Android Phone Thread

April. Waiting for it just as bad as waiting on the Texas Invitational. :p

Sent from my DROID X2

Oh, I'm on Verizon

Sent from my DROID X2

So I switched to a different launcher and decided to try out Apex launcher. So far, I'm loving it. Was able to toggle icon size and columns/rows and all kinds of other things.

Love having everything on my home screen, then using widgets on my other screens. Being able to change some things up made it less cluttered, even with all the folders, etc.

6asuja4y.jpg

Nice War. It looks like you are really maximizing all of the screen real estate on that Note 2! Well done. I haven't used Apex but I have used Go Launcher and Nova all are pretty comparable they all offer the customization really goes back to personal preference. I am actually using the stock launcher on my Galaxy Nexus with a 4.2.1 custom ROM, I like getting the feel for the stock Android experience before I go playing around and changing things up will almost always do. Gotta love that about Android.

I am using Nova on my tablet.

Nice War! I really like what you did. Might have to copy and do something similar. I'm still getting used to this giant phone and how I want to customize it.

Nice War! I really like what you did. Might have to copy and do something similar. I'm still getting used to this giant phone and how I want to customize it.

Good luck. There are endless possibilities for customizing Android that is the beauty of the OS. Let me know if you have any questions and I will see if I can help.

Nice War. It looks like you are really maximizing all of the screen real estate on that Note 2! Well done. I haven't used Apex but I have used Go Launcher and Nova all are pretty comparable they all offer the customization really goes back to personal preference. I am actually using the stock launcher on my Galaxy Nexus with a 4.2.1 custom ROM, I like getting the feel for the stock Android experience before I go playing around and changing things up will almost always do. Gotta love that about Android.

I am using Nova on my tablet.
Thanks dude. I had been using Nova for weeks, and decided to switch it up to Apex. Im liking the one screen layout I have going on.

So I switched to a different launcher and decided to try out Apex launcher. So far, I'm loving it. Was able to toggle icon size and columns/rows and all kinds of other things.

Love having everything on my home screen, then using widgets on my other screens. Being able to change some things up made it less cluttered, even with all the folders, etc.

I've been fooling around with Apex for a few days now on my tablet. It gives me more of a Jelly Bean feel since I couldn't end up rooting it.

I've been fooling around with Apex for a few days now on my tablet. It gives me more of a Jelly Bean feel since I couldn't end up rooting it.
Why couldnt you root?

Why couldnt you root?

apprently there was no root for the version 4.0.3 r5a on Sony Tablet S(not the xperiea release). I'm sure there actually is but I just couldn't find it. But this has served me quite well.

apprently there was no root for the version 4.0.3 r5a on Sony Tablet S(not the xperiea release). I'm sure there actually is but I just couldn't find it. But this has served me quite well.

Hmm that is interesting ddec did you try the forums over at XDA? Those guys are great and I thought they had figured how to root almost anything. Might be worth a try.

Hmm that is interesting ddec did you try the forums over at XDA? Those guys are great and I thought they had figured how to root almost anything. Might be worth a try.

yup that's where I got the root download from. Tried it on mine, but alas burred in the thread it said it did not work on 4.0.3 r5a. Kind of disappointing but oh well.

yup that's where I got the root download from. Tried it on mine, but alas burred in the thread it said it did not work on 4.0.3 r5a. Kind of disappointing but oh well.

Wow that is surprising just unlucky I guess. If those guys don't have it I have no idea where else to turn to. That sucks oh well just have to get a new tablet haha

Wow that is surprising just unlucky I guess. If those guys don't have it I have no idea where else to turn to. That sucks oh well just have to get a new tablet haha

lol I'm sure someone will crack the code. I could always do a factory reset and root from there. I just want google now on my device.

lol I'm sure someone will crack the code. I could always do a factory reset and root from there. I just want google now on my device.

Yeah that is true. Totally agree about Google Now it is really awesome. I was skeptical at first but after a couple of months using it don't know what I would do with out it. Apparently there is also talk of widget coming soon. I was and article from one of the blogs I follow on Pulse about it but it was pulled shortly after.

6asuja4y.jpg

I love Apex too. Look into SF Launcher also. It will give you Google Now experience. Still in alpha phase and decided to wait until it's more mature.

With Apex, look into UCCW Widgets. Confusing how to use at first but once you understand how to design, you will transform your phone.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

This is what I started with UCCW
Screenshot_2013-02-09-09-51-25.png

Ended up with this look for now
Screenshot_2013-02-13-13-26-03.png

If you browse through the forum for UCCW, some crazy screen layouts. There is also a person call Seriously Crazy who has created a bunch of icons for people to use.

For got to mention the main feature I like about Apex compared to TW is gestures. I know the other launchers have it but I missed it from my CM days. Now when I swipe up and 2 finger swipe up, I show/hide status bar and launcher icons
Screenshot_2013-02-13-13-33-52.png

I love Apex too. Look into SF Launcher also. It will give you Google Now experience. Still in alpha phase and decided to wait until it's more mature.

With Apex, look into UCCW Widgets. Confusing how to use at first but once you understand how to design, you will transform your phone.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
I've played around with UCCW, but not enough to get it to function. Any tips?

That is galaxy s4 territory right there!!!!
The rumored specs are impressive. 8 core processor? Jeeez. Maybe I should have waited!

I've played around with UCCW, but not enough to get it to function. Any tips?

I started out learning by downloading the templates from XDA. One of the main designers shares them for free. All he asks is that you hit the Thanks button. I'm that creative enough to come up anything better than he did so I just use a mix of the templates he has available.

But really, SF Launcher looks awesome. Transitioning to GNow has a seemless interface. It's one screen with the middle part that scrolls widgets. Swipe left and you're at the app drawer. Once it hits beta, I will start using it.

I started out learning by downloading the templates from XDA. One of the main designers shares them for free. All he asks is that you hit the Thanks button. I'm that creative enough to come up anything better than he did so I just use a mix of the templates he has available.

But really, SF Launcher looks awesome. Transitioning to GNow has a seemless interface. It's one screen with the middle part that scrolls widgets. Swipe left and you're at the app drawer. Once it hits beta, I will start using it.
I checked out SF today, looks sweet!

Is there like a tiny url thing for the twitter app? Or for the phone so I can use it in twitter.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Out of the blue I find my phone was updated overnight. Nothing I did, just had a message that I was now running something icecream or other and to enjoy. So far I'm not enjoying! I kind of like a few things about the new look, but this piece of crap is extremely slow and it's frustrating me. Add to that now my email won't connect and every time I go to text someone I have to erase previous wording that starts the line. WTH is up with this thing?

I'm way past due for an upgrade, but really don't want to spend the money as my old Thunderbolt was working fine until now.

Out of the blue I find my phone was updated overnight. Nothing I did, just had a message that I was now running something icecream or other and to enjoy. So far I'm not enjoying! I kind of like a few things about the new look, but this piece of crap is extremely slow and it's frustrating me. Add to that now my email won't connect and every time I go to text someone I have to erase previous wording that starts the line. WTH is up with this thing?

I'm way past due for an upgrade, but really don't want to spend the money as my old Thunderbolt was working fine until now.
Common problem for thunderbolt users. I had the same issue. I couldn't even load text messages. You're probably going to have to complete a factory reset and reinstall all your apps. A PiTA yes but it'll run better. Just remember to backup your important phone data if you choose to do this.

Back