2013 THP Masters Contest & Thread Sponsored By TaylorMade

Oh. Yeah but then that goes into an equality deal and thats not fun.
I know a lot of people who either dont have a tv or dont have a computer, vise-versa, or neither. If im watching it on tv and the only actual gameplay is being streamed on the internet, im gonna be pretty mad. See what im getting at? More people have tv than internet (or internet and tv)

This makes no sense.. He is simply saying broadcast it on both. There is no equality issues there.

That back right pin on 16 is so tough because no one wants to go long into the back bunker because it's an impossible up and down from there, so everyone plays short and the balls feed back down the hill towards the water. You'll see a lot of 30-50 foot putts on 16 today.

I wonder where the tee on 3 is today, some of the longer hitters may try to drive the green or come up just short with that pin position. It's a 350 yard hole under standard conditions.

I was looking at 16 and thought to myself, "That cant possibly be correct" Wow that is a really tough spot.

That back right pin on 16 is so tough because no one wants to go long into the back bunker because it's an impossible up and down from there, so everyone plays short and the balls feed back down the hill towards the water. You'll see a lot of 30-50 foot putts on 16 today.

I wonder where the tee on 3 is today, some of the longer hitters may try to drive the green or come up just short with that pin position. It's a 350 yard hole under standard conditions.

Yeah that's what excites me about 16, such a tough location. And 3 is such a fun hole, but that pin position will take a good bit of stopping power for those guys that will leave themselves 30-50 yards away.

Not really. I think you misunderstood me. What I am saying is why cant the tournament just be shown on the internet the same way it is broadcast on TV?
Oh, sorry. I thought you said broadcasted on internet with actual footage of players rounding the course, and not have the same stuff on tv. Never mind, my bad.

Depends on how aggressive you want to be. That pin placement isn't too bad though. I'd probably want to be at a number where I could get it to check up faster than hit a high pitch shot and hope for the best.

Play the same thing. On TV and the internet,
Oh. Yeah but then that goes into an equality deal and thats not fun.
I know a lot of people who either dont have a tv or dont have a computer, vise-versa, or neither. If im watching it on tv and the only actual gameplay is being streamed on the internet, im gonna be pretty mad. See what im getting at? More people have tv than internet (or internet and tv)

Oh, sorry. I thought you said broadcasted on internet with actual footage of players rounding the course, and not have the same stuff on tv. Never mind, my bad.

Yeah. That would be no good. No worries.

Got my Masters App loaded with my guys and will be setting one of the computers at work to the streaming coverage, quietly and discreetly as possible.

I'm outta here. Enjoy The Masters, gents.

Depends on how aggressive you want to be. That pin placement isn't too bad though. I'd probably want to be at a number where I could get it to check up faster than hit a high pitch shot and hope for the best.

I hate your avatar. Change it.

Went with DJ and Rose. Now I just need to leave work so I can freakin watch!

poor westy

Well, that makes at least 3 of us with the same picks for the contest. I join DawgDaddy & Ary with the selection of Sneeeeeedeker & Ros-ier!

Make that at least 4 of us. Looks like great minds think alike Mike.

Well, that makes at least 3 of us with the same picks for the contest. I join DawgDaddy & Ary with the selection of Sneeeeeedeker & Ros-ier!

Uhhh... make that 5 sir!

Play the same thing. On TV and the internet,

Politically correct answer: Sports leagues all over are fighting the same issue. The networks that pay to broadcast the games/tournaments see the broadcasts lose a ton of their value if the same thing is streamed on the Internet by the league/association themselves. That's why most online stuff is different from what is seen on the primary TV broadcast.

Non-politically correct answer: If you really want to watch the full TV broadcast on your computer at work or some other place, there are TONS of online (albeit illegal) streaming sites that are out there. Those sites are how I was able to watch the NCAA tournament when I was in Argentina 2 weeks ago or how I'm able to watch just about any European soccer match that I want.

Politically correct answer: Sports leagues all over are fighting the same issue. The networks that pay to broadcast the games/tournaments see the broadcasts lose a ton of their value if the same thing is streamed on the Internet by the league/association themselves. That's why most online stuff is different from what is seen on the primary TV broadcast.

Non-politically correct answer: If you really want to watch the full TV broadcast on your computer at work or some other place, there are TONS of online (albeit illegal) streaming sites that are out there. Those sites are how I was able to watch the NCAA tournament when I was in Argentina 2 weeks ago or how I'm able to watch just about any European soccer match that I want.

Also, there is SlingBox. Legal, reliable, and private.

It used to be only weekend coverage. We get the broadcast at 3..

They limit it to keep demand high, and keep it special. People are rushing to do what they need to do so they can finish and watch it and truly and ultimately enjoy it. Working hard to get that reward makes it special. If it were on all day, people would just catch bits and pieces and do what they need to do. Thats why the british open is so ho-hum. Its on ALL DAY.

My thoughts are above, I like how it is now. I was helping explain Dev's wish.

I knew you two were very smart guys the first time I met you. :smile:

Make that at least 4 of us. Looks like great minds think alike Mike.
You sir are also very wise.

Justin Rose birdies the first hole its looking good for my picks so far. Things are getting Ros-ier

Took Colsaerts after finally talking myself out of picking John Huh.

A Metaphor for what? You are B.S?

No, a metaphor for I'm going to find a pair of horns and gore you later.

Brian Gay's making a bit of noise!

Back