Inset v Non-Insert

DblBogey4Life

Reaction score
Handicap
Been using inserts for years. I think I was one of the only fans of the White Hot XG and the only thing I have found close to it is the PING Scottsdale. I think its time to retire the Itsy Bitsy and go back to a blade, but I keep toying with going to a non insert putter, a Karsten 1959 Anser 2. But which has the advantage? Insert or Non?

I am not sure there is an advantage, just personal preference. There can be more manipulation done to sound and feel via an insert, but in the end, one must still like how it was done. All comes down to personal preference.

Not really any advantage that I'm aware of. Just all perception of feel and sound.

I used to really enjoy my WhiteHot before I switched to SeeMore, so I'm definitely interested in trying out some of the Versas with the WhiteHot insert.

No insert!

Agree with comments above that it's all about feel and personal preference. For me, there's no purer feeling than a solid, milled putter with no insert. Currently, gaming Ping Anser milled 2 and Ping Redwood Anser, though can't really make up my mind.

it just comes down to personal preference. i don't find inserts that i like very often but once and a while i do. i tend to lean towards milled putters.

Agreed Buckjob. I am a milled guy but found the insert in SeeMores X line to be the best I've ever tried. Its the only insert putter I have in the stable.

TapAhoy!

I am not sure there is an advantage, just personal preference. There can be more manipulation done to sound and feel via an insert, but in the end, one must still like how it was done. All comes down to personal preference.

Could not be better said!

Back