Herbie's One Putt Wedge Contest

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
Herbie has taught me how to beat the hosel rockets. Now it's time for someone else to get relief :blob:! Tell me how bad your shanks are and Herbie will head your way :D. He's been used, however he can still take the shanks to the woodshed :deadhorse:. Let me know who needs the most help and I will ship the big guy your way :thumb:. To win this wedge, you got to come up with a real sob story :D. Who is gonna win this super hero!!!!!!!! :bananadance:....

I like this OG.

Well, I once hit a chip shot with the back of my wedge. I turned my hands so far over the face of the wedge missed entirely. It rolled on the green, but for form's sake it was the worst chip I have ever seen in my life.

I like this OG.

Partner anybody suffering from this terrible disease needs some relief. I have no doubt Herbie can take the shanks to the woodshed! All you shankers out there, bring ya pain stories on and let's see who will win this super hero

Well, I once hit a chip shot with the back of my wedge. I turned my hands so far over the face of the wedge missed entirely. It rolled on the green, but for form's sake it was the worst chip I have ever seen in my life.

:bulgy-eyes:

I don't want to talk about it. It's that bad :curse:

You da man OG, nice idea buddy. :clapp:

Awesome gesture OG!!!

Nice gesture OG. Here's mine: I once hit a flop shot 4 times on the way up. Went maybe 5 yards.

Some good ones so keep um coming guys :D. There's got to be at least fifty guys in here, who have shanked the ball so bad, they'd smack their momma for a chance to get rid of em :deadhorse:

I never wished for the rights until now.

This is awesome OG, sharing the herbie love!

How about a few off the divider at the driving while attempting 50 yd pitches. They may not count like on the course, but everyone on the range knows when you clang one of those!

Really nice gesture Gray!

How about a few off the divider at the driving while attempting 50 yd pitches. They may not count like on the course, but everyone on the range knows when you clang one of those!

Really nice gesture Gray!

Not a Tin Cup moment huh? :D

Is a shank when you hit one straight? I did that once or twice last year.

Very very generous of you ole gray

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Way to go Og! Too bad I'm a lefty, but maybe chipping right handed would help hehe

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Awesome deal OG! I have the shanks about 1 out of 3 swings. I have learned to park the cart behind me bc of it.. I had the cart parked parallel to me and the green just far enough to when i was hitting a 60 yrd pitch shot i shanked it and hit the cart tire and went another 30 yrds backwards.... horrible but hilarious moment on the course.. i will leave the stories of hitting playing partners ankles out of it lol.

After smacking a big drive right down the middle of the fairway I was about 90 yards out and ready to get a birdie. I ended up shaking my second shot about 12 yards to the right and settled for a bogey. (not really a chip but a pitiful approach shot none the less.)

You're a good guy Gray.

Awesome deal OG! I have the shanks about 1 out of 3 swings. I have learned to park the cart behind me bc of it.. I had the cart parked parallel to me and the green just far enough to when i was hitting a 60 yrd pitch shot i shanked it and hit the cart tire and went another 30 yrds backwards.... horrible but hilarious moment on the course.. i will leave the stories of hitting playing partners ankles out of it lol.

This right here is some funny stuff ^^^^^^^^^^ :laughing::rofl:

You're a good guy Gray.

I've learned from the best little brother :thumb:

OG this is a great thing you are doing. I have the "s" word quite a bit on very short chip shots. One of my worst ones was when I was in a scramble with the CFO, ACEO, and HR director in a scramble tournament, they had all hit there shots just on or off the green. I thought I could get us close, but no cigar I tried to hit my sand wedge and next thing I know the ball is going pretty much straight right. The good news is it didn't hit anybody, but the bad news is the only time the sw comes out of the bag when I'm actually in the sand.

OG this is a great thing you are doing. I have the "s" word quite a bit on very short chip shots. One of my worst ones was when I was in a scramble with the CFO, ACEO, and HR director in a scramble tournament, they had all hit there shots just on or off the green. I thought I could get us close, but no cigar I tried to hit my sand wedge and next thing I know the ball is going pretty much straight right. The good news is it didn't hit anybody, but the bad news is the only time the sw comes out of the bag when I'm actually in the sand.

There is NOTHING worst than getting stuck with the fear of this shot. It's not the actual shot but the fear it puts in your mind. I can see where people go to chutting classes and such. If you don't know what chutting is PM Canadan or MikeDean. This is going to be hard to pick a winner as obviously there are so many worthy recipients

Really nice gesture OG!!

I actually double hit a chip a few months ago.....popped the ball almost straight up and then hit it with my follow through and it went backwards behind me about 10 yards.

Back