In the market for some new shoes, been a few years since i have purchased any.

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
Outside of the UGA shoes i got because the price was too hard to pass up last season, i have not really sunk any money into a nice pair or two of some up to date, latest and greatest shoes.

always gone the route of footjoy, some nike, and Etonic back in the day

Wear size 12, flat and slightly wide foot, so any ideas i would appreciate it.

I have the same size/type of foot. I love the lunar controls. Haven't tried the 2013s, but have two pairs of the 2012 versions. I tried the Adidas 360 shoes and they didn't feel great, and I didn't like the feeling of the TW13 either. Just personal preference though

What's your target budget?

What's your target budget?

i don't mind spending decent money 100.00-120.00 or so, but if there are some quality versions from last year that can be had for 60-80 i would not be opposed. I like to buy at least two pair at a time, i rotate them and like a pair for back up on golf trips.

For a traditional saddle shoe look, but with a whole lot more comfort than I ever found in Footjoys, I love my Nike Heritages:

nike-heritage-golf-shoes-extralarge.jpg

I have the same size/type of foot. I love the lunar controls. Haven't tried the 2013s, but have two pairs of the 2012 versions. I tried the Adidas 360 shoes and they didn't feel great, and I didn't like the feeling of the TW13 either. Just personal preference though

do they run true to size and width?

I've been a big fan of the Callaway Chev Blucher shoes. A dressier kind of golf shoe that you can usually find a pretty good price on.

Do you walk the course very often?

The Adidas 360 are really good, but I have high arches, so I'm not sure how you would like them.

Dawg, I have the same size foot, I recently bought a pair of FJ Contour Casuals and I love them!! Comfortable, come in wide sizes and the great thing is I can wear them from home to the course, to the store afterwards without a problem

Do you walk the course very often?

The Adidas 360 are really good, but I have high arches, so I'm not sure how you would like them.

i walk 9 holes when i can, most my buddies are cart guys, even though walking i bet i could still beat them, we usually ride.

If you can find a deal on a pair of Puma Super Cell Fusion Ice, I highly recommend them. I have collapsed arches and plantar fascitis and I do not even need my insoles, they are that comfortable.

Dawg, I have the same size foot, I recently bought a pair of FJ Contour Casuals and I love them!! Comfortable, come in wide sizes and the great thing is I can wear them from home to the course, to the store afterwards without a problem

those do look great, but i am a big guy, and when i start my downwing, you can literally hear the ball scream, and i need all the grip i can get. I tried a pair of shoes much like the FJ Contour Casuals, and just not enough for me, although i do think if i committed to them in time it would only help me in slowing things down.

RockBottomGolf.com and get a pair of the True Linkswear Tour shoes. They are fantastic I have a wide foot and these are the ONLY shoe that I have been able to wear that my pinky toe doesnt end up rollong over the sole of the shoe. I think they are under $60 for a pair from them. They are a barefoot (thin sole) shoe which takes a little getting use to but oh so worth it to your feet. I have a pair of the Black shoes and wear them in the office.

Ecco's are a bit pricey but worth every penny. The next golf shoes I buy will be another pair of those. I love how comfy they are and they grip all terrains!

those do look great, but i am a big guy, and when i start my downwing, you can literally hear the ball scream, and i need all the grip i can get. I tried a pair of shoes much like the FJ Contour Casuals, and just not enough for me, although i do think if i committed to them in time it would only help me in slowing things down.

I am a big guy also. I love the FJ Contour. Were your feet slipping? I have only had once incident that my feet slipped, and that was on a lot of pine straw. I have not tried any of the barefoot models, but these Contours are the most comfortable shoes I have owned.

do they run true to size and width?

I would say so. I generally wear a 13 when not golfing, but all my golf shoes have been 12s

Dude, have you ever seen me....LOL

I am a big boy too...no issues with these at all.

Lunar controls for the win!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was in the Adidas employee store yesterday where I had a 3 hour window of opportunity to get golf shoes at 50% off. Unfortunately, they didn't have a single offering in W...and as the store employee told me, their stuff runs narrow to begin with. Too bad too because they make some nice looking shoes.

I am working on wearing some cheap Etonics into the ground. They are solid shoes but I'm down on the brand because they reneged on a promotion when they were purchased by another company.

I have a pair of last years Nike Lunar Ascends. Very comfortable shoes. And I like they way they look, too. You can't go wrong with these. I find that Nikes also run a touch narrow but these shoes do come in W; that's what I have and they fit great.

I just ordered some footjoy dryjoy tours from tgw.com and love them lots of traction and I ordered last seasons so they were marked down to $100 or so.

In terms of comfort, FJ has always made the best shoes IMO. I own two pairs and couldn't be more pleased.

THPing on Tapatalk

Big Nike fan here, the Lunars are top notch and they just have an incredible assortment of shoe styles this year.

I cant agree enough about the lunar controls, just purchased the new 2013 lunars.... Omg i wish i could wear these to work... Sooooo Comfortable. But before I got the Nike's I had a really bad case of plantar faciitis, and had Asics they felt great and my feet never hurt during the round. So I switch between the two during the week

Back