Android Phone Thread

Damn Shark that battery life puts mine to shame. That is very impressive. What device are you using?

Motorola RAZR Maxx

Nice I have heard good things about that phone, people seem to really like it. I had the OG Motorola and loved that phone, it is amazing how much progress has been made since that device.

I want to trade my Verizon SG3 32g super clean for your Note 2

Last edited:
I used GolfLogix yesterday - the free version. It was ok. Center of the green is fine, but I'd rather have front/back too. The scoring was decent, but when I tried to go to the full scorecard it crashed the app every time. Started with a mostly full battery and left with about 50% or so.

The Samsung Galaxy S4 seems impressive from some of the stuff I've read but I think I'm going to stick with my GS3.

BUT WHEN!!!
meaning Galaxy 4

Sent from my DROID X2

BUT WHEN!!!
meaning Galaxy 4

Sent from my DROID X2
Mid to late April. I think Samsung will have a better release in the U.S. than they did with the S3 last year.

Ok so I went to Best Buy to look for a case and screen protector for my Galaxy Nexus which is so busted and cracked don't know why I decided to put one one now haha. Anyways I played around with the Note 2 and I loved it! I am in serious ponder mode now and I maybe rethinking my decision to wait for the S4.

Not sure what I am going to do at this point. I also think that since I like to root my phones and install ROMs it might be a good idea to stay away from the S4.

Crest..ya killin me. Now what the heck I'm I to do now. :D

Sent from my DROID X2

Crest..ya killin me. Now what the heck I'm I to do now. :D

Sent from my DROID X2

Haha I know dude I was not expecting to like the Note as much as I did. It also has quite a bit of developer love which I really like.

Well just know that I also have no idea what I am going to do either, we are in the same boat dude. hahaha

Ok so I went to Best Buy to look for a case and screen protector for my Galaxy Nexus which is so busted and cracked don't know why I decided to put one one now haha. Anyways I played around with the Note 2 and I loved it! I am in serious ponder mode now and I maybe rethinking my decision to wait for the S4.

Not sure what I am going to do at this point. I also think that since I like to root my phones and install ROMs it might be a good idea to stay away from the S4.
I loved the Note, but at the end of the day, preferred the S3.

I loved the Note, but at the end of the day, preferred the S3.

Ok War can you give me some pros and cons for each? Really I want to know why you ended up going back to the S3?

Ok War can you give me some pros and cons for each? Really I want to know why you ended up going back to the S3?
I love the speed of the quad core processor in the Note 2, it is blazing fast. I liked the S Pen as well, but as time went on I just did not use it as much. I just greatly preferred the size of the S3 over the Note 2, and while I adjusted to the size of the Note 2 quite easily, some times it just became a pain to use (especially if you were only trying to use one hand). Typing, and simple tasks in apps that require one hand on the S3, would often take two on the Note 2. I dont have small hands by any means, but some of the reaches across the screen were a bit of a pain to do multiple times in a row.

For me, the upgraded software and specs on the S4, slightly larger screen, and overall similar size will be well worth the month(ish) wait.

I love the speed of the quad core processor in the Note 2, it is blazing fast. I liked the S Pen as well, but as time went on I just did not use it as much. I just greatly preferred the size of the S3 over the Note 2, and while I adjusted to the size of the Note 2 quite easily, some times it just became a pain to use (especially if you were only trying to use one hand). Typing, and simple tasks in apps that require one hand on the S3, would often take two on the Note 2. I dont have small hands by any means, but some of the reaches across the screen were a bit of a pain to do multiple times in a row.

For me, the upgraded software and specs on the S4, slightly larger screen, and overall similar size will be well worth the month(ish) wait.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I really liked the screen it was so crisp and really popped. I think you are right about some of the feature of the Note I would probably use them in the beginning and then I am sure my usage would go down.

I hate waiting but I figured I have waited this long so another couple more weeks wont make a difference. Still in ponder mode though I would like to get my hands on an S3 to keep my unlimited data.

Spot on, spot on. I'm used to the huge size. All other phones just now seem small to me. It's impossible to text or use one hand. The Note 2 does have a one hand typing feature, where it just minimizes the size of the keyboard and orients it to the L or R based on your dominant typing hand. While that's fine and dandy, that feature does not work with third party apps like Swiftkey and will only work with the native keyboard. Its size is cumbersome in other ways, like sitting down with it in your front pocket. Trying to take out the phone out of your pocket from a seated position is a chore.

I use the Stylus pen and app for quick notes to myself. That's pretty much it and that's maybe once a week, if that.

While the size has its drawbacks it also comes with merits. It's just marginally smaller then small tablets and really makes browsing the web easy. My nook hasn't been used since I got this phone and I do all my couch web browsing on my phone now. My laptop just sits on my desk these days.

Would be a tough decision between this and the S4.

Can the pen on the Notes 2 be used to edit pics? Ex. Cropping or just using the pen to tap around like those cheap pens with the big rubber ends.

***Tappin in cuz I #SeeMore***

My gorilla gadgets 4200 mah battery finally ran out of juice this morning. Last on the charger was Sunday, That thing is a beast.

My gorilla gadgets 4200 mah battery finally ran out of juice this morning. Last on the charger was Sunday, That thing is a beast.

holy cow, thats imperssive

Yeah, and I am still conditioning it, so in theory the life of a charge will get better

wow, slightly better life than what im seeing out of my current one, hard to believe

Hahaha, you do get a solid 5ish hours of of yours

Slight fify, allthough today despite hardly a signal at work (even though everyone else has 3G/4G), im holding the charge rather nicely

Back