Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Icey good stuff man. So you were seeing too low launch and spin from the regular driver and then switched to the pro? I know you are a fan of the red, so depending on the shafts that are available would you consider going back to the regular head and just getting a little more spinny shaft?

Icey good stuff man. So you were seeing too low launch and spin from the regular driver and then switched to the pro? I know you are a fan of the red, so depending on the shafts that are available would you consider going back to the regular head and just getting a little more spinny shaft?
That's the exact combo I think I'm leaning towards for my stock shaft offering! I love the red and really didn't see a huge difference, I think my final order is going to look like this:

AMP Cell Red Stiff 45" GP ZGrip Cord +1 wrap, logo down at 9.5*
Special Order - Diamana S+ 60
Custom - Fujikura Motore F3 60
Stock - Kuro Kage Black 60

Thoughts?

Here's the spin/launch chart for anyone who wants to see the shafts laid out in that fashion of Cobra, I think it really makes it easy to find where you want to be:
2013CobraShaftOptimizerDriverFW_zps61b9611e.jpg

Kyle, you're awesome. that is all.

that chart helps. It actually shows that I was on the right track for what I am looking at.

Thanks, that chart makes me feel 98% on the AD DI. Seeing the Attas 3 over to the right just dropped it down a notch..I believe a low spin shaft is my thing...

Cobra sure did select a lot of low spin shafts for this thing. Makes you think they did it for a reason.

Cobra sure did select a lot of low spin shafts for this thing. Makes you think they did it for a reason.

I thought the same thing when I looked at that chart.

I wondered the same thing when Jim showed me the book, I wondered how many of the names of shafts were really stacked on top of each other because they were so similar!

Sig updated.

Driver Choice: AMP Cell Pro
Length: 44.75" (- 0.5")
Loft: 9.5 (Grip logo down at 9.5°)
Driver head color: Silver
Shaft Choice & Flex:
Option 1: Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 Stiff-flex (Custom)
Option 2: Oban Kiyoshi White 65 gm Stiff-flex (Special Order)
Option 3: Kuro Kage Black 60 Stiff-flex (Stock)
Grip Choice: Golf Pride Z-Grip Cord, + 2 wraps tape
Dexterity: Left handed

I like it castor. I think that combo(the AD with Silver) is going to be a looker.

Nice Castor.

Icey what flex did you hit in the RIP Phenom? What kind of SS were you seeing.

Got my order in.

Driver Choice: Amp Cell
Loft: 9.5 My fly
Driver head color (if applicable): Red
Shaft Choice & Flex:
First choice: PX 5.5 Black
Second choice: Rip Phenom 50 stiff
Third Choice: Stock Stiff
Grip Choice (and any special requests such as 2 wraps of tape): REL 3 Gen black mid if not available Amp Cell REL 360 Red with 3 wraps

Hope I made the right choice, did you guys specify length? I forgot.

Got my order in.

Shaft Choice & Flex:

unless you want the stock length I would mention it.

Ok emailed GG went 45"

Icey what flex did you hit in the RIP Phenom? What kind of SS were you seeing.
Stiff, I was around 97-98 with that one. I really liked it, was probably 4th on my list for finalists!!!

Got my order in.

Shaft Choice & Flex:
Grip Choice (and any special requests such as 2 wraps of tape): REL 3 Gen black mid if not available Amp Cell REL 360 Red with 3 wraps

Nice choices!

I did specify length...44.75" (-0.5")

Stiff, I was around 97-98 with that one. I really liked it, was probably 4th on my list for finalists!!!

did you try in Regular at all? I only as because on their site it says they recommend reg for ss between 90-100. I found that interesting.

Another order in, looks good Bullfrog. Hope Ddec can get this figured out by Monday hehe.

Another order in, looks good Bullfrog. Hope Ddec can get this figured out by Monday hehe.

tyno and I are working together on stuff right now. I feel progress is being made.

tyno and I are working together on stuff right now. I feel progress is being made.
I want in on that!
did you try in Regular at all? I only as because on their site it says they recommend reg for ss between 90-100. I found that interesting.
I didn't, honestly I enjoyed it as a stiff. That's very interesting!!! You have me second guessing myself now!!!

Here's my (ALMOST) final order:

Driver Choice: AMP Cell Red
Length: 45"
Shaft Choice & Flex:
Option 1: UST Mamiya Proforce VTS 65 Silver Stiff-flex (Special Order)
Option 2: Aldila RIP Beta White 60 Stiff-flex (Custom)
Option 3: Kuro Kage Black 60 Stiff-flex (Stock)
Grip Choice: Golf Pride Z-Grip Cord, + 1 wraps tape (Grip logo down at 9.5°)
Dexterity: Right Handed

I literally having it waiting in a PM to send to Morgan, I just can't bring myself to hit send, this is way harder than what I wanted embroidered on the staff bag!!!

Thoughts?

Go for it Icey!

Back