The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
for GG and any of you guys that will be craving pasta, I'd highly recommend trying whole wheat or brown rice pasta, especially whole wheat. The calories in regular pasta aren't that bad if you're in control of your portions, but there's not much nutritional value to it, other than some carbs, and it doesn't keep you feeling full for very long. I'll be honest, whole wheat pasta doesn't taste as good or have the same silky texture, but it's got protein and way more fiber, which helps you feel full longer. You can do whole wheat penne or something like that with some grilled chicken, olive oil, garlic and herbs, or a pesto and get a lot of good nutrients in. The fats from that stuff are the good ones too.

I actually enjoy whole wheat pasta, and I also really like spaghetti squash which is a great substitute. For people looking to do low carb, healthy pasta I highly recommend this https://aldentepasta.com/product-categories/carbanada/.

You can sometimes find it at Whole Foods or Fresh Market. It does taste different, but if you like the taste of whole wheat pasta I think you will like this too. It's a little pricey so I don't buy it often, but I might buy it again at the start of my get healthy plan.

Anyone who is interested, if you have Trader Joe's in your area, you can get whole wheat pasta for about the same price as regular, around $1/pound, which is pretty decent. I don't know about the low-carb pasta, that's probably bank! :) TJ's also has brown rice that comes portioned and you boil the bags on the stove or in the microwave. Another really good source of fiber and whole grains. Remember everybody, your body needs carbs, especially if you're pretty active. You don't want too high a ratio of carbs, but they're not inherently bad. Whole grains are one of the best ways to get them.

I'm going to wholeheartedly recommend everyone pick themselves up a good quality bar of dark chocolate: I prefer 85%, but most will be better around 70%. In small quantities, (I eat about 20 grams a day), it can sate your sweet tooth, and has a lot of wonderful flavanoids and antioxidants.

Unless of course someone does not care for dark chocolate.
Its like a recommendation of eating a ton of broccoli. Sure it may be a great way to get quality nutrients, but when you would rather eat a boiled shoe, it just wont do.

I love dark chocolate it would only make me want chocolate more.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Obviously if you don't enjoy it, don't eat it. If you do enjoy it, however, it is not without it's health benefits.
Unless of course someone does not care for dark chocolate.
Its like a recommendation of eating a ton of broccoli. Sure it may be a great way to get quality nutrients, but when you would rather eat a boiled shoe, it just wont do.

I'm going to wholeheartedly recommend everyone pick themselves up a good quality bar of dark chocolate: I prefer 85%, but most will be better around 70%. In small quantities, (I eat about 20 grams a day), it can sate your sweet tooth, and has a lot of wonderful flavanoids and antioxidants.

Not a bad idea. I love chocolate.

I like candy and sweets from time to time, but have no trouble avoiding them. My weakness is salty snacks. Tearing through an entire bag of chips and jar of salsa is not unheard of.

Oh my one serving of pasta is a pitiful amount. I

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Portion control has always been a big problem for me. I am already eating more salads, veggies and lean protiens. Still struggly with cravings and overeating.

Good luck everybody! :blob:

Good luck all. Can't wait to see the results!

Portion control has always been a big problem for me. I am already eating more salads, veggies and lean protiens. Still struggly with cravings and overeating.

This is my problem I can eat a salad just fine, but then I want to eat a bowel of icecream or a bag of chips.

The only thing I'm concerned about is this cutting into my THP time. That being said, I'd rather be in great shape and lose 30 minutes a night of THP than what I am now. Also, it's only 2 months.

Just had my "last" supper. Went to Carrabbas with the Mrs and from here on out during this, I am changing my ways.

Just had my "last" supper. Went to Carrabbas with the Mrs and from here on out during this, I am changing my ways.

I'm really considering an In-N-Out run tonight. Haven't had it in at least 6 months and I know I won't go for the next 3 months at least. I think I just made my mind up. Double Double Animal Style!!!!!!

Great contest idea Mike! Unfortunately I'm already at my target weight and do not wish to look like a walking candy apple on a stick so I won't be taking part. I will do my best to offer any training/nutrition information if anyone wishes to ask, just PM me and I'd be more than willing to lend some advise! Good Luck to all the participants!

I gotta warn you guys. If you're going to a healthy diet of some form (I've been a Zone guy and still am), be prepared for that grocery bill to spike! It's amazing how much lean meat, veggies, and fruit cost in necessary quantities. Of course, you'll probably end up way ahead if you'll be eating out less.

I gotta warn you guys. If you're going to a healthy diet of some form (I've been a Zone guy and still am), be prepared for that grocery bill to spike! It's amazing how much lean meat, veggies, and fruit cost in necessary quantities. Of course, you'll probably end up way ahead if you'll be eating out less.

My whole plan is to just walk away from the table sooner. I'm not going to change anything that I eat other than quantity.

Exactly what happened in my situation...win/win

Good luck to everyone participating in this contest. Cant wait to follow along. Just stick with it you will be happy you did!

Weight has been turned in. I just about cried when I saw the number, but now I am more motivated then ever. I have already planned out my workout schedule for the week and now I am browsing the internet for some different breakfast ideas. One of my favorites is protein pancakes made with cottage cheese, sounds weird but you don't even know it's there and it tastes really good IMO.

Do we weigh in today or tomorrow?

Weight has been turned in. I just about cried when I saw the number, but now I am more motivated then ever. I have already planned out my workout schedule for the week and now I am browsing the internet for some different breakfast ideas. One of my favorites is protein pancakes made with cottage cheese, sounds weird but you don't even know it's there and it tastes really good IMO.
I find smoothies to be my friend in the morning with protein added. And a hard boiled egg to help too. We have a vitamix that seems like it would purée a work boot if you left it in there long enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back