What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am going to be the first to post in this new thread, it's gonna be a strange one... Today I shot

Yep ... 13. We teed off in a light rain - I hit my opener well up the left side, but caught the fairway bunker. From 140 in there I chose the 8I, and caught it sweetly, dropping just left of and 18 feet past the front pin, and made an easy two-putt par. The rain stopped and I creamed it up the middle on the long par 4 2nd, and followed with shot of the day, a flush 7I from 164 to five feet. Unfortunately I misread that birdie putt and only parred. A nice drive at the par 5 3rd left me 240 away - I went for it with the driver, but left it in the front bunker, and my pitch out stayed in the front fringe, but I managed to get up-and-in for my 3rd par. Then the skies quit co-operating and opened up. We waited for about 15 minutes, but with puddles forming on the par 3 green ahead of us, it thundered - and we knew we were through. At least I can say I shot par today!

Today I shot 80. It was the tale of two nines as it is sometimes. With a 45 on the front and a 35 on the back and ironically the back is considered the harder 9. Front 9 was 9 straight bogeys. The back 9 started with 8 straight pars and then a birdie on the 18th with a 20 footer or so.

Today I shot 80. It was the tale of two nines as it is sometimes. With a 45 on the front and a 35 on the back and ironically the back is considered the harder 9. Front 9 was 9 straight bogeys. The back 9 started with 8 straight pars and then a birdie on the 18th with a 20 footer or so.
You play at Countryside again JB?

Funny how golf works sometimes that way. Still a nice score JB!

Like JB, I had 2 completely different 9's today in a MGA event.

48-39 = 87

Got to hole 6 and was doing ok. Hit driver over creek into FW but was on the left side of a slight dogleg left. I was pinned behind a tree so hit a 9 iron perfectly at the right side of the FW and the ball took a big bounce off the cart path. To everyone's surprise my ball is nowhere to be found. No idea what happened.

Walk back 130 yards and take penalty, drop, and finish the hole. End up with double. I was ticked off. I can get over a bad shot quickly but had a hard time getting over a good shot gone bad. Did not care for a few holes and was just quietly frustrated and ended up taking 2 more doubles and a triple on the front.

Decided to get over it at the turn and had a solid back of 39 including a double on 17.

Few stats from the day:

5/13 FW
2/18 GIR
5 doubles
1 triple
1 birdie
28 putts (16 & 12)

Chilly day out there but happy to finish strong after a miserable front 9.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Not too bad Mcook, at least you were out playing!

Great back 9 Cookie and your putting stats are very good considering you have a new putter in the bag.

Nice turn around on the back, Cookie. 28 putts is great with it being the first round with the Betti.

That's a strange round, back now was nice.

Way to turn the round around JB and cookie, that is hard to do with that much improvement. Good job.

85....started off birdie on first hole. 5 doubles, 4 3 putts later it ended. No mojo today.

85....started off birdie on first hole. 5 doubles, 4 3 putts later it ended. No mojo today.

I'd take an 85 every day at a 20 handicap. But at a 2.8, I can understand the frustration.

I'd take an 85 every day at a 20 handicap. But at a 2.8, I can understand the frustration.

Ha...it's going up after this round. Can't wait to get Cookie out here to play so he can see what I'm up against each weekend out here.

Well it wasn't today, but yesterday I finally broke 80. I shot a 77 at my home course. My previous best from the blue tees was 85 and from white was 80. I shot 77 from the blue tees yesterday, about 6400yds. Front 9 was a 37 with 3 birdies and a double bogey on a par 3 that was from a 3 putt or 4 putt if you count the putt from off the green, either way pretty crappy putting on my part. Back 9 was a 40 and I started off with birdie, birdie. First birdie was pretty good as I tried to drive the green and ended up under a big pine tree. Only play out was to use my putter and I almost holed it for an eagle lol. Next hole was a birdie also which was pretty good as I elected to hit my 2nd shot off the cart path and not take the drop. Hit a 9i and it landed a tad short of the green and rolled up by the hole. Next hole was a long par 5, 615 yds, hit driver and then a 5i in the water, dropped and 2 putted for bogey. Next hole a par which at this point after 13 holes I was even for the day. Proceeded to bogey the next 3 holes and on hole 17 a par 3, another double! Once again a 4 putt if you count the putt from short of the green onto the green. I consider them all putts if I am using a putter myself. Last hole is a 561 par 5, didn't hit my drievr great and left me pretty short. Used a 5i for second shot and left me about 130 out, but again on the cart path, where I again elected to hit off the cart path. If I had dropped I would have had a side hill lie hitting off very hard dirt/granite. Hit a 9i and it drew perfectly around a palm tree in front of me and stopped about 5 ft from the hole. Missed the birdie, made par for a 77.

I think once I was passed the 13th hole I started to realize how great a round I was having it got in my head a little. Instead of playing how I was and attacking everything, drives, 2nd shots, putts, I started to think if I just make pars rest of the way in, I will shoot 72. It cost me on 14,15,16 as my tee shots were more forced and trying to guide the ball instead of just getting up there and swinging like I was previously. All in all it was a great round as I had never broken 80 before, never had 5 birdies in a round before and except for 2 par3s I putted well and hit a lot of great shots. Hopefully it continues as I know I am better then a 13 index, but I just couldn't get that 80 monkey off my back. Over the last 3 months I have shot a 5-8 scores of 80 that were going to be better, but I crumbled on the last hole or 2 to mess it up.

Congrats Vegan!

Congrats, Vegan!

Great round Vegan702!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Congrats vegan, nice going buddy. It isn't often we get to shoot a new personal best. WTG!!!

Congrats Vegan!! I finally broke 80 a week or so ago and I almost did it again today!! Shot 41-39 for a smooth 80....I had 9 pars, 7 bogeys, one double and one birdie!!

I hit all but one fairway and I was just off the fairway on it, I hit 6 GIR and had 29 putts....pretty solid round!

Very solid TBT, wtg buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back