The #Grandaddy - Callaway Golf & THP - Details

Yep, the #zoocrew is killing it on building suspense. Can't wait to see what is in store. I'm trying not to think about courses in the area, because it will absolutely shut down my work for the day. Too many excellent courses out there to ponder.

The way they talk about it, they must have gotten into one of the private clubs. You and I could book a round at the places open to the public.

Well this got my blood flowing.

"@JasonFinleyCG: course is done and booked. It is so good and special we have to keep it quiet! #epic"

And another from Harry.

"@HarryArnettCG:Fin ain't lying. This one is off the charts. Y'all will never guess but be amazed."
Those sound like awesome teasers, now let the guessing begin!!!
  • Admiral Baker Golf Course, North Course, San Diego, CA
  • Navy Golf Course, The Destroyer, Cypress, CA
  • Shorecliffs, San Clemente, CA
  • Rio Hondo, Downey, CA
  • Torrey Pines, Sand Diego
  • Barona Creek, Lakeside

Just spit balling!

We've been having a good chat with Harry and co on the twitter.

• Rio Hondo, Downey, CA
  • Barona Creek, Lakeside

Just spit balling!

Torrey typically is not in great shape outside of a couple weeks before and after tournament. La Costa came to mind but there are better in the area. Strawberry hills and pelican bay had great views and conditions. But still there are better

I can only fantasize about being on team THP with my amazing teammates. I know the course that's chosen is going to make our hearts melt, as there are many hidden beauties to CA:) you'll soon realize it's not all about Hollywood and Rich people.

• Rio Hondo, Downey, CA
  • Barona Creek, Lakeside

Just spit balling!

Im wondering if you took a glance at the home page article? Did you see the prize list? :D

Torrey typically is not in great shape outside of a couple weeks before and after tournament. La Costa came to mind but there are better in the area. Strawberry hills and pelican bay had great views and conditions. But still there are better
That makes sense, I put together a few that I could remember and were on rankings and listings. Certainly a first stab effort!

I was even pondering if were some kind of private club that normally you wouldn't have access!

The excitement level brings in the possibility of Mission Hills perhaps. My $$ is still on the Stadium Course at PGA West.

And another from Harry.

"@HarryArnettCG:Fin ain't lying. This one is off the charts. Y'all will never guess but be amazed."

Is there anything private around the Palm Springs area that's better than what we've already pondered?

Don't think Torrey Pines....most local's think of the course as a tourist trap course and stay away esp. on the weekends.

Im wondering if you took a glance at the home page article? Did you see the prize list? :D
I did, I was using: Carlsbad, CA & Palm Springs, CA and my two centers for searches. Just a first attempt at pondering!!!

We could probably list 50 courses in the area and the chosen probably won't even be on the list and will totally blow us away!!!

I think it will be something more amazing than any of us can guess. If you guys havent noticed that is how it usually goes around here haha

Is there anything private around the Palm Springs area that's better than what we've already pondered?

Mission Hills.
Quarry at La Quinta, but that's a pretty exclusive place. If it's there, then that's crazytalk.

Course, schmourse, I would tee it up with these guys and Team THP on any old goat track.

That being said, bring on the awesome.

Mission Hills.
Quarry at La Quinta, but that's a pretty exclusive place. If it's there, then that's crazytalk.

Im not discussing openly where it is, but if you believe exclusive places are off limits to THP & Callaway, examine the global reach of both again. :D

I did, I was using: Carlsbad, CA & Palm Springs, CA and my two centers for searches. Just a first attempt at pondering!!!

Carlsbad is the HQ location. The golf will be in Palm Springs. It's probably the only place in California that can guarantee you near perfect weather in December.

Carlsbad is the HQ location. The golf will be in Palm Springs. It's probably the only place in California that can guarantee you near perfect weather in December.

You are right about the weather my friend. I live in a bi-polar city for weather.

Im not discussing openly where it is, but if you believe exclusive places are off limits to THP & Callaway, examine the global reach of both again. :D

The Quarry at La Quinta is probably one of the top 3 courses in the Palm Springs area, if not the #1 course and generally very difficult to get on. However, I know that Callaway + THP = awesome so I won't doubt any possibility except perhaps Cypress and Augusta. :)

This. Pretty sure if Callaway needs something not outrageous (not playing at Augusta guys sorry!) then it can be done!

My bad. I didn't realize the golf would only occur around Palm Springs. That would certainly restrict my initial list.

The last time I was in Palm Springs I was like 12 and had no idea what golf really was so I didn't pay attention to the courses at all. But I have no doubt the course will be top notch!!!

Siri speaks for me!

This is all too much for me. I may need a nap. I'm a golf course nerd, so the potential options have my head swimming.

This is all too much for me. I may need a nap. I'm a golf course nerd, so the potential options have my head swimming.

Hawk, if the #Grandaddy is here then consider all of your golf desires to be met and fulfilled.

Hawk, if the #Grandaddy is here then consider all of your golf desires to be met and fulfilled.

The ironic part is I played there with another OEM 2 years ago. It was not my favorite on the trip. Great course no doubt, but people need to expand their horizons. :D

It pays to read, this little party is going to be at a jaw dropper! Too many to choose from in PS. My gawd I just drooled on myself!

So JB, basically what your saying is, we may think something is impossible like getting into a prestigious & exquisite course but if THP & Callaway want in, then you better believe we will be there!

Am I right or am I right?

WOOOO #TeamTHP

Back