tell ya.

I think it's

Trout Bum
War Eagle
Tadashi
MWard
Wake
SW
mrmcgovs
Rafdo
XM
Caines

Any more thought to adding Daytona in the list for the Jax guys later in the year? After having been to one of these, I think once you get them to one, they'll widen their travel range to make it to other outings.

From way up here in Tallahassee, Tampa and Sarasota are essentially the same area, so that looks like two back to back in the same general vicinity. I could probably make one of those either way, but again, I've got a place to stay in the area for free. Maybe one of those could be changed to something north of I4.

We've talked about it somewhat but it's not that much closer than Orlando. There's going to have to be some interest shown in the events by more than 2 people to make it happen. The rest of us drive from 1 1/2 to 31/2 hours to an event, there has to be some flexibility by those that want to play. Someone had said that they would set up an event in March up there somewhere, maybe that can gather some interest.

Their loss. Well then I'll just see you guys in Orlando, Tampa/Sarasota or somewhere else then for the next one I can make.

When is the next time you're coming to Orlando or Tampa/Sarasota area Greg? Maybe we can set something up since you drive the farthest.

No plans to right now, probably whenever the next gathering down there is, depending on my schedule. March in Orlando will depend on the wife, I think she's going to take me to a course around here for my birthday, but that'll be early in the month. Orlando is only an hour and a half from my parents' place.

Reached out to a few places, should know something mid-week. I'll share when I know more.

Reached out to a few places, should know something mid-week. I'll share when I know more.

Thanks for checking up on it, SW. Appreciated dude.

Any more thought to adding Daytona in the list for the Jax guys later in the year? After having been to one of these, I think once you get them to one, they'll widen their travel range to make it to other outings.

I'm going to try to plan something for March or April, probably LPGA International Legends course in Daytona. Depends on the weather for exact timing. Our winter up here has been late coming, which may mean March will be nice, or it might be cold, wet, and windy.

The 16th seems to have lost legs.

The 16th seems to have lost legs.

I think you're right lol, No biggie, with MDean coming down the following weekend there's good reason. We'll see if we can put something together in March in Orlando or at PGA in Port St. Lucie?

I'll most likely be able to go to Orlando in March.

Ok, I've literally called every course in Naples, and reached to one a little North of town.

Here's what I've got:

Ave Maria (Panther Run): Before 8:30 $75 after $99
Valencia Golf and Country Club: $70 before 8 and $85 8-12. Might can get 20% off that rate
Lely Resort $119 (I laughed then hung up)
Verandah Club (Ft. Myers) Golf and Lunch $69 if 36 then it's $99.

Obviously with it being high season here we can't book until a few days before. This time of year and Naples golf don't mix well.

Ok, I've literally called every course in Naples, and reached to one a little North of town.

Here's what I've got:

Ave Maria (Panther Run): Before 8:30 $75 after $99
Valencia Golf and Country Club: $70 before 8 and $85 8-12. Might can get 20% off that rate
Lely Resort $119 (I laughed then hung up)
Verandah Club (Ft. Myers) Golf and Lunch $69 if 36 then it's $99.

Obviously with it being high season here we can't book until a few days before. This time of year and Naples golf don't mix well.

Thanks for checking into it Danny, it seems like a tough time to find an affordable course right now. Soon enough the prices will come down pretty good and we'll be able to make it happen for everyone regularly.

Back