TaylorMade putter repair

jamie_garrett

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a TaylorMade Rossa CGB Suzuka putter that I bought in 2007. I played the putter for 2 or 3 months and really liked it. At the end of one round, I noticed the ball wobbling when it came off the putter face. I looked at the putter, and there was a small dent on the face and the AGSI insert was pushing thru the face. I have no idea what caused the dent because I keep my putter cover on during the round unless I am putting. I didn't hit anything other than a ball with the putter.

I tried taking the putter back to Edwin Watts to see if it could be repaired, but they said I would need to contact TaylorMade. I called TaylorMade and they said that they wouln't repair the putter because more than likely it was an outside force not relating to golf that caused the damage. I tried to explain that I am sure I didn't hit anything other than a ball with the putter, and both the gentleman I spoke with initially and his supervisor said it wasn't likely and that it couldn't be repaired. Pride took over from that point and I refused to buy another TaylorMade club.

Anyway, I recently moved and found the putter in my garage. I was just wondering if anyone here knows anyone that I can contact to fix the place on this putter? I would love to start using it again. It is in great shape other than the dent on the face.

Thanks for any help and and suggestions.

What is that?

That is surprising TM wouldn't repair it. They usually are stellar with their customers.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I have a TaylorMade Rossa CGB Suzuka putter that I bought in 2007. I played the putter for 2 or 3 months and really liked it. At the end of one round, I noticed the ball wobbling when it came off the putter face. I looked at the putter, and there was a small dent on the face and the AGSI insert was pushing thru the face. I have no idea what caused the dent because I keep my putter cover on during the round unless I am putting. I didn't hit anything other than a ball with the putter.

I tried taking the putter back to Edwin Watts to see if it could be repaired, but they said I would need to contact TaylorMade. I called TaylorMade and they said that they wouln't repair the putter because more than likely it was an outside force not relating to golf that caused the damage. I tried to explain that I am sure I didn't hit anything other than a ball with the putter, and both the gentleman I spoke with initially and his supervisor said it wasn't likely and that it couldn't be repaired. Pride took over from that point and I refused to buy another TaylorMade club.

Anyway, I recently moved and found the putter in my garage. I was just wondering if anyone here knows anyone that I can contact to fix the place on this putter? I would love to start using it again. It is in great shape other than the dent on the face.

Thanks for any help and and suggestions.

That is surprising TM wouldn't repair it. They usually are stellar with their customers.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I am really surprised as well. I have heard nothing but great reviews of TM customer service.

I was surprised too. Like I said I really liked the putter. I thought they would repair the face.

Two sides to every story I guess. I am kind of Taylormade's side on this one. What did you want them to do?

Two sides to every story I guess. I am kind of Taylormade's side on this one. What did you want them to do?

I thought they would stand by their product and have me send it in and repair the face. It's not like it was a 20 year old putter. I guess I was just shocked at their customer service. I guess I just caught someone having a bad day. But they just made it sound like there was no way the face could have been dented in any way other than me abusing it.

I thought they would stand by their product and have me send it in and repair the face. It's not like it was a 20 year old putter. I guess I was just shocked at their customer service. I guess I just caught someone having a bad day. But they just made it sound like there was no way the face could have been dented in any way other than me abusing it.

The face didn't dent itself. It got put there by an external force. TaylorMade does stand by their products. By 5 year old putters are outside of their warranty. Plus, it wasn't their fault the face got dented.

It wasn't a 5 year old putter when it happened. It was a 3 month old putter. It has been 5 years since it happened and I recently found the putter after moving. It's all in the original post.

And I know the face didn't dent itself. The only external force that hit the face of the club was a golf ball. Would you expect Callaway to fix your RAZR Fit Extreme 3 wood if you hit a tee shot with it and the face caved in, or if the shaft snapped at the hosel? Of course you would. It's the same premise.

Can you post a picture? Please don't take offense, but it's just very hard for me to imagine a scenario in which a golf ball could damage the face of a putter during normal use.

Here are some pics that I took with my phone this morning. I don't know how good they will turn out. But I think you will be able to see where the insert is coming out. I don't know what would have caused it. I know that it wasn't because of it hitting against other clubs in my bag because my head cover is on at all times unless I am putting.

