Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally nothing can be worse than our offense the last few years. We call it the Michael Vick offense. When you have an incredible athlete who can just run around and make plays, we look good. Otherwise, it is so horrible.

I love the 2 down offense.

1st Down - Run
2nd Down - Short pass or screen

If no first down was made...

3rd down - Punt prep play
4th down - Punt

Hey that's better than ours- run (2 yards), run (3 yards), incomplete 30 yard bomb down the sideline, punt

Literally nothing can be worse than our offense the last few years. We call it the Michael Vick offense. When you have an incredible athlete who can just run around and make plays, we look good. Otherwise, it is so horrible.
Well, Auburn was ranked #117 offense compared to Va Tech at #75...

1st Down - Run

4th down - Punt

Even more frustrating was if one thing was the least bit successful.. he'd do the opposite! Get a couple of first downs on the ground? Let's throw three times (if one of the first two aren't picked), then punt.

Well, Auburn was ranked #117 offense compared to Va Tech at #75...

Hahaha well I stand corrected. Let's just blame it on Chizik so I feel better about the hire

1st Down - Run

4th down - Punt

I never quite understood why Auburn tried a conventional offense last season. The starting QB was a five-star, dual threat QB. But instead of using a spread offense (or at least putting in some spread tendencies), Auburn tried to have him be a drop-back passer. Made zero sense.

Is that QB still there? I suspect that Malzahn can work with him.

Except Texas..........which is why we sux.

No they sucks because they Went with the Gatorade player of the year who was supposed to be a stud and now he sucks..

Meanwhile we passed up on RG3 and some guy named Johnny Manziel

Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

I never quite understood why Auburn tried a conventional offense last season. The starting QB was a five-star, dual threat QB. But instead of using a spread offense (or at least putting in some spread tendencies), Auburn tried to have him be a drop-back passer. Made zero sense.

He's there and came from Gus's high school and if the season started today would probably be the starter, but there's definitely a QB competition going on and it could be anyone's job to win at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Chizik went back to a regular offense because he felt that the defense was getting shredded because they were so tired. Rather than make the defense better, he decided to change to a control the clock type of offense. What lesson did we learn? 3 & outs keep the defense off the field a less amount of time than a hurry up style offense.

Yes, Frazier is still here, will be a Junior. He was a 5-star Dual Threat QB out of Arkansas, who ran Malzahns offense in High School. Malzahn recruited him to Auburn.

I have a feeling he is quite excited to have Gus back.

He's there and came from Gus's high school and if the season started today would probably be the starter, but there's definitely a QB competition going on and it could be anyone's job to win at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Nick Marshal will have a very, very good shot at being the starting QB.

Nick Marshal will have a very, very good shot at being the starting QB.

I saw Marshall play multiple times in high school and he's the real deal. If he stays out of trouble, I definitely think Gus's system is a great fit for him. I just haven't seen anything from Kiehl in the couple of years he's been there to think he's capable of being the starter. Looking forward to A-Day.

No they sucks because they Went with the Gatorade player of the year who was supposed to be a stud and now he sucks..

Meanwhile we passed up on RG3 and some guy named Johnny Manziel
I like your passion with this last post Taylor and you may be right, but Texas Boosters need to start getting their checkbooks out like the SEC does. It's time to either play pay with the big boys or s$%@ in another hole. I mean Manziel is flashing $$$$ and top dollar sporting event seats in the NCAA's face and there isn't squat they can or will do about it. They've got the system figured out and how to get around it.

Two things doesn't Manziel's family have money, and I don't believe that Texas doesn't have the boosters giving out money. They get great players, but I think Mack Brown has lost his edge. Remember he tried to recruit Manziel as a d-back.

On to Auburn I think Chizic went to the pro style to prove it wasn't Malzan making the Auburn tigers, which it sure seems like it was. I also wonder how well versed Malzan is in playing players since he rode some star athletes to the top? I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any way that some of the stories coming out are not true. Not all of them, but I'm sure someone did get paid.

I like your passion with this last post Taylor and you may be right, but Texas Boosters need to start getting their checkbooks out like the SEC does. It's time to either play pay with the big boys or s$%@ in another hole. I mean Manziel is flashing $$$$ and top dollar sporting event seats in the NCAA's face and there isn't squat they can or will do about it. They've got the system figured out and how to get around it.

Manziel is loaded.. That $$ isnt neccesarily from A&M. He has had big money his whole life

As a fan of the Tennessee Volunteers...a team with too much honor to cheat...I am truly disgusted with today's college football discussion here on THP.

As a fan of the Tennessee Volunteers...a team with too much honor to cheat...I am truly disgusted with today's college football discussion here on THP.

Hahahahahahahaha dude they once employed Lane Kiffin, you cant play the holier than thou card.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I agree dude. I agree!

There you are brother...I was trying to refrain from giving W.E. the comment he was waiting for, so thanks for filling the void that was leaving.

Haha, man we've been piling on for years, just normally it's on the scoreboard. You know I wasn't letting that little nugget go by without taking a swing, somebody has to carry the crimson flag around here.

Hahahahahahahaha dude they once employed Lane Kiffin, you cant play the holier than thou card.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, that was definitely sarcasm in my post.

I mean come on! After the last decade of Tennessee Football we hire Butch and all of a sudden we have the number 6 or 5 recruiting class in America...

I dunno what he's doing, but I hope he's good at keeping it under wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back