whats the stat you pay attention to the most (GIR,FIR, or scrambling %)

ohio_striker

striped it
Reaction score
Handicap
The stat for me its scrambling % i am around 20% which is not very good my best rounds where i am around 40% the Gir,and FIR pretty much stay close to the same and have little to do with the overall score for me. i read and article that for amateurs 0 handicap and up averaged is 15% while most tour pros are around 60%. this is the largest difference in stats between the pros and us armatures.

looks like we all should practice most the time on the putting and chipping green instead of the range.

Total score for me

Dude, my Bridgestone J40 that I ordered is a BOMBER! Love that GD ADDi 7 shaft!

Greens for me.

Fairways for me

GIR for me. I also seem to enjoy the game the most when my GIR's are up.

For me, my goal to improve is to increase my GIR. I hit alot of fairways and scramble pretty well....more GIR = more birdie putts = more easy putts for par = better scores.

For me, my goal to improve is to increase my GIR. I hit alot of fairways and scramble pretty well....more GIR = more birdie putts = more easy putts for par = better scores.

These are my thoughts exactly. If you hit the green you dont need to scramble. Not saying it isnt important but id rather just hit the green.

out of those, GIR, but the most important stat to me is the number of putts. That lets me know two important things, 1 - how am I putting and 2 - how close to the pin am I getting from off the green, as logically, the closer you are, the less putts you'll have.

For me it's GIR. My fairway percentages are typically pretty good, and my misses usually still leave me with a shot hitting the green. I just can't ever justify hitting < 60% and when it does happen my round will typically go south quickly.

Of the ones you mentioned I pay most attention to FIR. For me, usually how I'm hitting it off the tee is an indicator of how the rest of my game is.

GIR is the most important for me.

GIR and putts.

GIR for me.

Percentage of up-and-downs, i.e. one chip and one putt when I'm inside 10-15 yards. I'm not good enough to hit enough greens in regulation so my score lives and die off of my ability to get up-and-down.

GIR seem to be the best indication of how I'm playing overall

I won't lie, putts have always been very important, but gir li.d of took over the stat track last year.

GIR and total # of putts

dont really look at any stat specific as i am not that good. For me the only stat that means the most is how well I make any strikes that day from anywhere. But if I just had chose one it would have to be (like others mention) hitting the greens too. I find thats the most rewarding shots. Just to get it on in reg you know you've done a good job no matter how pretty or ugly it may have been.

GIR and Putts

For me, fairways hit and GIR, in that order. I play my best golf when I am hitting approach shots from the fairway.

For me, fairways hit and GIR, in that order. I play my best golf when I am hitting approach shots from the fairway.
I play best golf when I am getting some birdies and rest pars :)

I didn't really track last year but FIR and GIR were very important for me to shoot well. I didn't miss the fairway by a little last yr or the year before, I missed into the next fairway or into trouble.

This yr I will still be looking a FIR and GIR and # of putts and most importantly total score.

GIR, Scrambling, total putts together are the best indication of where my game is.

Back