NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me just show you a few figures on Rinaldo:
NHL Games Played: 66
Points in those 66 NHL Games: 9
Penalty Minutes: 232

I think that more than reinforces my point.

And I don't argue the Crosby thing. He definitely is. But Matt Cooke has come a LONG way in the last 2 seasons. You're defending Zac Rinaldo yet calling Cookie dirty? You need to look at things a little more objectively, man.

Rinaldo is not known for his points as I said. He is out there doing his job hence, getting more playing time for it. Also his PIM has gone down in comparison to last season, making other teams Pentalies go up when they play them making his position key to get the Fly's on the PP. He is not near as dirty as Matt Cooke though ever was...Cooke was so bad Mario straight up told him he wants nothing to do years ago with his style of play and he was not welcome to wear a Pens jersey nor deserving if he didnt clean his act up, which he did. That is some harsh words coming from your own teams Co Owner along with Ron Burkle! Rinaldo has never had anything like that happen and was never told he isnt deserving of wearing a Flyers jersey. I am glad we agree crosby gets away with a lot and dirty.

I am not actually defending Rinaldo's Points or that he is some Patrick Kane on Offense...or Letang type one D! He does a lot though that brings some fire to the Flyers and what i was pointing out that the Flyers have plenty of other way bigger goons to try and do the same thing. Flyers though choose Rinaldo for a reason! He has learned discipline with drawing in a pentaly and getting others to drop the gloves and skating away as some others mentioned. He is no 20 goal or even 10 goal a year scorer. What he brings in the locker room and on the ice and the dynamic of a game or swing in a game....now that's a different story and what I am talking about. Plenty of people are talking about him as well for doing exactly what I say this year and how key he is in getting PP's for the flyers and scoring chances for them. He is fearless and tough for being 185 lbs and 5'11!

I hate Cooke and the Pens but correct me if I'm wrong, I can't remember where I read it but I heard Mario and Shero told Cooke if he didn't clean his act up he was out of there.

Your exactly right...they told him they wanted nothing to do with his play or how he represented the team and gave him one last chance, which he has changed. I have seen the fire in his eye though wanting to bring that old self back out in some situations. Now did he really change?? I think holding back is more the proper words for more of the change...but he has cleaned his act up which I agree with Darren on...and yea Darren mario andron were going to send him packing!

Who's west coast team is gonna bring these Hawks down to the ground?....For some reason this year I have been watching tons more hockey of other teams then just my team and I watch them play...and I do not get it...so many close 1 goal games...or ot 1 goal games...even trailing half the time! They are on a roll do not get me wrong but someone needs to take Chicago down. Crazy Canadien and Bruins game....shows how big Chara being on the ice makes a difference!

Not mine. Hawks are too good right now. They want every game so bad and it shows.
Who's west coast team is gonna bring these Hawks down to the ground?....For some reason this year I have been watching tons more hockey of other teams then just my team and I watch them play...and I do not get it...so many close 1 goal games...or ot 1 goal games...even trailing half the time! They are on a roll do not get me wrong but someone needs to take Chicago down. Crazy Canadien and Bruins game....shows how big Chara being on the ice makes a difference!

Yep. Rask has absolutely wet the bed. Turned my 8-2 fantasy lead into 6-4. What a turd!

You should have traded him. :alien:

Nice win for the Flames tonight and the kid got his first win. To bad about my Avalanche you welcome Canadan.

You should have traded him. :alien:

Nice win for the Flames tonight and the kid got his first win. To bad about my Avalanche you welcome Canadan.

haha,probably.. Too bad he played like a beast earlier in the week!

I think it will be a weaker team that said they have a back to back against the Avalance they will lose one of those if not it will be against Edmonton.

That was a pretty big win for Columbus.. Been battling teams and losing by one over and over and over again. Nice to see it translate into a win after taking Colorado to overtime.

