The THP Bridgestone Championship - Las Vegas Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frontier is what I was thinking of, frontier, pioneer, oregon trail, its all the same.

I tried checking Frontier out of Kansas City, but it won't let me check the dates yet. Too far out, I guess.

Possibly, but perhaps not. Working on transportation for those that would like it.

Good to know. I am trying to decide if I will road trip it from NorCal. If I do, I'll have my vehicle available to assist in transport for a few people.

WOOHOO! Oct. 12th is my sis' wedding. We're back in this.

Last year I passed on (had to work) going to Vegas with my wife & mom-in-law. Well..not this time. Cheryl loves the idea now and obviously, I do too. The dates are open for us. So, I'll be eyeing this thread every hour. hehehe Oh darn, just remembered my sister's wedding in Sept.? It better not be same weekend. Darn, on standby, we should be ok..I think.

ALRIGHT!! My sis' wedding is Oct. 12th. We're still good to go.

another lag post

I tried checking Frontier out of Kansas City, but it won't let me check the dates yet. Too far out, I guess.

yeah same here, I just picked a random similar weekend in may to get a "rough" idea

This sounds absolutly amazing :)

So tempted to ask the missus if we can take a long weekend break in Vegas later in the year!

yeah same here, I just picked a random similar weekend in may to get a "rough" idea

I went through Kayak and got some ideas on those dates. I'm just going to have to keep an eye peeled on Frontier and Southwest and other deals that might pop up.

Good god I wish I had the ability to go to this. Sounds amazing

Good to know. I am trying to decide if I will road trip it from NorCal. If I do, I'll have my vehicle available to assist in transport for a few people.

Once you orient yourself it is a pretty easy drive from Rio to the course. Maybe 20 minutes and like 4 turns (from memory I want to say Flamingo to the 15 north, 15 to the 95 north, 95 to the exit, exit takes you straight to the course).

Also, rental cars are pretty easy and affordable in Vegas. The only downside is you have to take a shuttle from the airport to the rental car location.

So tempted to ask the missus if we can take a long weekend break in Vegas later in the year!

Awesome. Absolutely awesome.

International presence, I like it!

Once you orient yourself it is a pretty easy drive from Rio to the course. Maybe 20 minutes and like 4 turns (from memory I want to say Flamingo to the 15 north, 15 to the 95 north, 95 to the exit, exit takes you straight to the course).

Also, rental cars are pretty easy and affordable in Vegas. The only downside is you have to take a shuttle from the airport to the rental car location.

The last time I rented a car in Vegas was December 2002. Big yellow and black Dodge Viper. Much fun was had. Sadly, golf clubs don't fit in that one.

Awesome. Absolutely awesome.

The UK contingent of THPrs think BIG. Check out the thread where they are organizing an outing for themelves and they spend a page or two brainstorming on a THP Ryder Cup event.

That's awesome and I think my wife and I will be out there for those dates, we're going to celebrate her 50th birthday. I'm hoping with both fingers crossed that this will be at the same time.

Same story from here, looks like we are 3 weeks out from being able to book, since you can only book up to the 8th, or maybe they open it up in blocks I don't know.

I can get a pretty decent price through american it looks like, will have to shop around some more.

Same story from here, looks like we are 3 weeks out from being able to book, since you can only book up to the 8th, or maybe they open it up in blocks I don't know.

I can get a pretty decent price through american it looks like, will have to shop around some more.

Yeah, it looks like it's going to take some constant monitoring for deals. I was able to price Frontier for a couple weeks before this event leaving out to Vegas on Friday and returning late Sunday night and the price wasn't good. Pretty staggering, actually. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled.

I bought a raffle ticket where I can win $20,000 on March 15th. After I win I'll be signing up for this one.

Anxiously awaiting the price. In fact I could get 3 others to join the site with an inclusive vegas golf trip, albatross membership and all!

I've heard pioneer is cheap headed out to vegas, I bet they fly from Houston.

i dont think they do cheapest option it looks like is spirit at 300 .. united prices change all the time im booked to fly to vegas on united in april for $198 bucks. this 500 dollar price is also the fact that its a flight on a friday.

This sounds awesome, those who get to attend are gonna have a blast! Unfortunately still to much turmoil at work for me to commit for at least another 3 weeks.

OHHH this looks so awesome! I want to make it work, but I don't think it will happen...

Can't wait for the signups! Hopefully the west coast guys represent for this one! The Rio is a fantastic hotel. Is it safe to assume that there will be shuttles to and from the course?

This West Coaster definately plans on getting to this!!!!! Heck we have been talking about Vegas get together for 2+ years now. Now that it is finally happening, no chance I am going to miss it!!!

Even though I generally prefer to fly to Vegas, I might drive up since I think there is going to be a great need of vehicles and people looking for rides to the course.

This is an absolutely incredible event and all of the details aren't even out yet. Wish I could make it, but the cost/timing just won't fit into the wife and my plans this year. I've already talked her into the 2014 THP Demo Day and outing, so I can't quite push the issue on this one.

We aim to please fella :)

The THP Ryder Cup thing is something a few of us are planning to discuss before we bring something to the attention of those in charge at THP. I have no idea if this has been suggested before or if its even viable, but I think it goes without saying this would generate some huge interest from both sides of the pond.

If we were able to get something up and running I could see it becoming a very popular annual tradition :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back