The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that was a zing, right?

No, I paid $35 to send a stand bag to a guy in ny

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
I wasnt talking about that lol, i said something about Charlie in the best shot of the day thread..

I watched Mr. Rogers when I was a kid in the '60s.

I grew up watching that man. I never took the time to stop and appreciate what he did for kids everywhere until I read that article. It never occurred to me how powerful his message was when I was a kid.

Literally THE best article cracked has ever written, and one of the best articles of all time that I've read.

I spent most of the afternoon with my dad working on some shotty wiring my home.

I wish I was in Texas with THPers.

I watched Mr. Rogers when I was a kid in the '60s.

Oh man, I had forgotten about that show...good info for kids unlike many of today's media.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Just bought my little sister an iPhone 5.

Kids at school were picking on her BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T HAVE A PHONE!!!

Of course her dad (my stepdad) is a bit old school and doesn't believe that teens need phones. So he wouldn't get her anything.

I just felt bad for her coming home from school crying because some A-hole, snot nosed little brats were calling her poor and other names because of a $&@?!%# PHONE!!!

What the hell is wrong with kids these days?!?!

Of course her dad (my stepdad) is a bit old school and doesn't believe that teens need phones. So he wouldn't get her anything.

I just felt bad for her coming home from school crying because some A-hole, snot nosed little brats were calling her poor and other names because of a $&@?!%# PHONE!!!

Their parents.

Bad parenting. Apparently it's too difficult to say the word no to unnecessary demands.

Bad parenting. Apparently it's too difficult to say the word no to unnecessary demands.

Call me old school too, but my kids won't need a cell phone for a long long time, kids I see in elementary and middle school make me laugh

And people trying to justify it by saying its for emergencies or makes it easier for picking them up etc makes me laugh too, people functioned without them not too long ago and can do so now too.

My stepdad/her dad does a good job.

I just couldn't stand listening to any more of her getting picked on because of something so stupid.

It wasn't about the phone. It was about her as a person.

I already told her that if she goes to school and those same kids try to make up with her now and she starts hanging out with them that I'll take it back in a heartbeat.

Call me old school too, but my kids won't need a cell phone for a long long time, kids I see in elementary and middle school make me laugh

And people trying to justify it by saying its for emergencies or makes it easier for picking them up etc makes me laugh too, people functioned without them not too long ago and can do so now too.

Exactly. Borrow one of your friends phones if you need to call me. Especially an iPhone. How many important things require immediate responses, all your Facebook notifications? Get a job and then you can have whatever phone you want, then we can discuss the 30 now added to my bill for paying for it.

You did a good thing Colt. Maybe she can learn to knock those phones out of her friends' hands and see who's the loser now when their parents aren't dropping 6 bills for a new one.

/Old man rant

Exactly. Borrow one of your friends phones if you need to call me. Especially an iPhone. How many important things require immediate responses, all your Facebook notifications? Get a job and then you can have whatever phone you want, then we can discuss the 30 now added to my bill for paying for it.

You did a good thing Colt. Maybe she can learn to knock those phones out of her friends' hands and see who's the loser now when their parents aren't dropping 6 bills for a new one.

/Old man rant

Lol at old man rant, but ur right on

/Old man rant

Maybe. Because they could knock hers out of her hand. I gave her my Otterbox for my iPhone that I had. Hers should be safe.

Maybe. Because they could knock hers out of her hand. I gave her my Otterbox for my iPhone that I had. Hers should be safe.

Haha maybe, but she'd be on the defense about it and probably keep from accidentally dropping it as well.

Definitely a good opportunity for her to learn a little responsibility too. Sucks that kids can be such a-holes.

My little bro got similar things, though not as rough. So he got my old iPhone. I think it's absurd that 13 year olds have cell phones, let alone iPhones. I got my first cell phone when I was 14 and my first iPhone when I was 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back