Callaway X-Hot Fairway Wood Preview Thread

Those are some impressive 3 woods! I had one over 250 on the sim last time I hit there, but who knows. We'll find out here as it gets warmer. These really do feel like nothing when you really smack one. The 5W felt the same for me. I'm hopeful that the shaft will hold up as well. If not, I have a real deal PXV inbound just in case.

I got my regular 3W with the real deal PXV from the pro in it. Think that will be the best of both world for me

I got my regular 3W with the real deal PXV from the pro in it. Think that will be the best of both world for me

You may be right. Time will tell. I saw a chance to grab one and took it. Just in case.

You may be right. Time will tell. I saw a chance to grab one and took it. Just in case.

Ya I dont know for sure, I tried the regular with the pxv red and didnt like it a ton.... Loved the shaft in the pro, but didnt hit it as solidly so thats why I made the decision I did

Ya I dont know for sure, I tried the regular with the pxv red and didnt like it a ton.... Loved the shaft in the pro, but didnt hit it as solidly so thats why I made the decision I did

Sounds like a good choice to me

I just saw this little nugget on the blog by Harry Arnett from Callaway, wondering if anyone on the forum will want to try this one:

For example, we have the X Hot 3Deep coming out in a few weeks which gives even more distance from everywhere for stronger players. It’s a great addition to the X Hot family.

I just saw this little nugget on the blog by Harry Arnett from Callaway, wondering if anyone on the forum will want to try this one:

That must be the new club the Callaway rep at the club told me about last weekend. Basically a deeper faced 3 wood that will come in 13.5 and 14.5 degrees. Kind of a 2 wood or thriver. Mickelson is going to have it in his bag and use it almost like a second driver.

Yep, since I'm a fairway off the tee guy 95% of the time I've been keeping an eye and ear on the rumors of this one and want to hit it already.

Doubt I have the swing speed to justify the deep, but very interested in what the regular can do for me. Hope to be off early tomorrow to give this a few swings, not holding my breath at this point.

Doubt I have the swing speed to justify the deep, but very interested in what the regular can do for me. Hope to be off early tomorrow to give this a few swings, not holding my breath at this point.

Looks like they are targeting better players for these, but wonder if it could also be a club for those that struggle off the tee and are better off using a club with a higher loft and shorter shaft. Would not work off the deck for these players very well, but could be their "driver". The deeper face could make it have more of a driver look, and the extra loft offset some side spin for this that tend to slice. Slower swing speeds could benefit from the higher loft as well. It is something I will definitely take a look at since I play a very tight course, and might like the comfort of looking at a deep driver face as compared to a fairway wood off the tee. I have tried the higher lofted drivers with a shortened shaft, with the main problem being they tend to have a closed face which does not do well with my tendency to hit a hook. I am guessing this would have a more square face.

That must be the new club the Callaway rep at the club told me about last weekend. Basically a deeper faced 3 wood that will come in 13.5 and 14.5 degrees. Kind of a 2 wood or thriver. Mickelson is going to have it in his bag and use it almost like a second driver.

Yeah, Phil hit it 316 off the tee today, the announcers were gagging all over themselves about it, it was sorta funny.

I think I may come home from my lesson tomorrow with an XHot 3w.

Then again, we're had 2.5' (yes, 30") of freaking snow here in the past week. Maybe I can hold off just...a...bit......longer.

I hit this today and it gave me ball speeds about the same or better than any of the drivers I hit today. I was carrying this one about 230 average according to the sim. Ridiculous. I think I need one.

I hit this today and it gave me ball speeds about the same or better than any of the drivers I hit today. I was carrying this one about 230 average according to the sim. Ridiculous. I think I need one.

I agree, you do. They are crazy good.

I really wonder how the deep would do off the fairway? I could see it being killer off the tee, but I wonder how they will treat the leading edge of the sole to keep it as good off the deck..

I have to get another go at hitting one of these woods. Some of the stats guys are posting really impress me. Very cool that the stock shaft offering is holding up to the big hitters

I really wonder how the deep would do off the fairway? I could see it being killer off the tee, but I wonder how they will treat the leading edge of the sole to keep it as good off the deck..

I can honestly say, when I get one ill likely never even try it off the deck but on rare occasions, I want and short/tight par 4 killer! Hehe

I can honestly say, when I get one ill likely never even try it off the deck but on rare occasions, I want and short/tight par 4 killer! Hehe

I like how it's not even an if for you

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I like how it's not even an if for you

TapaTalk from the iPhone

It's honestly not. Best sounding fairways around and straight bombers, a deep faced one for the tee would be a true thriver for me!

It's honestly not. Best sounding fairways around and straight bombers, a deep faced one for the tee would be a true thriver for me!

Would you play the deep and another 3w? I figure the xhot will be plenty long and versatile for me so I couldn't possibly justify one just for the tee..

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Would you play the deep and another 3w? I figure the xhot will be plenty long and versatile for me so I couldn't possibly justify one just for the tee..

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Nope, no other. Maybe move to a 16/17 hybo. If I need 3w to reach a green, 99% of the time I'm laying up to a number. Too much trouble for me to ever force it unless it's. wiiiiiiide open hole. Played my TF3 strictly off the tee last year.

And that's pretty much what my Adams is for but every once in awhile you get that Par 5 that just begs to be gone after..

Gotta love that its WHEN not IF...

I'm interested in this as well but I'm kinda leaning toward the 13.5* X Hot Pro. Guess I'll wait till this club makes an appearance before deciding for sure. I wonder if I really need a bridge between driver and 4-wood since I'm getting 250 off the deck consistently anyway??

I'll probably give it a test run, I have an 8Q3 on the way, seems like a natural fit on the deep faced 3 wood.

So... I love this 3 wood.

I took it out for the maiden voyage today (15* X Hot pro w/ PXv 6.5 shaft, standard length). Most of what I'll be using this club for is off the tee, as I am relatively conservative when it comes to going for it on par 5s. On the range I laid off a couple (force of habit with the 3 wood) and wasn't all that impressed, noticing the stoutness of the 6.5 immediately, and decided to get a bit more aggressive with it. Bombs.. Dead.Straight.Bombs.

There are a number of holes on my course that set up great for a 3 wood and the worst thing I dealt with was convincing myself that I wouldn't be hitting my stock draw/over-draw. Low-mid launch, incredibly penetrating bombs over and over and over again. I just can't say enough good things about it.

When you tag this thing on the screws, it lets you know, and I was out-driving a couple of my playing partners drive(rs). It's so big. I don't have numbers, but I am so glad I put this thing in the bag. No more white headed, overly soft stiff flex shafts. It's #XHotBombs for this guy.

Awesome Canadan! I am so pumped for mine to get here.

Ahem...

I TOLD YOU!!!

Back