Music while practicing?

Totally agree. These are my thoughts exactly.
I listen to music a lot on the range especially when it's crowded helps me keep in the zone and concentrate on what I'm doing and not worry about everyone else around me. I love listening to music so why not combine two things I love.

I've tried it and sometimes it works if the range is busy but other times it can be a bit of a distraction.

I'll often actually GOLF with earbuds playing tunes. Drives my dad crazy, haha. I run the cord right down the inside of my shirt (so it's out of the way) into my pocket where my droid is. Being able to change music to something calming, confdent or energizing in the right situations is pretty nice. Especially if you happen to be with/near a rude or otherwise loud/distracting group.

Sometimes just to toy with him I'll address a ball, step back and say, "Hold on, I gotta wait for the good part of the song coming up." When it's my brother, dad, and I we really play alot of head games with each other.

Last edited:
I listen to music all the time when I'm out practicing.

The cords annoy me.

This is exactly why I got a set of blue tooth head phones, also work great for running.

I will listen to music if I am just at the range practicing dont see a problem with it, it helps block out the sounds of other people hitting the ball as well which to me is way more distracting in my swing than some music.

I do not listen to music while I play. I like to focus and I just can't if ac/dc is playing... :banghead::act-up:

I like to, but most of the time I forget my Ipod

I like to, but most of the time I forget my Ipod

I'll do it on occasion, but mostly I just like hearing the sounds of mis hit irons. Nothing settles the mind better than the sound of a flush hosel rocket

I only listen with the ear buds in. It is funny to look up and see someone standing there talking to you and you had know idea he was even there. Happened to me yeaterday. They were bluetooth so he had no idea I couldn't hear him. I listen to some heavier rock music when I am practicing. To know the truth, I don't really notice it that much while I am hitting, but it lets me concentrate on what I am trying to do.

Out of curiosity, what ear buds do you use? Been looking for a decent set with Bluetooth.

I don't like it, it messes with my tempo.

Out of curiosity, what ear buds do you use? Been looking for a decent set with Bluetooth.

Same here. Mediocre quality is the reason I've stuck with the wired set for so long. Seems like I look every six months or so. Always get scared away by the negative reviews.

I'll often actually GOLF with earbuds playing tunes. Drives my dad crazy, haha. I run the cord right down the inside of my shirt (so it's out of the way) into my pocket where my droid is. Being able to change music to something calming, confdent or energizing in the right situations is pretty nice. Especially if you happen to be with/near a rude or otherwise loud/distracting group.

Sometimes just to toy with him I'll address a ball, step back and say, "Hold on, I gotta wait for the good part of the song coming up." When it's my brother, dad, and I we really play alot of head games with each other.

If you ever play in a competition, keep in mind that what you are doing is against the rules.

I have never listened to music while practicing but have meant to give it a try. Unfortunately, I seem to always forget my mp3 player when I go out

This thread really makes me miss my summer range trips. Most of the time i listen to music. Something up beat that puts a little pep in my step. Plus i hate listening to the parking lot pros talking to their buddies after every shank.

I hate snow..........

Nope. Definitely not. One of the joys of being out on the course for me is the absence of sound, distraction. On the range, I could consider it I guess, although I have trouble on focusing on one thing as it is!

Often wondered about trying this myself at the range, but decided it would be more of a hinderance than a help.

It is rare that I don't practice with music on the ole headset. I do it so I don't have to listen to all the BS around me. It also allows me to feel with hands the impact of each shot. I find it very beneficial

I have never tried music while playing or practicing, but I know I will never try it while playing. I love the sound of the outdoors, the birds, the ball landing on the green etc. Even while practicing I think I would find music distracting.

Pandora.. On either Hip Hop radio or The Carpenters. Depends on my mood. Weird I know. I like a lot of different music.
While I putt I throw some headphones in and if I am the only one out there I will put my phone on the ground right around where I putt.
I feel like it just tones all of the other noises out and dials me in.

I tend to use music when I practice on the putting greens and that is usually it helps me relax and putt nicely, I feel more at ease and I make more putts. But during full swing stuff I don't like to use music because i want to use the same tempo

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Bluetooth headset with eclectic mix of music, half the time forget it is on! Helps me tune things out when need to focus.

Back