Did they J40 irons make it last year?

I don't know Jeff but it will be interesting!

The J40 irons did not. The Wedges did.

As far as the categories the only thing that mean a dang thing to me is the performance and look/feel/sound....i could care less about the demand and innovation is....ah well so so....it still does not mean as much as the 2 other categories which the 913 took the prize on for me and I have not hit ever driver known to man this year but I am sure if you tested half the Japan markets clubs they would bump 90 percent of those clubs out of a spot.....finally the odyssey protype black got a gold for once as they deserved it last year with the regular protype! that is one solid putter and better then the scotty select IMO! A lot of companies from my understanding also do not want their stuff tested and put in the hot list! if that is completely true you cannot do much about that!

No. They do not.

I believe they do not but the thought crossed my mind knowing some companies have asked to not be a part of the testing....like Miura and such!

but I am sure if you tested half the Japan markets clubs they would bump 90 percent of those clubs out of a spot.

Please explain :confused2:

As far as the categories the only thing that mean a dang thing to me is the performance and look/feel/sound....i could care less about the demand and innovation is....ah well so so....it still does not mean as much as the 2 other categories which the 913 took the prize on for me and I have not hit ever driver known to man this year but I am sure if you tested half the Japan markets clubs they would bump 90 percent of those clubs out of a spot.....finally the odyssey protype black got a gold for once as they deserved it last year with the regular protype! that is one solid putter and better then the scotty select IMO! A lot of companies from my understanding also do not want their stuff tested and put in the hot list! if that is completely true you cannot do much about that!

Do you think that Japanese clubs perform better than US Releases? That sounds like an odd idea.

Is it hard to be better than a Scotty?

I believe they do not but the thought crossed my mind knowing some companies have asked to not be a part of the testing....like Miura and such!

Maybe that is on Miura because sometimes impartial thoughts are not exactly what a company wants.

I agree with the Bridgestone complaint, they have some of the best equipment out there and they aren't even mentioned. Anyone who has hit the J40 line knows how good it stacks up against the best out there. I think it comes down to how much money the company is willing to give Golf Digest as to how much attention they get on the list

Maybe that is on Miura because sometimes impartial thoughts are not exactly what a company wants.

You forgot to put "impartial" into quotes.

I agree with the Bridgestone complaint, they have some of the best equipment out there and they aren't even mentioned. Anyone who has hit the J40 line knows how good it stacks up against the best out there. I think it comes down to how much money the company is willing to give Golf Digest as to how much attention they get on the list

I will show a flaw in that argument. Explain how the Bridgestone balls get Gold then?
Sometimes equipment is not ready in time.
Sometimes the demand category keeps it off the list.
Other times their vast array of testers believe into marketing.

No. They do not.

Every year we see the same drivers or irons at the top of the list(OEMs I mean) so I can see why people would believe OEMs pay for that spot.

Their clubs seem to be made of better material and of higher quality , would you not agree a Miura iron set is not of better quality then 90 percent of forged irons over here? Also most their drivers are non adjustable....They do not need all that adjustablility stuff, and I know a few people who travel and have been to japan events aand are golf pros and praise their equipment way more then the US markets offering....look at japans callaway drivers and titleist vokey wedges and titleist driver over there....they are just more old school and made better IMO and others I have spoke with that have tried them! I know I am ordering a Titleist VG3 driver and Callaway Legacy and putting them to the test against the Xtreme and 913!

Their clubs seem to be made of better material and of higher quality , would you not agree a Miura iron set is not of better quality then 90 percent of forged irons over here? Also most their drivers are non adjustable....They do not need all that adjustablility stuff, and I know a few people who travel and have been to japan events aand are golf pros and praise their equipment way more then the US markets offering....look at japans callaway drivers and titleist vokey wedges and titleist driver over there....they are just more old school and made better IMO and others I have spoke with that have tried them! I know I am ordering a Titleist VG3 driver and Callaway Legacy and putting them to the test against the Xtreme and 913!

