Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf? Tampa? Florida? That makes no sense

^Siri probably sucks.

Flip Tampa and Columbus

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Flip Tampa and Columbus

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I'm guessing Florida and Tampa are a package deal.

The officiating really has been awful this year. What the heck happened to calling the game as its played? There are so many phantom, BS, make up calls its ridiculous.

Ducks v Kings tonight. Both teams are riding win streaks. These are always one of the more entertaining games for me. Last time I went to see the teams play they wrapped it up with this epic fight.

The officiating really has been awful this year. What the heck happened to calling the game as its played? There are so many phantom, BS, make up calls its ridiculous.

Ducks v Kings tonight. Both teams are riding win streaks. These are always one of the more entertaining games for me. Last time I went to see the teams play they wrapped it up with this epic fight.

I agree there have been a bunch of weird/bad calls, but I don't know if I think it's more than other years, I've always found NHL officiating to be of a lower quality than other sports, but then again, it's one of the fastest moving sports as well!

I put a few pennies down via Sports Select for tonight. All teams have to win for me to collect a little cash, I like my ticket.
Philly over T.O.
Sens over Habs
Hawks over Oilers
Ducks over Kings.

Hey JRod, you can see his HUMANGOUS big FIVEHOLE from here!!
7u9edu3a.jpg

^Siri probably sucks.

Good game tonight, could have gone either way, Flyers keep digging themselves holes. Did you see Phaneuf play the puck with a broken stick? Should have been a penalty at the end of the game, not sure how the refs missed that one considering he was standing right there.

I think it would be good for them to have all that exposure in major markets. Plus Pitt will be a natural rivalry.

It looks tough now, but that could all change in 5 years.

They pair them with a bunch of established franchises... It's just another sampling of how they have to take every single hardest step possible to get good.

No Kane/Toews from drafts for the Jackets, sadly. No Crosby/Malkin either... Some teams just have to do it the very hard way.

Good game tonight, could have gone either way, Flyers keep digging themselves holes. Did you see Phaneuf play the puck with a broken stick? Should have been a penalty at the end of the game, not sure how the refs missed that one considering he was standing right there.

EXACTLY....I stopped watching the game at that point....it made me sick to my stomach right in front of a ref too! Horrible call that could have cost the flyers a win, as they were pushing hard at the end and I felt that puck was making its way in on a power play and 6 on 4 with the goalie pulled!

Hey JRod, you can see his HUMANGOUS big FIVEHOLE from here!!
7u9edu3a.jpg

^Siri probably sucks.

Dude you shouldn't even be at the game, Let the seats for some true flyers fans! Everytime I think I come on here your talking about bryzgalov more then I ever have, I think you like him actually and play it off!

Dude you shouldn't even be at the game, Let the seats for some true flyers fans! Everytime I think I come on here your talking about bryzgalov more then I ever have, I think you like him actually and play it off!

Thain was there watching his Leafs.. I wonder if he wore blue/white..

Wanna talk about garbage officiating? Check the Devils vs Jets game. Puck is in the crease, Hainsey, literally grabs the puck off Pavelec's pad and throws it over his shoulder. Should be a penalty shot. As if that wasnt bad enough, the puck drops right to Zidlicky who scores and the ref blew the whistle because he didnt know where the puck was. No goal, no penalty, no penalty shot. About a minute later, Clarkson gets absolutely reefed from behind and no call either. The officiating in the NHL is so bad its almost comical. Every night there is a team getting absolutely screwed. They should be held accountable for being so blatantly terrible but they arent.

Agreed, games are actually being lost and won from horrible officiating and it is posing a problem to where someone needs to step into this and review calls after a game has even ended and I even think stripping a team of the points for a game so close with bad calls, no joke!

Thain was there watching his Leafs.. I wonder if he wore blue/white..

I am sure he was, I just find it funny that game was about to be tied and horrible offiaciting ruined another great game and possible tie match! I see it all over the NHL......I just think it's funny as I think deep down THAINER likes Bryzgalov....I was off of here for like 2 weeks and came on and saw some posts and he talks about him all the time....deep down inside he like him and doesnt want to admit it I think! HAHA!

Agreed, games are actually being lost and won from horrible officiating and it is posing a problem to where someone needs to step into this and review calls after a game has even ended and I even think stripping a team of the points for a game so close with bad calls, no joke!

Ummm, no.
I hate the poor officiating as much as the next guy, but the above is not the answer.

