Best theoretical round

TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Reaction score
Handicap
5.3 (WHS)
Just seeing the thread from KellyBo about birdies/eagles gave me a slightly different idea on scores

How many of you keep the scores from your rounds and then take the best scores on each hole to see what you could theoretically have scored had you put the best holes together all on the same day?

Obviously this only really works for scores on the same course so for those of you who play somewhere different each week it can't be done

I did this last year by setting up an Excel spreadsheet with the hole details for the course round the corner from me (only the hole yardage, par and stroke index) and just entered my scores for each date and then a simple formula worked out the best score from each round and populated a separate 'card'

For the course that is just around the corner from me, I only managed 6 rounds there last year, but from those 6 rounds I managed a theoretical level par round with

14 pars, 2 birdies and 2 bogeys

Ok to dream, but I guess I don't live in a "theoretical" world, do I've never given this any thought. I just take it as it comes. I birdied every hole at my home course multiple times last year, so I guess if I was writing anything down, it would be 18 under par.

I think I have birdied all but 2 holes at my home course, so 16 under I guess.

Im currently 4 under at my home course. Played two times there this year, two birdies each round, all on different holes..

I can see why this would be interesting, but I dont really like doing this type of thing. Golf lends itself to this type of exercise but to me, its like seeing if you would have won the pick up game against your buddy if you would have made every basket, or how would your BA be of you changed the strikeouts to hits.

This season?

Nope, last 2 seasons, and now that I think about it there are 4 I havent birdied

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

This season I've parred every hole at my home course with I think 4 birds. So -4.

I'm sure others remember this as well, but I remember an ad (for Royal Bank of Scotland, I think?) that did this with all of Jack Nicklaus' rounds at The Masters. They said if you added them all up, his lowest score on every hole, would give him a 48. Can't find a link to it anymore, except for this one on Yahoo Answers.

I love doing this. There was a course where I grew up that I must have played hundreds of times in my life that had one hole that always made me struggle. The course was 27 holes and i birdied every hole in my life at least once save for that one. It was a par four that I hit in 2 twice and pared thrice. That nine my theoretical best is 8 under. I have a lot of respect for that par 4.

I've seen season-long comps where winner is the lowest possible. Set up a big scorecard and update it as you birdie or eagle through the year.

Some also keep track of their lifetime best. When they've been there 20+ years, those get pretty low.

123456789OUT101112131415161718INTOTAL
BLUE547392337280193476115446529331535036053920230831715745741631066421
Handicap591315311171716181286141024
Par5444353
Score54

That would be my best. Obviously I've never even been close to doing that in a round due to blow up holes

My club does this...the 'Eclectic' score. Three under for me I think...

I've logged every round I've ever played on NG360 since last March. taking the best score on each hole for a total score of -14 at Indian Mounds Golf Course which has a par of 59. 5 pars, 12 birdies & 1 eagle

I've been a member of my course since I was 10, 17 years so you can imagine how many rounds I've played.
My eclectic is 5 eagles and 13 birdies, -23.
Eagled all the par 5's, never had better than a birdie on any of the par 4's or 3's.

Over ten years at local course, birdies in every hole but 5, so 13 under 58. Had a short birdie chip on the #1 handicap last Saturday that stopped a foot short.

Best/Worst "Eclectic" Round

Best/Worst "Eclectic" Round

Newbie here, did a search but didn't see anything on this so starting a new thread, hopefully not a duplicate (apologies if it is!).

I've been using an online score tracker and it offers the facility of what it calls an eclectic round where it shows a round with your best score on each individual hole (across all your logged rounds) and the same for highest score.

I find this fascinating as to what I could have achieved if I played all my best golf in one round and would be interested in what others are showing and what their handicaps are. Anybody care to share?

Rounds logged = 5 (just starting back!!)
H/cap = estimate 24-28 (see above!)
Course par = 70
Best eclectic = 75
Worst = 117

So goes from :act-up: to :beat-up: for me!

Which score tracker is that? OOB?

I have birdied 8 different holes and eagled one hole since joining our course in November last year. That would make my eclectic score 62 with a par of 72. I have no idea what my worst would be but I'm sure it would be way up there.

I have birdied 8 different holes and eagled one hole since joining our course in November last year. That would make my eclectic score 62 with a par of 72.

Thanks KellyBo, that sounds like great record, have you parred the rest? If your best on one hole was +1, that would add to the score.

Thanks KellyBo, that sounds like great record, have you parred the rest? If your best on one hole was +1, that would add to the score.

Yes, I've made par on all the rest. Now if we can just put it all together! My best score at this course is an 81 whereas my old course was a 76. I average 3-4 three putts a round which is just killing me. I've already played about 30 rounds this year. :)

Yup, great record, I guess putting it all together is what gets us out week after week!

I reckon there must be folks on here with eclectics in the low 50's

I reckon there must be folks on here with eclectics in the low 50's

I guess this is something folks don't track?
I thought it was one of the interesting stats, like a scramble with yourself on all your best days!

Back