What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got out for my first rounds this past weekend in Grand Rapids. First day I shot a 90 47/43. Played the next day and shot a 42, they only had 9 holes open and time was running short.

Where I live we got 6 inches of snow last night, so I am still at least 4-5 weeks away from any consistent action. For my first round in 6 months I will take it. Felt really rusty and just looking forward to swinging the club everyday.

This weekend I played my second and third rounds since surgery in October. Shot 82 on Friday and 80 on Sunday.
My shoulder held up quite well with no pain, but I can still feel the urge to protect it on a bunch of shots which cost me some strokes.
Very happy with progress so far. I should be back to shooting the mid to low 70's in a month or 2.

Rattled off a smooth 44 on the front 9 yesterday. I'd like to blame the top-dressed greens for my terrible score, but it was more than likely the chunked or bladed wedges on holes 1-5 and the double cross hook into the stream on 9 that did me in. Hopefully I'll shake the rust off my short game soon!

I shot an 85 at a short course but it is tight and placement is a big key to scoring.
39-46
11/14 FW Only hit driver 5 times the other times it was an iron as you had to place the ball in the dogleg.
5/18 GIR Greens are small but but I missed my yardages a few times.
30 putts
Chipping and putting was good on the front but hurt me on the back.

Still a good day as I was low score of the group.

84 with 5 freaking penalties!

9/14 FWs, 6/18 GIR, 31 putts.

I shot an 85 at a short course but it is tight and placement is a big key to scoring.
39-46
11/14 FW Only hit driver 5 times the other times it was an iron as you had to place the ball in the dogleg.
5/18 GIR Greens are small but but I missed my yardages a few times.
30 putts
Chipping and putting was good on the front but hurt me on the back.

Still a good day as I was low score of the group.

Excellent shooting man, you're going to hammer that handicap down something serious this summer. I shot awful today at SH, penalties are me alive and I was right back at army golf. Wish I could just go back to my fade, I knew where to aim then but working on "correcting it" has created a whole new host of problems, I never know from swing to swing if it's going to draw or fade :bicker:

Congrats on getting back out their drumdog!
And thanks for the Paradise support!
This weekend I played my second and third rounds since surgery in October. Shot 82 on Friday and 80 on Sunday.
My shoulder held up quite well with no pain, but I can still feel the urge to protect it on a bunch of shots which cost me some strokes.
Very happy with progress so far. I should be back to shooting the mid to low 70's in a month or 2.

It's still early in the season, you'll get the rust off.
When is the next round?
Rattled off a smooth 44 on the front 9 yesterday. I'd like to blame the top-dressed greens for my terrible score, but it was more than likely the chunked or bladed wedges on holes 1-5 and the double cross hook into the stream on 9 that did me in. Hopefully I'll shake the rust off my short game soon!

that would have been a really solid round without those penalties.

It's been a "strange" month down south, I'm sure with more golf the penalties will go away and I can't wait to see how low you go.
84 with 5 freaking penalties!

9/14 FWs, 6/18 GIR, 31 putts.

Was able to get 9 in after work. Was pretty chilly so my body felt kind of tight. I didn't keep score because there was a group in front of me and I was playing solo and hitting 2-3 balls to slow myself down. But I was 5/7 FIR and 6/9 GIR with my main ball. Few times where all my balls were on the fairway or green. Loving where my swing is currently at and the results I'm having with my counter balancing.

that would have been a really solid round without those penalties.

It's been a "strange" month down south, I'm sure with more golf the penalties will go away and I can't wait to see how low you go.

Thanks buddy. My swing felt good for the first time in a while and I was actually hitting the center of the face. I still would like to see more distance, but overall I'm happy with how I played today.

Shot a 3 over 39 tonight.. Two birdie chances inside 10 feet stymied by terrible dead patches in greens catching grooves..

It sure is good to be playing again though.. I've picked up a ton of spin with my wedges over the winter that is kind of awesome.. Something to get used to, but I like it!

How do you think that will relate / change with Cleveland wedges you have coming before too long?
Shot a 3 over 39 tonight.. Two birdie chances inside 10 feet stymied by terrible dead patches in greens catching grooves..

It sure is good to be playing again though.. I've picked up a ton of spin with my wedges over the winter that is kind of awesome.. Something to get used to, but I like it!

How do you think that will relate / change with Cleveland wedges you have coming before too long?

I've heard the RTX wedges are loaded with spin which excites me a lot. I've never really played much of a spin game, more of a drop and stop.

Seems like the transition will be extremely smooth. Plus they are gorgeous.

I've heard the RTX wedges are loaded with spin which excites me a lot. I've never really played much of a spin game, more of a drop and stop.

Seems like the transition will be extremely smooth. Plus they are gorgeous.

Nice. And I totally agree in the looks. I'm so excited for these things.

44/39 at Willamette Country Club. Other than a few blow-up holes that really screwed me over, i did well, considering how crappy i was striking the ball..

44/39 at Willamette Country Club. Other than a few blow-up holes that really screwed me over, i did well, considering how crappy i was striking the ball..

Decent round OJ, how was the course? I've never played there.

Tap

Really nice. I liked it, and i hate most of the country clubs around here.

Really nice. I liked it, and i hate most of the country clubs around here.

Cool, let's play sometime this summer. PM me if you want.

Tap

Shot 42-46. WIND was pretty large. Best shot of the round was a 7-iron from 115 yards (normally a 145-150 club) over a pond, into a strong gust, to 8' from the pin!

43 on our public 9-hole course (par 33) could've been better, 1 penalty and one 3-put...

43/40=83 with 71.4% FWs but only 22.2 GIRs. Used 31 putts with no 3 putts. No birdies but there was only one real opportunity with that few GIRs. Not too bad for a soggy, chilly and windy day.

43/40=83 with 71.4% FWs but only 22.2 GIRs. Used 31 putts with no 3 putts. No birdies but there was only one real opportunity with that few GIRs. Not too bad for a soggy, chilly and windy day.
+

Great round DD! Hope we can get together and play again soon!

96 at The Ridge at Castle Pines North.

10/13 fairways was great but only hitting only 2 GIR was ugly. 36 putts on the fastest greens I've seen this year.

Bad ballstriking + demanding course=
0f3f966b-97dc-40ce-85f5-37b1b3cb6473.jpg
mmmmmmmmmmmm milkduds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back