Android Phone Thread

Common problem for thunderbolt users. I had the same issue. I couldn't even load text messages. You're probably going to have to complete a factory reset and reinstall all your apps. A PiTA yes but it'll run better. Just remember to backup your important phone data if you choose to do this.

Thanks for the reply. I have zero idea how to do a factory restore, but how in the world can they just update my phone with no questions asked? I've had no problems at all until now, loved this phone. I'm guessing they just want me to run out and update to a new one.

Thanks for the reply. I have zero idea how to do a factory restore, but how in the world can they just update my phone with no questions asked? I've had no problems at all until now, loved this phone. I'm guessing they just want me to run out and update to a new one.
Unfortunately for the major updates you don't have a choice. There's a way to disable it but it's pretty technical.

Settings > Storage > Factory Data Reset. Good luck due!

Unfortunately for the major updates you don't have a choice. There's a way to disable it but it's pretty technical.

Settings > Storage > Factory Data Reset. Good luck due!

Thanks buddy, I'll give it a try over the weekend. Anymore all I use it for is texting and telling the time, lol.

Out of the blue I find my phone was updated overnight. Nothing I did, just had a message that I was now running something icecream or other and to enjoy. So far I'm not enjoying! I kind of like a few things about the new look, but this piece of crap is extremely slow and it's frustrating me. Add to that now my email won't connect and every time I go to text someone I have to erase previous wording that starts the line. WTH is up with this thing?

I'm way past due for an upgrade, but really don't want to spend the money as my old Thunderbolt was working fine until now.
I recently upgraded to the Note 2, but I had the Thunderbolt and got the update like 2 weeks ago. It was funny, I woke up 1 morning didn't know if it was my phone. I stared at it for a few seconds trying to figure out how to work my phone again.

I recently upgraded to the Note 2, but I had the Thunderbolt and got the update like 2 weeks ago. It was funny, I woke up 1 morning didn't know if it was my phone. I stared at it for a few seconds trying to figure out how to work my phone again.

Lol, sounds like what I went through, only at 4am. Thought I was dreaming.

Nice. I thought it was another format of Tetris. Started out easy and then go hard quick. I also like it doesn't ask for crazy permissions like access to my contacts.

My cousins say to try out Candy Crush. Not sure if I can start another addicting game.

#centerofthemiddle

Pie Control by Coolace. Should be handy for Note2 users. I like it for my GS3.

#centerofthemiddle

Oh buddy, I am liking what I am seeing out of Pie Control. Hot spots!

And you can bring it up even while in another app. The Pie rocks!

#centerofthemiddle

Where is the best place to buy a used phone, I don't want to lose my unlimited data and the original Droid is getting a little slow.

Where is the best place to buy a used phone, I don't want to lose my unlimited data and the original Droid is getting a little slow.
I have had success on Craigslist in the past.

Also check out Swappa and also eBay but proceed with caution on EBay

Cowboom I hear is pretty good. It's owned by BestBuy. Also check out slickdeals.com, there are always posts about refurbished phones.

Get the Nexus from the Playstore. No contract and the price is decent too for no contract. Problem is that they sell out quick so keep an eye on them.

#centerofthemiddle

Earlier in the thread someone posted this site, dont know anything about it.
Swappa.com

Sent from my DROID X2

after months of trying to figure it out I finally got the group text options to work on my phone. I pretty much just gave up a while back but yesterday I was getting bombarded with texts from a group and it was driving me nuts. Found there was a setting in GoSMS that I did not know about and BAM! It works great now even with those pesky iMessagers. Just makes me love my phone even more now.

after months of trying to figure it out I finally got the group text options to work on my phone. I pretty much just gave up a while back but yesterday I was getting bombarded with texts from a group and it was driving me nuts. Found there was a setting in GoSMS that I did not know about and BAM! It works great now even with those pesky iMessagers. Just makes me love my phone even more now.
what is this?

Nice I don't use GO but have found the stock message app to be pretty good. Only issue I have with the group messages and those iMessagers is pictures sometime they do not show up. Might have to give GO a try.

Back