Scotty, PING, or SeeMore?

I'm just not a fan of it. I roll it well; but it feels unnatural. Yes, putting is the sole reason my handicap is where it is, but I've done it with every putter I have ever had.

Gotcha and that is understandable. I change things just because all the time. IMO you can probably get a Seemore for pretty cheap out of those 3. Not sure if money is an issue for you. Seemore on Ebay is like stealing. The new Scottsdale TR's are nice though. I really think it just comes down to what you like to look at. If it were me, a Golo would be in the bag if I were picking between those 3 brands. Although there are some really nice Private Reserve Seemores

SeeMore man. Absolutely. But you have to roll what suits you best.

That trip to Franklin to SeeMore HQ could change your putting game.
Agreed, living that close I'd do an in person at SeeMore for sure. Make sure you document it so we can all drool over your experience!!!

My plan is to buy used whichever I go for. Being a college student, I don't have the 300 or so to fork over for a brand new putter. I've found a pretty good deal on the bay on an FGP, so lets just hope my bid holds.

Nothing quite like a Scotty .

Show me a great player who hasn't at least tried one at one time.
The numbers of pros and top amateurs who do not get sponsored to use them is just staggering. Must be a reason.

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I have never had any experience with a SeeMore putter so I can't say anything from my perspective. It seems like many people oaky them though.

I have used a Scotty and it felt awesome!
Just tried the Ping Scottsdale TR Shea today and I think I found what I want. Look around and try them. Best of luck bud.

I don't have plans on getting a new putter. But if I did, this would be the one.

A SeeMore takes variables out of the equation and also comes with THE best customer service around as far as putters go and its not even close.

That said, roll them all, but do it with an open mind.

I'll stay out of all the other brou-ha-ha going on in here.

I am a SeeMore fan, too. Only thing I would caution about going that direction is the putter needs to be paired with the methodology. If you don't want to change your stroke - and assuming you aren't already rolling it the SeeMore way - you may want to go with another option.
I would say though SeeMore has numerous options that make that transition much easier, and once you buy into the SPi and utilize the RST you'll be hooked for sure. Even the RST2 is a good in-between option for some.

No one can tell you what to use. Putters may be the most personal of all clubs. You just have to try many. That's part of the fun.

If budget means anything to you,check out the Cleveland Classic putters. They are incredibly good and allow cost. I did my best to buy a Scotty, but in the end the Newport 2 and a Cleveland classic 7 were my favorites. Was hard to believe since the classic was a fraction the cost of the Scotty.

Have fun!

I say Scotty. I love the roll I get from a Scotty putter. Way better feel than any SeeMore or Ping I've rolled. Plus Camerons are the best-looking by far IMO.

Not sure if I read your post correctly or not but I think you are saying you hit about 85% of 10 footers or less? If so I would not change a darn thing. Your putter is working amazing right now

+1 to this. If you can make 85% of the 10 footers and can two putt from anywhere then DO NOT CHANGE A THING. I don't care if you are playing with a 30 year old putter from Putt Putt that looks good awful and has a grip that is falling off. Just regrip it and go.

The first thing that will happen when you switch putters is that you will be off on your speed. I don't care if you buy a gold plated putter with a diamond alignment system from the best vendor there is, your ability to lag will suffer as you adjust. Stray too far from where you were at (say move from a soft insert blade to a hard mallet) and you'll totally lose your feel.

You may also struggle with your alignment. Visually you might have something on your putter that matches with your eye.

Then there's the weighting. It's not just the head weight but how the weight inside the head is distributed. I've found that this impacts putting far more than I'd have ever thought.

I have learned that lesson the hard way. I was better than 85% of non-professionals putting with an old, ugly putter than I'd used for years. Now I'm just getting back to the point where I might again be above average (leveraging the Seemore and its built in crutches). The sad thing is that when you do try and go back, suddenly the thing that has worked for years doesn't feel right. You'll be worse with the old one than you were and will have to round back into form. You can get there, but it will take some practice. If the Seemore doesn't work, I'm giving up completely and recommitting to the old stick.

I say Ping or SeeMore. Both are great companies that make great products. Cameron's are in my opinion over prices and over hyped. Great looking but nothing special performance wise. Go with what fits your eye.

A SeeMore takes variables out of the equation and also comes with THE best customer service around as far as putters go and its not even close.

That said, roll them all, but do it with an open mind.

I'll stay out of all the other brou-ha-ha going on in here.

You mean the impending debate on SC verse other putters? Yeah I'm good with that one. With that being said I say Cameron! :p

I still like SeeMore more than the other two options here.

I've always felt Scotty's were over priced. Had one for years and loved it though. Only reason I sold mine was because I found a putter that just clicked with me. Finally got to try a SeeMore and although it won't knock my current putter out, I did like the red dot. Felt like shooting a rifle. Just line up a pull the trigger.

Get fit for sure, but having confidence looking down at your putter (whatever make or model) behind the ball will help you most in the long run. Remember, the putter is one of the most used clubs in your bag.

Try different models of different brands and buy what works best for you. The empassioned remarks of other golfers have no bearing on what will work best for you or anyone else who asks the masses what they should buy.

A SeeMore takes variables out of the equation.....

I agree with this. Between RST and the face balancing at 70 degrees (twirl balanced), I think the Seemore does actually give you technology to remove some of the variables. For those struggling with putting, it is a compelling argument if you're willing to commit to the CPI based setup.

Ironically, I found that I was already lining up based on CPI. Of the 500+ balls I've now putted at home or on a practice green with my Seemore, I've only had to adjust my body alignment on 2-3. For me, RST is just a quick visual check that is getting built into my routine. I think I probably get more out of the twirl balancing -- and just the fact that the FGP is just the right size, weight and feel.

For the original poster, who it sounds like owns a putter that is literally on fire, I wouldn't change a thing. If it's not broken.............

I wouldn't count Odyssey out of your choices. They make really solid putters.

Just ordered a SeeMore mFGP. Excited!

Can you putt for me. I would test all 3 brands of putters and pick the one that you feel the most comfortable with.

Putters are the most personal piece of equipment in your bag. I played Odyssey for years. Tinkered with a Never Compromise most of last year. Rolling a Scotty Newport 2.6 this year. I was comfortable with all of them, but you can't limit yourself. Outside of the ball, you use this piece of equipment more than anything else in the bag, so find what suits your game.
I use the putter more because it never seems to get lost!

Back