Nice for you, sucks for me, haha! :banghead:

It hasn't been much fun being an Avs fan the last several years. Little flashes of brilliance and potential, but they just can't seem to put it all together. Not yet at least. Great core of young talent, so hopefully the next season or two will bring success, as long as our idiot GM doesn't duplicate any of his god awful trades.

Nice for you, sucks for me, haha! :banghead:

It hasn't been much fun being an Avs fan the last several years. Little flashes of brilliance and potential, but they just can't seem to put it all together. Not yet at least. Great core of young talent, so hopefully the next season or two will bring success, as long as our idiot GM doesn't duplicate any of his god awful trades.

I'm actually a bit surprised they matched on ROR. Considering CGY would not have even gotten him, and they have been bad yearly, that's quite a few picks for a guy who has been holding out.

I'm actually a bit surprised they matched on ROR. Considering CGY would not have even gotten him, and they have been bad yearly, that's quite a few picks for a guy who has been holding out.

As soon as I heard about the offer on Thursday, I assumed the Avs wouldn't, so I was shocked when they announced that same evening that they were matching it. In the end, I'm glad. He's got a ton of upside. He will instantly help the PK, he's a face-off machine and his offensive #s have grown every year. I kind of think this season is a throw-away for them (maybe we'll get lucky and make the post-season), but if nothing else, they've got everybody under contract (I think) and could really build some momentum for next year.

As soon as I heard about the offer on Thursday, I assumed the Avs wouldn't, so I was shocked when they announced that same evening that they were matching it. In the end, I'm glad. He's got a ton of upside. He will instantly help the PK, he's a face-off machine and his offensive #s have grown every year. I kind of think this season is a throw-away for them (maybe we'll get lucky and make the post-season), but if nothing else, they've got everybody under contract (I think) and could really build some momentum for next year.

As an Avs fan I hope both Sacco and The Sherminater are both gone soon. We are stuck in a rut and going nowhere.

How are you Avs fans liking Semyon Varlamov? He's one guy I honestly think we gave up on him too early here. Everytime I've seen him play for the Avs I've thought he looked pretty good but that's a limited sample size. From a 3rd party point of view I think he gets hung out to dry by his defensemen and if you guys got some d in there and get healthy you will have something special with the grear core of young forwards you have. In hindsight I'm very happy he accepted the trade, bc it actually saved his life due to the fact he was heavily rumored to be heading to Lokomotiv of the KHL and would've been killed in that tragic plane crash.

On another note, I just read that Cam Ward will be out the next 6-8 weeks with a MCL sprain, as if the southeast wasn't tight enough already I think things just got a little more interesting. I know statistically he's having the worst year of his career but he's still a great goalie. Carolina has some pretty good young goalie prospects so it will be interesting to see how well they fill in.

Mike Brown traded to the Oilers for a fourth rounder. Going to be missed by Leaf fans everywhere.

As an Avs fan I hope both Sacco and The Sherminater are both gone soon. We are stuck in a rut and going nowhere.
I couldn't agree more, it seems like the roster has talent which puts more of the burden for success on the top!!!

Devils are playing so poorly right now. Hedberg is an absolute sieve too. Absolutely terrible. Brodeur cant come back soon enough. I wish they would give Kinkaid a start. Couldnt possibly be worse than Hedberg. Here are is last 5 games:

3 GA (+2 in SO) vs Buffalo
2 GA vs WPG
4 GA vs WPG
5 GA vs WA
5 GA vs NYI

Normally I dont put it all on the goalie but most of the goals have been soft and would have been stopped by Marty. Not to mention 3 of the goals have been utterly brutal in the last 10 minutes of a tied game in the 3rd period.

We traded a 5th round pick to the LA Kings for Loktionov and he has been arguably our best player with 4 pts in 5 games.

By the way, eff the Leafs!! Lets Go Devils!!