Lots of subjectivity there. Which is fine. I don't think they're made any better.

Also, can you explain what you mean with the bolded part?

Nope I would not agree.
In fact I would not agree with most of what you said.
Opinions differ I guess, but as someone that has spent time with a lot of the gear you are speaking of, and the people that created it, I think like many things in life, people believe the marketing. Whether its adjustability or that some man that once built a sword for Jeebus is in a back room somewhere pounding on metal by hand.

Do you think that Japanese clubs perform better than US Releases? That sounds like an odd idea.

Is it hard to be better than a Scotty?

I just think Japans market is in a way different direction, and no it is not hard to be better then a scotty as I feel for 10 years now scotty camerons have been a joke for the price compared to other drivers unless you get your hands on a solid gss prototype or buttonback.....I use a old mil spec scotty who most consider to be the best scotty otr he ever made!

That's really too bad. Its not like it would exactly hurt their sales with the THP crowd as I really see Muira in a sig. I would have to think it would actually help them quite a bit to let all these people with money earmarked for club sales give their clubs a try.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

That's really too bad. Its not like it would exactly hurt their sales with the THP crowd as I really see Muira in a sig. I would have to think it would actually help them quite a bit to let all these people with money earmarked for club sales give their clubs a try.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

The last thing they would want to hear is, "Good iron and wedge. Not worth their price."

Nope I would not agree.
In fact I would not agree with most of what you said.
Opinions differ I guess, but as someone that has spent time with a lot of the gear you are speaking of, and the people that created it, I think like many things in life, people believe the marketing. Whether its adjustability or that some man that once built a sword for Jeebus is in a back room somewhere pounding on metal by hand.

I know a few people who have tried just about any club available to a pro or for retail and their bags are loaded with japanaese clubs as they tested better then they offering on the us market in the same brands....I have done a lot of research on the way stuff is made and what not and just think stuff is more thrown together over here!

Just like THP, to hear others opinions and rankings for the new equipment is an enjoyable read. I will say that I will give our forum the most important look when it comes to reviews and if I decide to look into a club to purchase. The Hot list is something fun to read and enjoy.

I know a few people who have tried just about any club available to a pro or for retail and their bags are loaded with japanaese clubs as they tested better then they offering on the us market in the same brands....I have done a lot of research on the way stuff is made and what not and just think stuff is more thrown together over here!

Some people like to have things that others do not. To quote one of the greatest club makers of all time, "Golf is game of social credit, just as much as it is a game of performance".

I do not play any of the stuff I am mentioning so , I am not backing up that stuff for that reason, I just know what highly respected pros have said and reps as well and claim the us market does not have the money to pay for the clubs like japan does that are made of better materials and more spot on with each and every club, vs US market clubs being made in china and such!

Are you talking Japanese specific brands or Japanese releases from US based OEMs?

I do not play any of the stuff I am mentioning so , I am not backing up that stuff for that reason, I just know what highly respected pros have said and reps as well and claim the us market does not have the money to pay for the clubs like japan does that are made of better materials and more spot on with each and every club, vs US market clubs being made in china and such!

Do you have links to where they made these claims? The pros and reps that is. Genuinely curious.

Are you talking Japanese specific brands or Japanese releases from US based OEMs?

Both...tell my why titleist has the same 913 that is 3 times the money cost for a account holder that is made in Japan and not at the same plant as the other 913s? Thats not odd to you?

Do you have links to where they made these claims? The pros and reps that is. Genuinely curious.

these are my personal friends I know...the reasearch i spoke of were from just reading how well clubs in japan are made from digging around and reading for 4-6 hours on the internet and as i said you do not find it off titleist has 913 for the japan market made in another facility from my understanding?

Both...tell my why titleist has the same 913 that is 3 times the money cost for a account holder that is made in Japan and not at the same plant as the other 913s? Thats not odd to you?

I'm sorry dude. Can you reword your question here. I am having a hard time with the wording. I want to answer it, I just need it asked in a different way.

Back