I am sure he was, I just find it funny that game was about to be tied and horrible offiaciting ruined another great game and possible tie match! I see it all over the NHL......I just think it's funny as I think deep down THAINER likes Bryzgalov....I was off of here for like 2 weeks and came on and saw some posts and he talks about him all the time....deep down inside he like him and doesnt want to admit it I think! HAHA!

hah, man, I doubt it.. Sorry to hear the refs got in the way of this one. NHL refs are terrible.

Ummm, no.
I hate the poor officiating as much as the next guy, but the above is not the answer.

Yea well I forgot your the NHL answer, if that's not an answer then what?? Teams are gaining and missing points of this problem! There is no fair answer for each persons eyes. it was a figure of speach to an extant!

OHHH MY LOOK AT THIS 5 HOLE.....I think I could skate through there! HAHA....love hearing the 5 Hole comments, I guess some need to be reminded about the huge 5 holes goalies have when in position and standing over 6'0!

hi-res-138159452_crop_exact_zpse28468f9.jpg

hah, man, I doubt it.. Sorry to hear the refs got in the way of this one. NHL refs are terrible.

I am not saying it will ever happen, but there needs to be in all actual realaity hear a system where coaches get like 2 challenges a game or 1 per period like other sports for this type of stuff! They review what they think was a pentaly and go back and set the clock to where it was and even though the team could lose out on the extra PP time before the other team gains possession it is a serious option and real option that could be put into play! I do not know exactly how the details would get worked out but it is possible with that!

I am not saying it will ever happen, but there needs to be in all actual realaity hear a system where coaches get like 2 challenges a game or 1 per period like other sports for this type of stuff! They review what they think was a pentaly and go back and set the clock to where it was and even though the team could lose out on the extra PP time before the other team gains possession it is a serious option and real option that could be put into play! I do not know exactly how the details would get worked out but it is possible with that!

There are sports where penalties can be reviewed?

I hope they don't do that, it would be as bad as the NBA with all the stupid timeouts.. What they really need is some accountability.. Force these refs to go through specific game tape and explain how/why they missed calls. Once it's put under a full microscope, there's no way they don't dial it up a notch.

Now that I can get on board with.. Reimer/Scrivens are the SUUUUUUUCK!

HAHA i just had to post a picture and could post many more but won't of other goalies and who some on here consider the best that have huge 5 holes especially if your 6'2- 6'6. It is impossible to not have some space there....now smaller goalies can tighten that up a little which i will grant but I am laying the Bryz 5 hole comments and pics to rest! In fact every goal tonight was an empty net and all up top his shoulder and one a leaf got their stick on when all the action went from one side to the other and a leaf got the puck with a wide open net nobody could have got to unless they had the go go gadget arm extender.

I agree. I would like to see NHL coaches get a challenge or two per game. This would HELP the officials, not hurt them...and goodness knows they need the help.

I agree. I would like to see NHL coaches get a challenge or two per game. This would HELP the officials, not hurt them...and goodness knows they need the help.

If they are going to do that, why not add two officials watching from off-ice and sending facts to the ears of on ice officials? Challenge flags would send me for a loop.

There are sports where penalties can be reviewed?

I hope they don't do that, it would be as bad as the NBA with all the stupid timeouts.. What they really need is some accountability.. Force these refs to go through specific game tape and explain how/why they missed calls. Once it's put under a full microscope, there's no way they don't dial it up a notch.

Yea man like the NFL if a team has got a first down and a coach thinks not and wants them chains to be brought out he throws his red flag to challenge the call, not technically a pentaly but in the same sense where it gets over turned and I have seen this have games go the other way and a team win that was about to lose over an inch or 2 short of the 1st down but really was first called a 1st down. All touchdowns being reviewed. The NHL has gotten on board with some stuff like reviewing goals but there is more that could be done on serious pentalies that go missed that could cause a game change! NBA, do not even get me started there, I LOVE OKC though especially last year as they represented tough playing when they still had James Harden and it was like watching good fashioned High school teams go at it that were or college teams that were hard working and made the game fun to watch! That's why I love hockey and even watch teams I do not care for much but the intensity makes it worth watching.

If they are going to do that, why not add two officials watching from off-ice and sending facts to the ears of on ice officials? Challenge flags would send me for a loop.
That's an even better idea. I'm pretty much in favor of anything that helps right the ship at this point, even if it means more whistles and stoppages at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back