NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah man, it was vice versa for me because I'm down here in South Carolina, I fount it on the Devils station tonight at 10 so I guess I'll get to watch it tomorrow after work. Bout to watch the Preds/Wings game, the Preds are my second favorite team and I really don't like the Wings. Every time the Preds and Wings get together it seems like it ends up being an awesome game. It's odd to see the Wings struggling this bad this year, they're not in terrible shape but by their standards they are.

Hmm yeah I don't have a second favorite team. Enjoy the Predators or whoever it is

0-4 to the Isles.
i'm thoroughly embarrassed...

Last minute batted out of the air goal is the nail in the coffin for the leafs. That one hurt.

^Siri probably sucks.

Hmm yeah I don't have a second favorite team. Enjoy the Predators or whoever it is

Maybe I misused the word favorite there..but I like to see them do well. When they play the Caps, there's absolutely no doubt who I'm pulling for. I really do honestly wish we still had Poelle as GM as opposed to McPhee.

Maybe I misused the word favorite there..but I like to see them do well. When they play the Caps, there's absolutely no doubt who I'm pulling for. I really do honestly wish we still had Poelle as GM as opposed to McPhee.

Sorry I didn't mean to come off like a jerk. I like George as GM I thought he has a done a good job. My only complaint is that the Caps have needed a big strong defensemen for years someone that can log a lot of minutes and play in every situation. I really hope he addresses this soon either draft or FA.

The new alignment proposal just looks odd, maybe I'm just holding onto the past too much!

The new alignment proposal just looks odd, maybe I'm just holding onto the past too much!

It kind of makes me laugh... CBJ would go from the West and an extremely tough division to the east and an extremely difficult conference 2 or whatever it's being called.

They just can't win.

wheres the new alignment proposal i havn't seen anything new

The new alignment is tough to get my brain around, but it is for the better of the league long term. It would be nice to see Stamkos/Crosby/Ovechkin/Giroux more than once every 3 years in Vancouver.

Good game in Detroit so far. Henrik and Daniel are finding their stride and playing well...watch out western conference.

What a bogus call that goalie interference penalty was...Kassian didnt even touch the goalie.

wheres the new alignment proposal i havn't seen anything new

I: Carolina, Columbus, New Jersey, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington
II: Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Florida, Montreal, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Toronto
III: Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg
IV: Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver

Once again we are foiled by absolute garbage officiating. 2 phantom calls and then a third penalty for complaining about the first two lol. The one PP the Nucks recieved was also a bogus call. Where do they find these airheads?

Good play by the lightning to start the comeback!

1-0 loss for the Jackets to the Blackhawks tonight.. Just ridiculous that they couldn't bury on a few basically empty nets.

Also, Mason played huge.

Sorry I didn't mean to come off like a jerk. I like George as GM I thought he has a done a good job. My only complaint is that the Caps have needed a big strong defensemen for years someone that can log a lot of minutes and play in every situation. I really hope he addresses this soon either draft or FA.

No worries man. I'm with you on the d man comment and it's kinda sad it took us this long to get a 2nd line center though it could be argued he's out played Nicky this year which really sucks because I really like Backstrom. He is making Brouwer look dang awesome this year. I did like Arnott when he was here for his 3 or 4 month stay but that clearly wasn't a long term solution. I finally got to see a replay of the game from the Devils channel yesterday, I actually really enjoyed their announcers, they were talking about how Oates will really help Ovechkin reinvent and rejuvenate his game much like he has helped Kovy turn it around. I remember Kovy getting pretty stale at the end when he was in ATL, it had gotten to where he would over stay his shifts just ridiculously and was just pretty much a one trick pony with the slapshot from the point on the PP. He has improved tremendously since he's went to New Jersey, it's weird seeing him playing some decent defense too. They also interviewed Ovi's fiancé on the Devils channel, if her being there makes that big of a difference in his game Ted needs to put her on the payroll and pay her to come watch Ovi,lol

I: Carolina, Columbus, New Jersey, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington
II: Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Florida, Montreal, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Toronto
III: Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg
IV: Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver

I like it but I want to know how they'll do playoffs with the uneven Eastern and Western Divisions. I think a good idea would be to put two expansion teams in out west. I think Seattle would be a good option and would support a team even with Vancouver just up the road. Forgive me of my ignorance of Canadian geography but I'm sure there's a city in Western Canada that could support a NHL team.

It kind of makes me laugh... CBJ would go from the West and an extremely tough division to the east and an extremely difficult conference 2 or whatever it's being called.

They just can't win.

I think it would be good for them to have all that exposure in major markets. Plus Pitt will be a natural rivalry.

It looks tough now, but that could all change in 5 years.

Once again we are foiled by absolute garbage officiating. 2 phantom calls and then a third penalty for complaining about the first two lol. The one PP the Nucks recieved was also a bogus call. Where do they find these airheads?

Wanna talk about garbage officiating? Check the Devils vs Jets game. Puck is in the crease, Hainsey, literally grabs the puck off Pavelec's pad and throws it over his shoulder. Should be a penalty shot. As if that wasnt bad enough, the puck drops right to Zidlicky who scores and the ref blew the whistle because he didnt know where the puck was. No goal, no penalty, no penalty shot. About a minute later, Clarkson gets absolutely reefed from behind and no call either. The officiating in the NHL is so bad its almost comical. Every night there is a team getting absolutely screwed. They should be held accountable for being so blatantly terrible but they arent.

This is what I don't understand. The nhl used to had the best officiating going. Now it's all gone.

^Siri probably sucks.

This is what I don't understand. The nhl used to had the best officiating going. Now it's all gone.

^Siri probably sucks.

These guys are absolutely brutally bad. My favorite is when an official is standing right next to a player being highsticked and calls nothing but the official in the neutral zone calls it. How does that happen? Imagine if we still only had 1 official?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back