The Journey To Texas - The THP Tour Van

You guys are getting close GG!!

We have about 50 miles left, not bad considering we started at almost 1700.

JB and I were just saying this drive, so far, has been much easier than the drive to Austin. It's longer distance wise, but the roads traveled are much easier, especially in a larger vehicle. I am having horrible flash backs of being behind the wheel of the old RV, stuck in Houston traffic and fearing that I was going to kill us. That trip to Texas was the first time I drove the RV, so I was scared out of my mind.

Look at those flags standing up! You guys must have brought some Florida wind with you.....we never have that happen here. Strange....

The Journey To Texas - The THP Tour Van

We have about 50 miles left, not bad considering we started at almost 1700.

Two signs about living in texas, Dukes travel shop and Ellie's rv ? Hahah what's next

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Not at all! What is your plan for this afternoon/evening and tomorrow?

First thing we have to do is get lunch, I am starving! But after that we have some work to do, and today/tomorrow we are meeting up with some companies. As much as we would like to play, this is still a work trip for us. I would love to take some free time to find a dog park or something for the dogs maybe too, they could really use some play time.

First thing we have to do is get lunch, I am starving! But after that we have some work to do, and today/tomorrow we are meeting up with some companies. As much as we would like to play, this is still a work trip for us. I would love to take some free time to find a dog park or something for the dogs maybe too, they could really use some play time.

This would not be too far (within probably 7 miles of the hotel): http://www.gptx.org/index.aspx?page=77

Awesome! Enjoy it. I forgot where you were staying, but Fort Woof Dog Park out in Fort Worth I have taken my dog to before during my brothers baseball tournament. They are open almost all night until like 10-11 if I remember correctly.

Awesome! Enjoy it. I forgot where you were staying, but Fort Woof Dog Park out in Fort Worth I have taken my dog to before during my brothers baseball tournament. They are open almost all night until like 10-11 if I remember correctly.

Hahah next time I'm up in Fort Worth in checking that out hahaha

I love Fort Woof! Went there last time i was in the area, My sister's dog is a machine with the obstacles haha

Just saw this green bolt of lightning drive through Ruston.

thpvan.JPG

Edited for better picture. Tapatalk can only do so much I guess

Think you are the first winner, you should get an even better prize!!

I have a couple of more dog options for you. My sister in law owns a Camp Bow Wow just a couple of miles from Tangleridge. You could contact her and see what is available close by, and even board your dogs during the day with them. The other option is Joe Poole lake is right there as well and has a state park. Plenty of of room to run around and place to hang out while they do.

I have a couple of more dog options for you. My sister in law owns a Camp Bow Wow just a couple of miles from Tangleridge. You could contact her and see what is available close by, and even board your dogs during the day with them. The other option is Joe Poole lake is right there as well and has a state park. Plenty of of room to run around and place to hang out while they do.

Thanks for the option, unfortunately we do not board the dogs. They are staples and go everywhere we do (when out of town). :D

A funny picture.

ryzehesu.jpg

Some people asked me why we need propane. Well for us it does a lot of things in the Sprinter. It runs our generator, so that does a lot. Plus it also keeps our fridge cold and does our hot water heater.

To fill it there is a little compartment at the bottom and a tech drops a line to attach.

4u9edude.jpg

ty5yzy4u.jpg

5u8y4yny.jpg

That'll be fun.

How much does something like that sprinter cost? I would like to get something similar to travel across the us when I retire. THX

How much does something like that sprinter cost? I would like to get something similar to travel across the us when I retire. THX

Are you talking about brand new? They hold their value really well, and depending on the brand they hold it even better. Brand new they are anywhere from $100K to $140K for the Airstream Interstate. Keep in mind that you finance the motorhome spinters (called a Class B) like a mortgage so you can do up to 20 years and interest rates are very low right now. Then the used ones will reflect the year obviously, but they say the depreciation value is something like 20% the first year, than 10% each year after that. JB can correct me if I am wrong on those percentages, but going off memory that's what I believe they are.

Another option is to buy the shell, which goes for about $40K and then customize it however you want. We would love to do that in the future, but it can get pricey fast!

GG's percentages are close. 12-20% in the 1st year then about 2% to 7% each year after that for pre-owned. Depending on brand and features of course.

Some people asked me why we need propane. Well for us it does a lot of things in the Sprinter. It runs our generator, so that does a lot. Plus it also keeps our fridge cold and does our hot water heater.

To fill it there is a little compartment at the bottom and a tech drops a line to attach.

4u9edude.jpg

ty5yzy4u.jpg

5u8y4yny.jpg

Sounds easy enough, that new tour van looks like it paid off, great investment for the invitationals

I drove a truck powered on Propane for a summer haha. Besides the fact it looked like I had a middle attached to my truck bed, it was nice for hooking up a grill in the summer time.

Back