NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crosby has as many points as Giroux and Ovechkin combined.

Remember a few years back when there were debates about who was better, Ovi or Sid? Not even a question anymore.

Remember a few years back when there were debates about who was better, Ovi or Sid? Not even a question anymore.

I think Ovi was more at the top of his potential when they entered the league but Sid is always looking at the fine details to improve his game and has. Ovi is like Lecaviler top of the league then just seems to lose the magic touch. From what I see of him he doesn't hustle on the back check and doesn't have the fight and hunger for the puck. I don't see him every night so I'm sure some people will have another view but this is mine from what I see.

In other news the Avalanche won in dramtic fasion I love it.

I want a "Thumbs Down" button! haha jk

I wouldn't be much a hockey fan to try and argue that Ovie is better than Crosby because he is not at this point. Once Crosby got truly healthy he showed to everyone that he can do everything, he is really a complete player. He can play on the PP or the PK and he does all the little things so well. It does pain me to type this because I am huge Caps fan and the Pens have tortured us for so long its not even funny.

As far as Ovie goes his time in the KHL gave him an inflated ego, the bigger rink and much less body contact messed his head up. When he came back to the NHL he was trying the same stuff and it wont work here, also every other team has figured him out. Now he has to work harder to get the same results and he doesn't like that. It is really frustrating to watch.

You left too early last night Jeremiah. All I can say is WOW.

Fantasy alert! Gotta decide which goalie to roll tonight. Fasth vs. Minnesota or Bobrovski vs. Vancouver. Going with Lundqvist against Buffalo for sure. Ugh, I always choose the wrong one in these situations. thoughts?

Fantasy alert! Gotta decide which goalie to roll tonight. Fasth vs. Minnesota or Bobrovski vs. Vancouver. Going with Lundqvist against Buffalo for sure. Ugh, I always choose the wrong one in these situations. thoughts?

Fasth for sure, and that's coming from a CBJ fan haha

Fasth for sure, and that's coming from a CBJ fan haha

A week or so ago, that would have been a no-brainer, but Bob has been playing lights out and the nucks have dropped like 4 in a row I think.

A week or so ago, that would have been a no-brainer, but Bob has been playing lights out and the nucks have dropped like 4 in a row I think.

With only 3 loses on the season for the Ducks, think you go with long-term over short-term success.

yeah, that's the decision I made and I swear I'm not going to tinker anymore today! Maybe. :)

I swear, I've been about as patient as I can be with Marcus Johansson, Ovi has fed him two beautiful passes but apparently he can't hit a donkey's ass with a banjo.

I swear, I've been about as patient as I can be with Marcus Johansson, Ovi has fed him two beautiful passes but apparently he can't hit a donkey's ass with a banjo.

Lol my patience is also about up but with the whole Sabres team. It's so frustrating to watch them this season. I moved to VT so maybe I should hop on the Boston bandwagon? Lol I couldn't bring myself to do that.

It is hard to watch the Canucks out there right now. They have fallen so far in a few short years. They used to just absolutely outwork and out-skill everybody effortlessly (except the Bruins - obviously) and now they are so flat, boring, and many other words. I know my standards are just too high still but come-on.

Just got home and the Caps suck. Down 3 at the start of the 3rd ugh

Probably wasn't expecting a pass from Ovi.

Just got home and the Caps suck. Down 3 at the start of the 3rd ugh

Yeah, the game is a total turd but Olesky just whooped some ass. I'm really loving this kid, he's impressed the hell out of me since he's been up. How Schultz has gotten a jersey over him for all this time just dumbfounds me. Tough as nails, makes some big hits, but does it smartly, nothing dirty and nothing stupid to lead to a goal. I think he has a strong future with this team, Schultz has gotta go.

Yeah, the game is a total turd but Olesky just whooped some ass. I'm really loving this kid, he's impressed the hell out of me since he's been up. How Schultz has gotten a jersey over him for all this time just dumbfounds me. Tough as nails, makes some big hits, but does it smartly, nothing dirty and nothing stupid to lead to a goal. I think he has a strong future with this team, Schultz has gotta go.

I totally agree about Schultz he is slow and doesn't use his big body at all. He reminds me of Kevin Hatcher just not as big. He never hits and it kills me.

Olesky is 27 he's no kid, he has had to fight his way to the NHL and he is making the most of it. Love to see it. I think it also speaks to what both the Caps and Bears are doing together playing similar systems so that when players come to the big club they can fit right in.

No luck for Pittsburgh against the Bruins tonight. None.

I totally agree about Schultz he is slow and doesn't use his big body at all. He reminds me of Kevin Hatcher just not as big. He never hits and it kills me.

Olesky is 27 he's no kid, he has had to fight his way to the NHL and he is making the most of it. Love to see it. I think it also speaks to what both the Caps and Bears are doing together playing similar systems so that when players come to the big club they can fit right in.

I didn't even realize that until Joe B. and Locker were just talking about it, he looks really young, guess that's what I get for not doing my research. I think we're in the process of of seeing a team being rebuilt and going a bit of a different route, instead of a high flying high scoring up and down team it seems to me we're trying to transfer into a grittier team. It'll be nice to see what Tom Wilson has when he gets up here. I also like us signing Big John to an extension. I think our offense will improve dramatically in the next few years when Philip Forsberg makes the big club, I also think we'll see Kuznetsov over here not next year but the year after the Sochi Olympics. I think he wants to come over but they pretty much told him if he left the KHL he would be left off the Olympic team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back