2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that not slow down the course even more then? 16 groups going off instead of just 8.

I would enjoy watching another match while playing mine personally.

it would tie up more tee times, but I don't think the pace of play would be any different.

My comments were for the rest of the field btw. You 3 pansies are not getting away from me. I want all 3 of you in a 4 man captain match!!!

I'd love that. 3 points coming my way with ease. Well maybe 2. Ryan is a changed man.

it would tie up more tee times, but I don't think the pace of play would be any different.

Unless you have one group just holding up everything but that can be avoided by playing smart and just keeping up with the group in front of you.

your singles record is stout. we'd go for drinks.
Good point. Then again my singles opponents haven't been skinny push ove.....wait. :beat-up:

JB, Cookie, Howzat and I'm 1-2 against em. Tough to get through that gaunlet unscathed.

Unless you have one group just holding up everything but that can be avoided by playing smart and just keeping up with the group in front of you.

that could be said for every format and any number of people in the pairings.

Here we go on the weekly format speculation :alien:

#FPF (Format Pondering Friday)

No way would the course be ok with us taking up twice as many tee times, not in my eyes anyway.

If I am in a singles match against Jake, then what Ryan and Chunky are doing means nothing to me except possibly getting in the way(for lack of saying it better). If it's going to be a true singles match 1 vs 1, I'd rather send guys out in groups of 2.

Would that not slow down the course even more then? 16 groups going off instead of just 8.

I would enjoy watching another match while playing mine personally.

While I see your point Dean, I agree with cookie here. I think the course would want us to go out as 8 foursomes instead of 16 twosomes.

While I see your point Dean, I agree with cookie here. I think the course would want us to go out as 8 foursomes instead of 16 twosomes.

unless the course already knows it when it was negotiated:alien:

I actually don't think singles is going to happen.

Good point. Then again my singles opponents haven't been skinny push ove.....wait. :beat-up:

JB, Cookie, Howzat and I'm 1-2 against em. Tough to get through that gaunlet unscathed.

Just quoting this cause I can. :alien:

unless the course already knows it when it was negotiated:alien:

Whatcha thinking? Scramble, best ball, and AS?

Whatcha thinking? Scramble, best ball, and AS?

yup. I think you see Alt Shot in some format. Whether it's straight up or modified. Imagine how much more important your shots become on Sunday if you are doing Alt shot. It's completely unlike the other 2 formats, every swing of yours counts(unless modified). Could provide an exciting finish.

yup. I think you see Alt Shot in some format. Whether it's straight up or modified. Imagine how much more important your shots become on Sunday if you are doing Alt shot. It's completely unlike the other 2 formats, every swing of yours counts(unless modified). Could provide an exciting finish.

I like it, keep it a team aspect the entire weekend since you would always have a partner. I would love seeing AS...especially on Sunday. Pressure baby! Down 1 hitting the tee shot or approach on 18 at True Blue or Caladonia? Pressure baby!

Now that is an interesting twist. I had not considered no singles matches, but what you have here would be a lot of fun.

I like it, keep it a team aspect the entire weekend since you would always have a partner. I would love seeing AS...especially on Sunday. Pressure baby! Down 1 hitting the tee shot or approach on 18 at True Blue or Caladonia? Pressure baby!

The more I think about what you guys are saying the more I like it.

I'd rather have a form of singles. But it would surely be interesting. I think that is what's going to happen.

I think the idea of the 1's from each team into a hat and draw them out is a great idea. However i would have the 4 of them play together. I agree with Cookie that watching another match while playing your own would be pretty cool. I don't see how it would be slow play as everyone can be told don't mess about and get on with it.

I really like the sound of straight up. That would be a lot of fun. It will also make Saturday's rounds more important then they ended up being last year.

While I love alt shot, I could see the pressure of Alt Shot breaking some people mentally. While we are all friends and this is, in a way, a friendly theres alot of bragging rights on the line and I could see Alt shot really mentally killing people. Some would thrive on it, some wouldn't. I would rather see a singles match than Alt Shot. Maybe I'm looking at that wrong though..

While I love alt shot, I could see the pressure of Alt Shot breaking some people mentally. While we are all friends and this is, in a way, a friendly theres alot of bragging rights on the line and I could see Alt shot really mentally killing people. Some would thrive on it, some wouldn't. I would rather see a singles match than Alt Shot. Maybe I'm looking at that wrong though..

You think there is more pressure on alternate shot then in a singles match? I am not sure I agree with that.

You think there is more pressure on alternate shot then in a singles match? I am not sure I agree with that.

I think there is more pressure because if you fail you are not only letting yourself down but your partner as well.

I think there is more pressure because if you fail you are not only letting yourself down but your partner as well.

I agree here. In singles matches you hit a bad shot you know you have to recover from it. If Alt shot, if you hit a bad shot, your partner has to deal with it, and nobody likes to let their partner down.

Certainly. Because if you dump your drive in the water, then you just took yourself and your partner out of the hole for the most part. At least in singles play you have 7 other teammates to pick up if you have a bad round. And the only pressure on each shot is the pressure you put on yourself, your not having to worry about hitting the shot in the right place to give your partner the best look at the next shot. I would much rather go it alone in singles than Alt shot given a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back