The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats it. I hate factoring, and thats all there is to it. I finished 6 questions in one hour.. I have 18 left..

Thats it. I hate factoring, and thats all there is to it. I finished 6 questions in one hour.. I have 18 left..

I was scroling to the bottom of the page and I thought you wrote "I hate fornicating". hahahhahaha

Glad you like the cover I made sure to not get a white one and let you know you have THP friends north of the boarder. How are the balls and the glove?

hahahahhaa

75890_10151317237069792_704642053_n.jpg

The Official Banter Away Thread

I don't know how you Canadian folk do it, it's 25* outside and in freezing my ass off hah

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know how you Canadian folk do it, it's 25* outside and in freezing my ass off hah

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

A couple weeks ago my wife and I saw someone cross country skiing on a residential road in our community. We live a few minutes from a small ski hill with Olympic jumps. It was hilarious to see mrs scrap because she is from the caribian. Hahaha

I was scroling to the bottom of the page and I thought you wrote "I hate fornicating". hahahhahaha

Glad you like the cover I made sure to not get a white one and let you know you have THP friends north of the boarder. How are the balls and the glove?
Havnt been able to play a round yet, so i havnt been able to play the balls yet, but that HIRZL glove is so comfortable!

Good luck with that. Absolutely no golf clubs are hiring right now.

This one is, albeit not really a position you would be qualified for. I've spoken to them a few times about the position and they know I am thinking about the position but I don't know if I can go coast to coast.

^Siri probably sucks.

This one is, albeit not really a position you would be qualified for. I've spoken to them a few times about the position and they know I am thinking about the position but I don't know if I can go coast to coast.

^Siri probably sucks.

That is tough. I would love to be able to live there for a short amount of time to get a feel for it, but to commit to a full-time job there would be tough.

The golf business is unlike so many other big business employers out there. With so many big industries, changing jobs quickly and often would be looked at as career suicide and a terrible thing. The golf business does not look at it the same way. In fact many times its a positive as they view someone differently that stays stagnant throughout long stretches and call them "comfort creatures".

The new age of employees coming out now will change all of this. Tenure at jobs 5 years from now will average months, let alone years. Patience and differences in attitude will make hiring authorities have to respect that eventually.

The golf business is unlike so many other big business employers out there. With so many big industries, changing jobs quickly and often would be looked at as career suicide and a terrible thing. The golf business does not look at it the same way. In fact many times its a positive as they view someone differently that stays stagnant throughout long stretches and call them "comfort creatures".

The new age of employees coming out now will change all of this. Tenure at jobs 5 years from now will average months, let alone years. Patience and differences in attitude will make hiring authorities have to respect that eventually.

This is so 100% right. And this is why I'm entertaining a move. I like where I am but I've spent 3 summers, in 3 different departments mind you (internships/management), and almost a year in my management position. I'm not a comfort creature and refuse to be stagnant, plus I love to travel and the more you move around the more you learn.

^Siri probably sucks.

This is so 100% right. And this is why I'm entertaining a move. I like where I am but I've spent 3 summers, in 3 different departments mind you (internships/management), and almost a year in my management position. I'm not a comfort creature and refuse to be stagnant, plus I love to travel and the more you move around the more you learn.

Its definitely different than just about any other industry. If you look at just about anything else out there, a person that jumps from job to job and changes every 18 months or so is looked at by headhunters as high risk. Looked at by companies as last resort. The younger generation does not understand that, and I think there are enough workers to change the overall perception, but it has not happened yet.

The one issue that is always present is that the grass is always greener at the other side (meaning new job). Then you get there and realize it was just new sod and the same issues exist.

Having worked as a 1st assistant in Portland, I can tell you that its one of the best places in the country to learn your trade. They pay well, the golf is great, the food and people are great. But it is on the edge of the world and takes forever to travel. But most in the industry do winters in palm desert and portland in the summer and spring.

Its definitely different than just about any other industry. If you look at just about anything else out there, a person that jumps from job to job and changes every 18 months or so is looked at by headhunters as high risk. Looked at by companies as last resort. The younger generation does not understand that, and I think there are enough workers to change the overall perception, but it has not happened yet.

The one issue that is always present is that the grass is always greener at the other side (meaning new job). Then you get there and realize it was just new sod and the same issues exist.

Yes sir. Luckily for me, I'm happy where I am and not looking for a new job because I am unhappy. I love the golf industry because promotion and progression is a standard practice and moving from property to property is truly encouraged. So many clubs do things the same ways which make transitions easy, but do things so differently that encourage learning and moving around. That being said, references in the golf industry are heavily influential good, and bad, based on how tight knit the management associations are. CMAA, PGA, GCSAA, these people rely on each other and one bad move can and will kill you.

The golf industry is one where someone can make moves and learn a ton and progress in their career VERY quickly with the right mindset, work ethic and support team.

^Siri probably sucks.

Boy, if I had a quarter on how many times I've told that to people. The people that join our company get antsy when they haven't been promoted within a year of them arriving; and these are college grads. It blows my mind. If it goes 18 months and no advancement they are looking to the next company. I don't know what these colleges are teaching them right now but boy they are blowing their left foot off by jumping ship so quick.

Boy, if I had a quarter on how many times I've told that to people. The people that join our company get antsy when they haven't been promoted within a year of them arriving; and these are college grads. It blows my mind. If it goes 18 months and no advancement they are looking to the next company. I don't know what these colleges are teaching them right now but boy they are blowing their left foot off by jumping ship so quick.

Instant gratification in life leading up to the 1st job. Its career suicide right now. Its as bad as the sales person that sends his resume to the headhunter or HR director and says he is interested in management. Immediate red flag that says "I dont want to sell anymore". Bottom of the pile every time.

Yes the new generation is a different breed! Often called lazy, ill-prioritized, and many other things, we are certainly misunderstood when stacked up against the rest of the generations.

^Siri probably sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back