The Anchoring Ban

Wasn't it Casey Martin that used the disability and right to work laws to compete on the PGA. What if the court says that Players with bad backs (Physical disabilities) and the yips (Mental disabilities) must be allowed to compete on the PGA tour? At work I have seen people who hired special disability lawyers, went to court and are now working in jobs that astonish me. And these cases are all hidden behind confidentiality agreements and health privacy laws so no one knows what is happening.

Are there any disability lawyers on THP who can answer this question?

His putter is allowed, it's just the anchoring which is being contested. If the proposal goes into effect, it will not ban any equipment.

Exactly. The manufacturers will still be able to make and sell anything they want.

Wasn't it Casey Martin that used the disability and right to work laws to compete on the PGA. What if the court says that Players with bad backs (Physical disabilities) and the yips (Mental disabilities) must be allowed to compete on the PGA tour? At work I have seen people who hired special disability lawyers, went to court and are now working in jobs that astonish me. And these cases are all hidden behind confidentiality agreements and health privacy laws so no one knows what is happening.

Are there any disability lawyers on THP who can answer this question?

You don't need to be a lawyer to read the decision on Casey Martin and know that it was unrelated to the anchored putting issue. The Martin case involved walking the course, which was deemed to not be integral to playing golf. This is about how the game itself is supposed to be played, and it doesn't ban any equipment. If a player wants to stand upright and use a longer putter, that's still a choice. He just can't anchor the butt end against his torso.

That's what they say so they don't ban the equipment, and everyone knows it. Because "it's not the equipment, it's how it's used".

Ding, ding, ding, I heard Haney saw last night, it's the operator!

Three outa Four majors ... Nope, their is no advantage with an anchored putter.. :banghead:

:drinks:

Ha Ha, didn't take long for this thread to pop up.

Haha that is epic Erik. Gave me a good laugh as well

Your are right, I had to correct it.. Just playin around!!

Adam Scott putted like poo when I was watching.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Adam Scott putted like poo when I was watching.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Gotta give him credit for the putts late in the round. He was pulling a lot left most of the day I thought.

Gotta give him credit for the putts late in the round. He was pulling a lot left most of the day I thought.

I wasn't able to watch the last bit.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I think the anchoring is fine... I think it is the white ball.

It has been the color ball of choice of the last 4 majors... I say ban the white ball and go with yellow and orange!! :alien:

I don't think this argument is valid anymore, he missed so many putts it's not even funny. Kuch went backwards, as did some of the other long putters. I'll never putt with one and I still loathe them to my inner core, but it's no longer a good fight.

I don't think this argument is valid anymore, he missed so many putts it's not even funny. Kuch went backwards, as did some of the other long putters. I'll never putt with one and I still loathe them to my inner core, but it's no longer a good fight.

Kuch doesn't anchor his putter and would not be affected by the proposed ban.

I think the anchoring is fine... I think it is the white ball.

It has been the color ball of choice of the last 4 majors... I say ban the white ball and go with yellow and orange!! :alien:
are you kidding me? it's the long pants.. as far as I remember players who won PGA tournaments wore long pants doing so. ban the long pants and mandatory bermuda shorts

At this point, I'm just sick of hearing the talk about it. I wish the USGA, R&A, PGA Tour and PGA would all get in room and come to a single decision. Whatever it may be, we can live with it.

Adam Scott did not win because of his putter - he was driving the ball very well the majority of the tournament - as for putting, he did not do so hot until the final holes.

However, I still feel these "anchored" putters should be banned.

Back