Nike Covert Tour FW Damage

pattont

Reaction score
Handicap
NikeFWWood_zps5b1ae7af.jpg

Well, the image speaks for itself. I bought this last Saturday and finally could go to the range yesterday. The ball was just barely teed up as I normally practice hitting 3 wood off the deck. I got a few balls in and was just crushing it and decided to go after one. Obviously, a bad choice. I chunked under it and the ground (soft from rain and snow) just gave way and I went under it. I was literally sick to my stomach after doing it. I just figured I would share my experience here about it. Embarrassing for sure! I am waiting to hear back from Nike to maybe sell me a demo head or something.

Oh man. That just sucks.

Ouch - sorry to see that man. That hurts for sure and no hiding it with the red.

Best of luck on Nike working a deal with you or something.

Wow. Not sure if it's the red paint or what, but that looks deep.

Ouch dude, that makes ME sick, I can only imagine how you feel about it.

This is why I've re-invested in Pop-up Protectors. Ya just never know.

Ugh, I feel for you.

Man that stinks. You could always look in to those refinishing services that you see in the GolfWorks catalog

My condolences to you and your club. I cringed when I saw the pic.

Ouch...hate that for you, pattont. I'd be sick too. Hopefully Nike can help ya out.

This is a great cautionary tale. Will be getting some PUP's for sure. Sorry about your club.

Wow. That is the worst sky mark I have ever seen.

Aww man. That would kill me. I think I shed a tear.

Thats poor. The club could "break" in the next week or so in some sort of freak way and you could return it under your warranty for a new one!

Thats poor. The club could "break" in the next week or so in some sort of freak way and you could return it under your warranty for a new one!

OEMs are pretty good at figuring out how a club broke. Nowadays its pretty difficult to intentionally break a club and send it in for a new one.

THPing on Tapatalk

Wow. That is the worst sky mark I have ever seen.

Agreed. There is no dent whatsoever just paint completely gone down to the bare metal. I have already bought some ghost tape as I have the Covert driver on custom order right now and I don't want this happening again. Still can't believe it!

Wow...are you implying that he tries to break it?

Brutal. Def pick up some idiot mark protectors next time. Live and learn man, sorry that happened to your new stick!

I'd think about having all the paint stripped off and going with an old school, unpainted look.

I'd think about having all the paint stripped off and going with an old school, unpainted look.

That's an idea. I am going to wait to hear back from Nike before I do anything.

Wow...are you implying that he tries to break it?

Don't worry - I would never do that! I would rather just buy a new head for it than intentionally break it.

Dang...maybe there's a permanent marker or paint pen you can get that would match that red - might be better than nothing. I know there's a guy on ebay who sells touch up paint for clubs and he usually has current models (I recall getting titleist 910 paint). He'll probably have the nike paint in no time and its pretty cheap like $15 bucks for a vile of paint.

Ouch man. Sorry to see that!

One reason I always put idiot mark tape on my woods in March/April while I'm getting back in shape. Regardless if how good I think I am, that early in the season I know I'll pop one up eventually.

Ehh sorry to hear that no good. I will be interested to hear what Nike has to say about a possible replacement. Keep us in the loop and good luck!

Back