3347057D-0BE9-4C30-98A0-C61D23E6FE33-4961-00000571A400E955_zpse8261f6a.jpg

Malkin in the lineup tonight. My fantasy team just gave out a sigh of relief.

Stephen A. Smith from ESPN is an absolute idiot....He has no idea how standings work. He is saying that the Blackhawks streak doesn't matter because you get points for a "tie", so since they haven't won them all, their streak is moot.....I'd love to see him go up against the smallest guy in the league and get his arse kicked...and then have to fight someone like Carcillo or Chara.

Dan

Stephen A. Smith from ESPN is an absolute idiot....He has no idea how standings work. He is saying that the Blackhawks streak doesn't matter because you get points for a "tie", so since they haven't won them all, their streak is moot.....I'd love to see him go up against the smallest guy in the league and get his arse kicked...and then have to fight someone like Carcillo or Chara.

Dan
Agreed, he should stick to basketball.

And ESPN shouldn't try and compare the NBA to the NHL!!!

How are you Avs fans liking Semyon Varlamov? He's one guy I honestly think we gave up on him too early here. Everytime I've seen him play for the Avs I've thought he looked pretty good but that's a limited sample size. From a 3rd party point of view I think he gets hung out to dry by his defensemen and if you guys got some d in there and get healthy you will have something special with the grear core of young forwards you have. In hindsight I'm very happy he accepted the trade, bc it actually saved his life due to the fact he was heavily rumored to be heading to Lokomotiv of the KHL and would've been killed in that tragic plane crash.

On another note, I just read that Cam Ward will be out the next 6-8 weeks with a MCL sprain, as if the southeast wasn't tight enough already I think things just got a little more interesting. I know statistically he's having the worst year of his career but he's still a great goalie. Carolina has some pretty good young goalie prospects so it will be interesting to see how well they fill in.

I think it was a stupid trade. We gave up way to much for him when there was cheaper and better goalies available. I hope he grows into what we gave up for him because I think he does have potential.

New draft rules... http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=658503&navid=nhl:topheads

NEW YORK -- The 2013 NHL Draft Lottery, to be held this year on Monday, April 29, will be the first in NHL history where all 14 clubs not qualifying for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, or the clubs that have acquired the first-round drafting positions of those non-playoff clubs, will have a chance at winning the right to the first overall selection. Under the previous lottery system, only the five teams with the fewest points in the standings had the opportunity to win the first overall selection as rules dictated no team could move up more than four spots.
The NHL Draft Lottery is a weighted system to determine the order of selection for the first 14 picks of the 2013 NHL Draft. Teams finishing with the fewest points during the regular season possess the greatest chance of winning the right to the first pick in the NHL Draft. Fourteen balls, numbered 1 to 14, are placed in a lottery machine. The machine expels four balls, forming a series of numbers. The four-digit series resulting from the expulsion of the balls is matched against a probability chart that divides the possible combinations among the 14 participating clubs.
While the top pick can now go to any of the 14 non-playoff clubs, or the team owning the rights to the first pick of a non-playoff club, the odds of winning the lottery are unchanged from previous years. The teams in the drawing are ranked in inverse order of their regular season point totals, with team one being the club with the fewest points, and team 14 being the club with the most points among those outside of the playoffs.
The likelihood of each team gaining the right to the first pick is as follows:
Team 1 25.0%
Team 2 18.8%
Team 3 14.2%
Team 4 10.7%
Team 5 8.1%
Team 6 6.2%
Team 7 4.7%
Team 8 3.6%
Team 9 2.7%
Team 10 2.1%
Team 11 1.5%
Team 12 1.1%
Team 13 0.8%
Team 14 0.5%
No club will move down more than one position as a result of the Draft Lottery. The remaining first round drafting positions are determined by the results of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Just in time to screw the Jackets. Yikes! We would have gotten the #1 pick 2 years ago because we won the lottery but could only move up 4 spots so we picked 4th and took Larsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back