Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the nike distance challenge?

Covert vs your gamer. I think you get a free Nike ball for every yard you gain up to like 12 or something along those lines.

driver or fw or..?

It basically teaches you how customization of the driver can help your game. So you hit three at a certain setting, it analyzes it for you, then you set your optimum set-up. tnolan and Canadan did not like the Covert. I actually really liked it. It was pretty cool.

5 grams will make a small difference, but probably not much. Soft stepping will raise the flight some, but I don't think much..you probably would be better off hard stepping. BUt then its a matter of where do you start the hard step. Because a high flight with long irons isn't always a bad thing.. Your like an unsolveable rubix cube...lol

We will get there haha!

So I got to hang out with Canadan and tnolan today at Golf Galaxy in Akron, OH. Equipment pondering was in overdrive! Had a blast hanging out and BSing about THP. Also went to Chipotle and may or may not have been there for two hours. Snapped a few pictures during the testing session. I was able to hit the Covert, Razr Fit Extreme, Rocketbladez Irons, Cleveland TT's, Cobra Amp Cell Pros. I'll post my thoughts in the appropriate threads, but it's safe to say I liked them all!

3a9abyqy.jpg

Canadan doing the Nike Distance challenge. I'll let him talk about his experience! :alien: (We each got a free sleeve of balls, which was cool.)

hynydedy.jpg

This is probably me badmouthing my spin rate and horrible smash factor on that thing.

Quite a bit dude! Tyno is gonna be deadly with those pros. Whew!

Those irons were disgustingly nice. Feedback was unbelievable.

Awesome DC, taking the Covert challenge Monday.

This isn't really equipment, but I am pondering one of these for the backyard.. Unreal!!!!

I have a small garden that didn't work out... i was thinking of turning it into a putting green.

Awesome DC, taking the Covert challenge Monday.

Cool man, tell us how it goes!

I also saw a 70 year old guy hit an x hot 3 wood 300 yards today. That simulator was either off, or I need to go get one right now...

This isn't really equipment, but I am pondering one of these for the backyard.. Unreal!!!!

20130316_180650.jpg

I would love one of those! That would be where I spend most of my time. Haha

Cool man, tell us how it goes!

I also saw a 70 year old guy hit an x hot 3 wood 300 yards today. That simulator was either off, or I need to go get one right now...

I hit that same x hot I think 15 yards with nearly perfection connection.. Still trying to sort out how that thing had the ball hit dead center in height and register a 0 launch angle Hahaha

Got some driver / FW pondering going on here.... Yea... Talk about shaft pondering.... Was in the golf candy store today...

ytamuryg.jpg

tynuvuba.jpg

bhill, jesus man! That looks like heaven.

I hit that same x hot I think 15 yards with nearly perfection connection.. Still trying to sort out how that thing had the ball hit dead center in height and register a 0 launch angle Hahaha

I had a swing speed of 14 mph yet hit that rocketbladez 7i 160. Riddle me that! Hahaha

Wasn't even all of them there... Amazing selection of shafts to try out on the track man.

Sounds incredible. Where is this dream land? Is it local to you?

Sounds incredible. Where is this dream land? Is it local to you?

I wish... only thing local to me is Dicks... not exactly what I was looking for. Was a shop up in Chicago.

Top end of the bag. Thought for sure I was Classic XL driver bound but now am wondering about the AMP Cell driver or maybe bypassing driver and going Stage 2 strong 3W.

I wish... only thing local to me is Dicks... not exactly what I was looking for. Was a shop up in Chicago.

Man, Chicago has it all. Still wish I had moved there post grad. When I head out there next to see friends, I may PM you for the shop name.

Got some driver / FW pondering going on here.... Yea... Talk about shaft pondering.... Was in the golf candy store today...

ytamuryg.jpg

tynuvuba.jpg

That looks like heaven! I don't know if I were to ever leave. If only Chicago were a little closer....

Top end of the bag. Thought for sure I was Classic XL driver bound but now am wondering about the AMP Cell driver or maybe bypassing driver and going Stage 2 strong 3W.

Careful if you go strong 3W. 3W heads don't launch the ball as high as a driver so even though there is a little more loft you might get less launch angle (IIRC your SS isn't super high). I used a 13* 3 wood for most of last year. It ruled off the tee, but next to impossible for me to hit off the ground.

THPing on Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back