The Anchoring Ban

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So it looks like Kucher's style and Adam Scott's long putter is still ok?

Oh boy, this is going to stir up a lot of crap.

Hmm the way this reads, I see a few pro's who putt with standard putters yet tuck their elbows into their sides. Could that not be considered anchoring?
Or is it just limited to the forearm and hand? Kinda of an odd explaination of the rule.
So if the forearm brushes against the body then it will become an anchoring point.

Blah. Congrats on fixing a problem that didn't exist, you out of touch buffoons.

This is pretty cool way to describe and get information out to golfers all over the world.

Seems to be all about the anchor and not the length of the putter.

Sent from my AOKP Gnex

So it looks like Kucher's style and Adam Scott's long putter is still ok?

Adam Scott anchors his hand against the chest right? If so, then he'll have to change his stroke.

The "Anchor Point" note is confusing me.

Kuchar is jacked this morning!

Kuchar's forearm stroke still permitted.

A lot of unnecessary crap. This became way too serious and is complete overkill. Seriously don't they have more pressing matters? I guess this post takes me out the running for any job with the R & A.

TapAhoy!

I hope Keegan wins 5 majors between now and 2016 using the belly putter tucked into the belly. Dumb.

Adam Scott anchors his hand against the chest right? If so, then he'll have to change his stroke.

Gotcha, didn't realize he had it anchored to his chest.

Couples is going to have to make a change as well.

I think they fixed a non-existent problem, but oh well. Nothing I can say will change it. I do hope that all the guys who have been anchoring still continue to be successful without them to show all the "nay-sayers"

I hope Keegan wins 5 majors between now and 2016 using the belly putter tucked into the belly. Dumb.

And the problem with that is if this does happen, the USGA and the R&A will think that the ban was necessary...even when the statistics say differently.

So, you can anchor your elbows to your body with a regular putter. But you cant anchor your forearm to your body using a long putter. Ok, that makes sense.

It's interesting that they went the route of a rules vs an equipment change. It's a back door way to make the equipment obsolete in ways, but may shield them from blow back.

It's interesting that they went the route of a rules vs an equipment change. It's a back door way to make the equipment obsolete in ways, but may shield them from blow back.

Don't you just love the politics? IMO that is exactly what they are doing, covering their butts so they don't have to get the backlash of actually banning the equipment.

Back