2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now I'm going to ask another question. I dunno, maybe I'm just clueless about this stuff. I tend to work out in the mornings....like 530 am, prior to any meal. So if I eat carbs at night, will they convert to fat before i workout in the morning, or will those carbs be there for energy for my morning workout?

thanks everyone

~Rock

I would eat more complex carbs. Veggies, whole grains oatmeal. Otherwise. Protein shake before bed I always good.

Like anything food related, what you are eating is what matters most. At least that's how it has been explained to me.

There seem to be a lot of people that like to fast before they work out so I don't think its an issue. I don't like eating before I go to bed, at least a few hours, I just don't feel well in the morning.

Started week 2 of P90X tonight, just got done with the workout. Good gosh, I am in so much pain right now!

Started week 2 of P90X tonight, just got done with the workout. Good gosh, I am in so much pain right now!

"You hate it, but you love it..."

"You hate it, but you love it..."

Lmao. Tony has some great one liners, that's for sure.

"hurt me, hurt me, X me, X me" always made me laugh

Lmao. Tony has some great one liners, that's for sure.

"hurt me, hurt me, X me, X me" always made me laugh

Ab ripper X, worth the price of the discs by itself. Find me someone who says they can do every rep without hitting pause, and I'll show you someone talking outta their keister. It is that awesomely hard.

Ab ripper X, worth the price of the discs by itself. Find me someone who says they can do every rep without hitting pause, and I'll show you someone talking outta their keister. It is that awesomely hard.

I struggle so much with a lot of the moves in that workout. I keep telling myself that it's going to get better...but it hasn't yet.

I also found myself going to pushups on my knees for a few exercises tonight so that I could get more reps in. The strength in my arms and core really sucks right now.

Ivebeen doing these for a while. Every time it's over I want to roll up in a fetal position and suck my thumb it hurts so good! I can't get through it without a pause....and I'm damn proud of it

It kicks my tail every time. Having broken my tailbone a few years ago, trying to hold some of those ab positions is just downright impossible.

Ok, now I'm going to ask another question. I dunno, maybe I'm just clueless about this stuff. I tend to work out in the mornings....like 530 am, prior to any meal. So if I eat carbs at night, will they convert to fat before i workout in the morning, or will those carbs be there for energy for my morning workout?

thanks everyone

~Rock

More so what rather than when. I wouldn't go nuts at night but it isn't really when you eat but what.

Yes you are correct. I haven't been following the program to a tee. Even thought it says that I am an idiot. I just don't have the time in my life right now to make this work.

Thanks for clarifying man. I just wanted to get it straight. I really like the looks of this.

I hope you saw earlier where I worked out the workouts per week.

Yes I did. Thanks again! As soon as my gym opens after this stupid snow storm it is on!

Exactly. The fine line becomes when you add too many carbs- they turn into fat faster than protein. BUT a common misconception is that protein wont turn into fat. Extra calories = added fat regardless of nutrient type. If you eat 5000 calories a day and aren't crushing it in the gym, you will get fat over time. That number is dumb obviously, but everyone has a line that they can't cross calorically.
Add in the fact that too much protein is very hard on the kidneys.. like I ( and countless others have lol) say, too much of anything is not a good thing.

The way i see it is there are always gonna be upsides to being fit and healthy when it come to golf but at the end of the day the best thing for anyone's game is PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTISE

I agree... bodybuilding type workouts aren't going to help a ton on the course - that I can say based on experience. BUT - if you feel better physically & mentally, it can't help but give you a confidence boost! Plus being in better shape definitely helps at the end of those 4.5 -5 hour rounds.

Add in the fact that too much protein is very hard on the kidneys.. like I ( and countless others have lol) say, too much of anything is not a good thing.

yessir. I was sure to mention that as well as the importance of hydration. You are absolutely correct.

I agree... bodybuilding type workouts aren't going to help a ton on the course - that I can say based on experience. BUT - if you feel better physically & mentally, it can't help but give you a confidence boost! Plus being in better shape definitely helps at the end of those 4.5 -5 hour rounds.

And this is also very true. When you are confident, you will play better. As with everything!

Just finished an insanity workout and turbo jam back to back!

I could have kept going to except got somewhere to be!

Insanity pure cardio and turbo jam back to back, turning into a good combo of workouts

Insanity pure cardio and turbo jam back to back, turning into a good combo of workouts

Nice job dude!! Really good combo of workouts!

I had my first bout with yoga yesterday.. Never really took the idea of it seriously but was pleasantly surprised at how much it works you.

Good stuff.

I had my first bout with yoga yesterday.. Never really took the idea of it seriously but was pleasantly surprised at how much it works you.

Good stuff.

I think you need to lose some weight Dan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back