What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished the first 18 with Taylormade and Orlando Golf Blogger. Front nine I was doing okay. Shot 40 with a double bogey. Back nine things just fell apart. Put up a 45 with only 1 par. Heading back out to play another 18.

We did the back nine with breakfast thing this morning. Shot a 40 for no particular reason. Missed a few putts. But, one of our group went into "show off" mode carding a -5 (31). That was kind of fun to watch, even though he won 6 of the 9 skins. I did not win squat. :clapp:

I had hoped to play this afternoon in Sedalia, MO. We came down for my Grandchilds Baptism tomorrow. Anyway, the club here is private and the public I called has sand greens. I could drive a little, but having a dinner for the family tonight, so times an issue.

Guess I'll wait till Wednesday when I get home

Just finished the 2nd 18 holes with Taylormade. Much better this time with a 38 on the front and 40 on the back. That is with a double on the 18th.

3 Triples
4 Bogeys
2 Pars

19 Putts

Worst day of my life.

Bad day of golf is better than a good day at work.

First round of the Club Championship today, when we tee'd off it was 55 degrees with the wind blowing steady 20mph all day. It made things difficult but not unplayable by any means. I shot an 89 that could have been way worse. I didn't get a dang thing going and just seemed like all day I was struggling just to keep my head above water. I hit a quick nervous swing duck hook into the water off #2 tee, then hit a safe shot 7 iron from my drop that looked perfect but the wind pushed it into another water hazard. Walked off #2 with an 8. I bounced right back with a par at the hardest par 4 on the course and held things together considering, in the past that 8 might have been the beginning of a 119 or something but I fought it pretty good and even with a bad finish to the front 9 still turned with a little confidence and shot 42 on the back.

The good news is that I'm currently 3rd in my flight and very much in the race for lead there. I'm also right in the mix of the overall net championship after a new 75 today. I'll fight it out tomorrow and hopefully get some momentum and have a good finish.

My THP buckle showed up while I was golfing so I've got that going for me tomorrow!!! :blob:

Shot a 88 today no thanks to a bad slice which came out of nowhere got an eagle on a par five and a couple pars all in all a good round :act-up:

I shot an 87 today! Woohoo!!! Shot a 46 on the front side but managed only one double bogey one the back. The rest were 5 pars and 3 bogeys. Here's to hoping I can keep this going in the future.

79 today (+4) (+4)

To be honest, I didn't deserve that +4 on the back 9. Being +1 after 15 and then just choking.

10 FWS
32 Putts
6 Greens

9 Pars
1 Double
1 Birdie
7 Bogeys

Well yesterday was my first time out in 10 days (rainy weather) 7/22 was my last before yesterday, that day I shot a 96 with 35 putts, yesterday 8/1 I shot a 95 with 35 putts again, so that is a 1st 2x times in a row breaking 100, and for the record yesterday was my 5th time this year I've done that, last year it was 3x and it did not happen untill 9/7/08, that was my 2nd achievement yesterday, and thirdly I chipped all day with one of my putters. So now my goal is to stop 2 putting each hole, double bogey golf is getting tiring.

Played 9 this morning with an old friend. Had my A game going and shot 35. 6 pars, 1 bogey, and 2 birdies. Was really putting lights out and both birdies came on putts longer than 20 feet. The only bogey was a par 3 of 176 that I had all water to carry. Came up short, but put the next one on and one putted. All in all a great 9 holes.

I am tied for 5th place (16 participants) in our annual, week long short game contest. Today it was green side bunker shots. 5 tries, 12 total shots, and/or putts. Tomorrow is the 50 yard shot over a bunker. Should be interesting:clapp:

That's a cool contest. Keep us updated!

Played 9 this morning with an old friend. Had my A game going and shot 35. 6 pars, 1 bogey, and 2 birdies. Was really putting lights out and both birdies came on putts longer than 20 feet. The only bogey was a par 3 of 176 that I had all water to carry. Came up short, but put the next one on and one putted. All in all a great 9 holes.

Nice 9 JB.

Thanks Dent. It all seemed to be working today.

It sure is. Especially recently. But after playing so much golf this weekend with Taylormade I woke up thinking I had it in me for one more 9.

Strange day shot a 86,had to start on a short par 4 and took a 6.Hate to start on this hole ,don't like the shot gun start.Anyway guess it went to my head I shot 48 on the first 9. Settled down shot 1 bird 1 over on three holes the rest pars for a 38.

Played 27 holes today ..... shot 42-37-38.

Very slow play on my first nine kinda threw me off my game a bit. We had 35 km/h winds today so overall some decent scores.

Shot a 44 on 9, with a Quadruple on the first hole, then followed that with a double. Terrible day, i am not a good wind player.

Shot 79 today, played so bad I didn't deserve that score. Somehow I thought I was playing terrible and rallied the back 9 with a 37...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back