027.jpg028.jpg029.jpg

Man, I'd just call it a wash. You could probably buy a used one for what it would cost to repair.

Did you offer to pay?? I see no reason to expect them to do a repair for nothing.

Did you offer to pay?? I see no reason to expect them to do a repair for nothing.

No I didn't offer to pay because it supposively fell within the window of their warranty guidelines. I know people that have had the shaft of their driver snap at the hosel, and the company re-shafted the driver.

I didn't realize that questioning a company was against the guidelines here.

It's not Jamie. I think that your first post makes it sound like you waited 5 years to bring it to TM's attention though. After I read it again I figured out that wasn't really the case.

No, I didn't wait 5 years to contact them. I contacted it as soon as it happened. It's just been over 5 years since it happened. Like I said, the putter was about 3 months old, and I had purchased it brand new from Edwin Watts. Accoriding to their website it fell within the guidelines of the warranty. That's why I was so confused and discouraged.

Yea, it sort of read the other way to me at first. People skim on the regular, including me lol.

Like I said, fixing it's going to be a waste of time and money with something that old.

No I didn't offer to pay because it supposively fell within the window of their warranty guidelines. I know people that have had the shaft of their driver snap at the hosel, and the company re-shafted the driver.

I didn't realize that questioning a company was against the guidelines here.

Its not at all, but that looks like something had to have dinged the putter. That is like a kid standing in a room with the wall's covered in crayon and saying he didn't do it while standing with a crayon in hand.

Okay, maybe it's not that extreme but I just don't see why you were that persistent on them being required to fix it free of charge.

Its not at all, but that looks like something had to have dinged the putter. That is like a kid standing in a room with the wall's covered in crayon and saying he didn't do it while standing with a crayon in hand.

Okay, maybe it's not that extreme but I just don't see why you were that persistent on them being required to fix it free of charge.

It is not like that at all. The reason I thought they should repair it is because it was under warranty. Go to their website and read their warranty. They didn't even offer to have me send it in and look at it. So, if you purchased a new Maytag dryer, and the motor overheated and stopped working, would you expect Maytag to repair the washer, or would you expect to have to pay for the repair?

It is not like that at all. The reason I thought they should repair it is because it was under warranty. Go to their website and read their warranty. They didn't even offer to have me send it in and look at it. So, if you purchased a new Maytag dryer, and the motor overheated and stopped working, would you expect Maytag to repair the washer, or would you expect to have to pay for the repair?

I know, it was more of a joke. But to answer the bolded part... if the overheated dryer was a result of my actions, then yes, I would expect to have to pay for the repairs. If it was 100% under warranty and I used the machine according to their recommendations than I would expect them to fix it.

That is why I went Samsung with my new washer/dryer unit though :D

I know, it was more of a joke. But to answer the bolded part... if the overheated dryer was a result of my actions, then yes, I would expect to have to pay for the repairs. If it was 100% under warranty and I used the machine according to their recommendations than I would expect them to fix it.

That is why I went Samsung with my new washer/dryer unit though :D

So, you believe what I do then. I used the putter just like every other golfer does. The face never touched anything other than a ball. Although it is not stated anywhere, I assume this would be their recommendation. So I don't understand why I am getting attacked in this thread. In my original post, I asked if anyone knew of a way I could get it fixed, and it has spiraled into all of this.

So, you believe what I do then. I used the putter just like every other golfer does. The face never touched anything other than a ball. Although it is not stated anywhere, I assume this would be their recommendation. So I don't understand why I am getting attacked in this thread. In my original post, I asked if anyone knew of a way I could get it fixed, and it has spiraled into all of this.

Like my brotha Hawk said, it was kind of confusing in the OP and people have a tendency to skim here and there. I wish they would have fixed it, but I try not to let things like this change my view of a company when there are countless success stories about the customer service they offer. Like you said, you probably got on the phone at the wrong time and talked to a dude who was in a pissy mood that day. Don't feel like you were getting attacked by any means!

But seriously, go Samsung :D haha

There was a guy who posted about hitting a skyball with his new Covert the other day, leaving a huge idiot mark, and Nike took it back and repaired it for free. It was all the rage how great their customer service was. I mentioned that Nike went above and beyond what could have been reasonably expected of them and got beat up in the thread, too.

Back