Votes: 32 31.4%
  • PING Anser

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • PING G25

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Cleveland Classic XL/Custom

Votes: 27 26.5%

• Total voters
It's a little early, but judging by the forum, the two Adams drivers will go away quickly the same way that their previous offerings have. Little to no interest from even the internet crowd.

Easily the Amp Cell IMO. Having hit it in Iowa I'm pretty certain it could be a bomber for me with a shaft change.

80% fairways in 2 rounds with the Amp Cell. I averaged 24.8% last year with the R11 and RBZ.

overlooked that it's not even on the list
I agree. The past offerings show that Adams makes some outstanding drivers yet they have recieved absolutely no love compared to the products listed.

Over the last few weeks, I have visited every golf store within 50 miles of my home, multiple times, for the sole purpose of trying out drivers. In response to the OP, one of things I've seen affecting popularity of a driver, other than marketing, is availability. I cannot find a store that carries Mizuno or Wilson drivers. There are only a couple that carry Cleveland and out of these, none carry the XL Classic Custom, only the XL Classic (and no one has the Black). I live just outside a major U.S. city and can't find these, so I'm guessing they're hard to find a lot of other places as well. You know which drivers I see at every store? TM and Callaway. Nike is a close second, but one specialty store has dropped them for some reason.

Personally, I think the 913d2 is the most overlooked (or isn't receiving as much praise as it should). Titleist admits it's not much different than the 910 because they think the 910 is a very good club. The new shafts and the hotter face of the 913 make this model outstanding.

I think the Cleveland Classic XL is a close second. The B. Asha shaft is very good and this was one of, if not the, most accurate drivers I've hit. Just can't get the distance I want from it.

And the Mizuno JPX 825 is very high on the overlooked list. A solid driver, but no marketing, not even on the Hot List and not for sale any where, isn't get very many people looking at it.

What about the new offerings from Adams? We've seen them both reviewed here. Seem to be some decent clubs, but could probably be considered on a "most overlooked" list along with these others.

I read somewhere a year or two ago that Adams is more popular in areas with large retiree populations like Florida or Arizona. I think in the past Adams gear was marketed more toward the champions tour age golfer so maybe that is there issue.

Tour Edge doesn't get any love either & they put out some very nice gear.

Not a driver, but Seemore putters are really popular here on the forum & I own one....but I remember asking the lady at the pro shop about ording a Seemore putter last year & she told me she had never heard of the company. And before coming to this pro shop she said she worked at Pebble Beach. I guess that is becuase the are a smaller company they get overlooked.

It's a little early, but judging by the forum, the two Adams drivers will go away quickly the same way that their previous offerings have. Little to no interest from even the internet crowd.
I think we are VERY close to Adams becoming a hybrid/fairway only company.

Hi Guys
I just bought my Cleveland Classic 290. I went to the driving range ( in 27 degree weather ) this past Sunday to give it a try. Long story short....... I am Very happy with it. As with most peoples golf swing, if you try to swing too hard EVERYTHING gets messed up. But what I really found is that if you just make sure that you put a nice tempo swing on and only think about making nice contact, the club itself will REALLY drives the ball far and straight. My problem will always be that I try to swing harder than I should. I tried out about 10 different drivers at our local golfsmith on a week night that we had a lot of snow... Titlteist... Cobra.... Ping ..... Calloway and Cleveland...
Again I know that everybody has certain things that they need to see as they stand over thier clubs... But for me the Classic 290 is in my bag and I am excited to get going...

I think that would actually make sense. Much moreso than making a bunch of drivers that don't sell.

I haven't had the chance to overlook anything yet.

Hi Guys
I just bought my Cleveland Classic and to be honest with you I have only been outside once with it...
But..... I Really do love the club... Easy to swing and control as long as you dont swing out of your shoes.
But the DISTANCE is FANTASTIC....

I have only hit a couple of those and I really liked the Anser to my surprise. I think with it coming out so early some people are forgetting to mention in.

I voted for the AMP Cell and that's only because I don't' think it gets enough buzz as it should!!!

I actually think this would be a very WISE idea.

You don't see Scotty out pawning anything less than, what some consider, a top quality putter. Just sayin'

Vote goes to Cleveland classic xl. Maybe I have just been blind but I haven't seen hardly any ads for the classic. I've seen ones for the amp cell with rickie and poulter on tv and in magazines. Blair oneal sure helps also! Cobra might be overlooked but not as much as the classic has...

Ya I think Adams will be end up being over looked (driver-wise). But it's super early. Hawks review has pushed me to try to hit one.

I actually think this would be a very WISE idea.

You don't see Scotty out pawning anything less than, what some consider, a top quality putter. Just sayin'
I thought scotty was a small part of titleist similar to how yes putters are to adams.

Born to drink
Drink to score

Have to go with Cobra here.

I haven't hit any of these yet except the 913's, so in the sense of least-hyped I'd go with the Cleveland. However, I don't know how it performs

I read somewhere a year or two ago that Adams is more popular in areas with large retiree populations like Florida or Arizona. I think in the past Adams gear was marketed more toward the champions tour age golfer so maybe that is there issue.

Tour Edge doesn't get any love either & they put out some very nice gear.

Not a driver, but Seemore putters are really popular here on the forum & I own one....but I remember asking the lady at the pro shop about ording a Seemore putter last year & she told me she had never heard of the company. And before coming to this pro shop she said she worked at Pebble Beach. I guess that is becuase the are a smaller company they get overlooked.

I would concur with that sentiment. I have a perception of Adams clubs as being more for the senior set, even though I know that's not true. Stigma/perception. No matter how little it applies to 95% of golfers, presence on the PGA Tour among top players has a lot to do with it, I think. TM, Titleist and Callaway arguably have the biggest presence in terms of drivers on tour. Cobra really only has 4 guys that I can think of off the top of my head. And most golfers I know don't really give Nike clubs a thought. I think that will change this year, mostly due to high profile players switching to the swoosh. I think there's definitely a link to that line of marketing. Is anyone rushing out to try what Baddely and Moore are hitting?

I think cobra has gotten a lot of attention on this but of all the clubs the amp cell is out there and peoples choose not to be interested. The new adams and cleveland drivers have received no advertising or attention from the public in comparison. Tours what makes then so much more overlooked then the cobras.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I am likely biased but to me the MyFly tech is really ahead of it's time but will ge over looked by many.

I'm confused by this statement.

I think it's the Cobra Amp Cell. Lots of people don't know how awesome it is.

Back