When do you mark your golf balls

Usually when I pick up a new box. I mark mine with two dots, one on each side of the number.

Hey, properly a silly post I'm just curious, when do you mark your golf balls when you get to the course, when you pull one out the bag or when you buy a box, personally I mark 3 at the start of the round, over to you.

Either on the first tee or on the putting green just prior to the first tee. I tend not to think about it really, just a pre-round preparation...

I mark them straight out of the box, it's always fun to do so

Sent from my iPhone 5, using Tapatalk 2

I mark mine right before I use it. Whether it is on the first tee or coming out of the bag on the course. Since I started using the Tour Yellow Srixon Z-Stars, I use a single dot under the number with an orange sharpie. It's not an obtrusive mark, but enough to identify it if someone happens to be playing the same ball.

I think I lose more balls than the rest of y'all. :) I mark them a dozen at a time, and try to keep a dozen in the bag just in case. It's OCD from a really, really bad hole several years ago.

Blue Roman 3 (III) under the logo for all of 'em. Sometimes I use one of my tin cup markers - I have a skull and bones as well as a bomb. It's more of a joke than an actual thought I hit the long bomb. I don't use the tin cup if I'm going to be playing a round with business partners.

I have had the tin cup marks transfer to the face of my club. Looking down and seeing a smeared orange Jolly Roger on the club after a good tee shot is actually uplifting. :banana:

I only mark mine now when I am playing with someone who also plays the Bridgestone B330-RX in optic yellow or another yellow ball, or if I am playing in a tournament. Other wise I simply play the ball straight out of the box. I seem to always mark the balls I do mark immediately before the round.

Mark them as soon as i get the box home, black line and a black dot over the first letter on the brand

I don't usually mark my ball as it is extra effort for something I am about to lose.

Usually when at home or the office

I mark them usually at home, a lot of them at the same time. If I run out, I mark balls just when I pick them from my bag.

In front of the TV, I colour 3 dimples in yellow with a blue dot for the colour of my football/soccer team. I also use a check go to get a line which I then mark up a line for putting, I don't think I'll ever get my balls mixed up!!

Looking forward to using my Tin Cup THP marker!

As soon as I get home from buying a box - alway have balls ready to go!

Add another for this. I always do all 12 at the same time.

After a couple of holes, my golf ball usually marks itself by hitting a tree trunk or cart path.

Back