2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done similar lifts. I like them for change of pace sort efforts. My biggest issue with those types of excercises, for what I am trying to accomplish at the moment, they don't allow me to go as heavy as I want.

I can understand that. I'm assuming you are still pretty young? At 47, my truly heavy lifting days are pretty much over, although I will do a cycle once in a while. My joints just can't take the constant heavy weights anymore, and there really isn't that much of a pay-off for doing it any longer.

I can understand that. I'm assuming you are still pretty young? At 47, my truly heavy lifting days are pretty much over, although I will do a cycle once in a while. My joints just can't take the constant heavy weights anymore, and there really isn't that much of a pay-off for doing it any longer.

I am 29. My lifting days will be over on March 4th. Kiddo #2 will make sure that I don't have time to hit the iron like I want to.

As an avid weightlifter/ amateur bodybuilder i feel my muscle size is starting to hurt my game. At 5'11'' 205lbs with right around 10% body fat (just got done with off season, number will go down) i bench over 300 and squat over 400. Now i am loving the extra distance with each club, driver over 300yds down to pw~155 yds. I feel i can get stiff and my short more contol shots are getting harder to hit. Less flexibility comes with the added muscle mass. My down fall for loving both of these sports

I skimmed through this. Wasn't going to read 116pgs. Is anyone doing or tried the insanity workout? I've seen several references to P90X, but none for Insanity. I did the P90X and it is a great program a couple of years ago. Now I'm thinking of pressing play with Shaun T.

I skimmed through this. Wasn't going to read 116pgs. Is anyone doing or tried the insanity workout? I've seen several references to P90X, but none for Insanity. I did the P90X and it is a great program a couple of years ago. Now I'm thinking of pressing play with Shaun T.

I'm a month into insanity, I'm a huge fan of it

As an avid weightlifter/ amateur bodybuilder i feel my muscle size is starting to hurt my game. At 5'11'' 205lbs with right around 10% body fat (just got done with off season, number will go down) i bench over 300 and squat over 400. Now i am loving the extra distance with each club, driver over 300yds down to pw~155 yds. I feel i can get stiff and my short more contol shots are getting harder to hit. Less flexibility comes with the added muscle mass. My down fall for loving both of these sports

Hmm...this would be a nice problem to have. :act-up: You might have to find a happy median.

I feel your pain! Just went through a strength cycle and really started to feel it toward the end of that cycle. Being 50 my hip flexors just do not like squats as much I wish they did. That and the early stages of osteoarthritis. But already feels better since I moved on to a more metabolic and power cycle, not doing those heavier bilateral lifts. Doing lots of lateral band walks, hyperextensions, and goblet squats instead of squats. Still doing some lighter dead lifts though.

I'm a month into insanity, I'm a huge fan of it

I think I'm going to get it and get started. I'll post updates on here for some motivation.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I think I'm going to get it and get started. I'll post updates on here for some motivation.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I think its a great workout and its nice u don't meds why additional weights or anything else

Well I was feeling turdish Thursday morning because I had taken the week off due to my issues. Well I am now right back where I started from. I just need to sit out for a week or so and relax. I can just feel the fat accumulating though

I'm thinking about going spinning today. My parents and sister do it and like it. I think I could use it.

I'm thinking about going spinning today. My parents and sister do it and like it. I think I could use it.

It's an awesome workout, gets your heart rate up and makes you work.

Well I was feeling turdish Thursday morning because I had taken the week off due to my issues. Well I am now right back where I started from. I just need to sit out for a week or so and relax. I can just feel the fat accumulating though

Just don't go crazy with beer or food and you'll be ok.

It's an awesome workout, gets your heart rate up and makes you work.

That's what I've heard. Not sure I want to do it before walking 18 later today though.

That's what I've heard. Not sure I want to do it before walking 18 later today though.

hahaha if you haven't been doing it - it WILL affect you this pm. Just so you are aware.

You have some solid size and some solid numbers there with bench and squat. I am of a little shorter nature only 5'7 and too love both weightlifting and golf. A couple years ago I got in my head that I had to be big like all my buddies and after a couple of months of hard power lifting with them I did. I got up to 193 with 11% body fat ( no where as impressive as you are during the season). I was getting 315 on my benches and dead lifting 500. Needles to say I was getting a lot more distance with my clubs but the flexibility was killing me. I ended up loosing a lot of my size when working a long and intensive 60+ hour summer job but I started to notice that golf was become a little easier for me. I was not stiff and I had more control. Since then I have been able to find that happy medium. Good luck with the golf and good luck in this seasons up coming bodybuilding season.

Workout done for the day, another solid weight loss this week just gotta maintain it for Monday

Just weighed myself this morning...I've lost 8lbs in the last 2 weeks. I wish I could say it is from working out but I've been working about 70 hours a week between my normal job and the new gym opening, plus doing my normal schoolwork, I think I've only been eating about one meal a day. Only about 2 more weeks of this class and then the workload will reduce quite a bit, I am totally ready to start hitting the weights again! Got my supplement stack all sitting on my counter waiting for me to start consuming it. Ready to hit it hard!

You have some solid size and some solid numbers there with bench and squat. I am of a little shorter nature only 5'7 and too love both weightlifting and golf. A couple years ago I got in my head that I had to be big like all my buddies and after a couple of months of hard power lifting with them I did. I got up to 193 with 11% body fat ( no where as impressive as you are during the season). I was getting 315 on my benches and dead lifting 500. Needles to say I was getting a lot more distance with my clubs but the flexibility was killing me. I ended up loosing a lot of my size when working a long and intensive 60+ hour summer job but I started to notice that golf was become a little easier for me. I was not stiff and I had more control. Since then I have been able to find that happy medium. Good luck with the golf and good luck in this seasons up coming bodybuilding season.

Good points my man. To me, also as someone who enjoys both fitness and golf, I really have to find a happy medium as you stated. It can be tough, but when you find that point of equilibrium, it is bliss!

Hit the gym last night. Leg press. Rack dead lift. Single leg calf raises. And behind the back wrist curls. Solid Friday night.

Hit the gym last night. Leg press. Rack dead lift. Single leg calf raises. And behind the back wrist curls. Solid Friday night.

hows the body BG? recovered and hitting it hard again?

Great job brad!

hows the body BG? recovered and hitting it hard again?

Body is well. I have been cleared to start incorporating overhead lifts. But I am taking that slow. But hitting the lower half hard.

Body is well. I have been cleared to start incorporating overhead lifts. But I am taking that slow. But hitting the lower half hard.

Great news my man. Glad to hear it.

Kind of excited and a bit skeptical to hop on the scale this week. First full week of doing the weight watchers with my wife and a full week of P90x..... We shall see but I'm hoping for good results. Tracking your food intake really has forced me to watch what I'm doing. And I've increased my water intake like crazy. Diet come has been cut down to one can a day from probably 2 liters daily. So good week so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back