Official 2012 - 2013 NCAA Basketball Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to thrilled with Carolina getting an 8 seed, thought we'd be a 7. Then I see NC State gets an 8 seed also even though we split with them but finished higher in the ACC and went further in the ACC tournament.

Love the draw that my Bears got. Cal blew the game against UNLV earlier in the year and played w/ out a full roster, so we've got the revenge factor with a full squad. Plus San Jose State is virtually a home game.

UNLV can run the floor. But I agree. I like Cal in that game.

Illinois vs. Miami in 3rd Round? That'll be a fun game to watch.

I kind of understand play-in games for the 16th seeds.

But the 11th? WTF

It's too avoid strife with teams that should've made it. They did it after Illinois didn't make the tournament and everyone went up in arms.

FYI: I will be posting two bracket threads after the selections are done.

One will be the regular bracket and the other will be one that rewards picking upsets. These will be unofficial contests this year.

Love Ohio states path

Pitt seeded 8, 2nd round matchup with Gonzaga if they advance! Yes!!!

Pitt seeded 8, 2nd round matchup with Gonzaga if they advance! Yes!!!

Pitt being an 8 seed is just flat out disrespectful but I really like the draw, haha.

Pitt being an 8 seed is just flat out disrespectful but I really like the draw, haha.
Getting the 8 seed could be the best thing that happened to us.

Lol. 8 seeded teams usually earned that seed.

Pitt finished the year 24-8 in the Big East. Beat Georgetown by 30 on the road. Beat Syracuse, Villanova x2, Cincinnati, etc.

They're #10 in the Sagarin Rankings. One of the most efficient offensive and defensive teams in the country. One of the best rebounding teams in the country. They've been ranked in the Top 20 for most of the latter part of the season.

They simply do not have the profile of an 8 seed and I think most 'talking heads' have agreed.

They were FOURTH in the Big East - the Big East received the most bids.

Pitt finished the year 24-8 in the Big East. Beat Georgetown by 30 on the road. Beat Syracuse, Villanova x2, Cincinnati, etc.

They're #10 in the Sagarin Rankings. One of the most efficient offensive and defensive teams in the country. One of the best rebounding teams in the country. They've been ranked in the Top 20 for most of the latter part of the season.

They simply do not have the profile of an 8 seed and I think most 'talking heads' have agreed.

They were FOURTH in the Big East - the Big East received the most bids.

The big east receives the most bids because it has the most teams.

Also, the committee rarely misses on 8 seeds. They're usually spot on.

The big east receives the most bids because it has the most teams.

Also, the committee rarely misses on 8 seeds. They're usually spot on.

Yeah, it also is the best or second best conference in the country this year. Again. It has the most teams but it also has a ton of quality teams every year.

The committee does miss though. ESPN just flashed that BPI projected Pitt as a 4 seed. The 'numbers' say that Pitt is the most underseeded team in the tournament.

Yeah, it also is the best or second best conference in the country this year. Again. It has the most teams but it also has a ton of quality teams every year.

The committee does miss though. ESPN just flashed that BPI projected Pitt as a 4 seed. The 'numbers' say that Pitt is the most underseeded team in the tournament.

Ok. If Pitt is that good, they'll make the sweet sixteen.

Ok. If Pitt is that good, they'll make the sweet sixteen.

I think they have a decent chance but that doesn't discount the fact that they are indeed underseeded. And they'll have been underseeded whether they make the Sweet Sixteen or not.

Pitt has flaws as a team. They're streaky at best offensively. They simply just do not have the profile of an 8 seed. That's all.

As sad as this sounds. Wisconsin is ripe as the 5-12 upset.

As sad as this sounds. Wisconsin is ripe as the 5-12 upset.
This is what I'm debating, because I can see Wisconsin in the Final Four if they survive the first round. I'd match them up against Pitt in the Elite Eight but Pitt is notoriously choke prone in the tournament, so I could see them losing that game.

I don't see Wisconsin losing in the first round. They'll grind out a win.

This Midwest bracket makes me want to shoot myself.

In this crazy year of college basketball Miami is one of those teams I'm having a tough time figuring out. If they bring their "A" game I think they're the best team in basketball. When you look at their 6 losses, 4 are inexcusable. Losses @ Duke and on a neutral court to Arizona are ok, but they've lost to Florida Gulf Coast, Indiana State, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech. They seem to play to the level of their opponent. I think depending on the matchup, they are a prime candidate to go down in the 2nd round. However, if they can avoid an early let down they are very dangerous. It will also be interesting to see them play a team in a slow, drag it out, low scoring game. They're a bit of showtime team and I don't know if they have the mental toughness to fight through and win 6 straight.

They're the oldest team in the country averaging 22 yrs old. Mental toughness won't be an issue.

They're the oldest team in the country averaging 22 yrs old. Mental toughness won't be an issue.

Age doesn't mean they're mentally tough. I think Miami got a favorable draw, even if they don't bring their "A" game I don't see any team in the East other than Indiana who can beat them.

Age doesn't mean they're mentally tough. I think Miami got a favorable draw, even if they don't bring their "A" game I don't see any team in the East other than Indiana who can beat them.
Butler, baby. Busted brackets everywhere the last 2 seasons.

EDIT: And the Syracuse zone.

Butler, baby. Busted brackets everywhere the last 2 seasons.

EDIT: And the Syracuse zone.

I'm having a tough time putting my finger on Miami. They could get bounced by Illinois/Colorado in the 2nd round (or 3rd round, whatever they call it these days) or win the whole thing. Love their roster and talent but I'm still not sure how they will handle adversity. It's what makes this tournament so great. Thought about taking Thursday and Friday off to watch all the games but settled on just Friday.

This year's bracket is probably the hardest one I've ever filled out. This is impossible. There are NO standout teams this year. Just all mediocre teams that could lose at any time.

I can totally see them losing to Illinois in the 3rd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back