2013 THP Masters Contest & Thread Sponsored By TaylorMade

not the tour's doing. This event is all Augusta National Golf Club I do believe

The rules are still the same however.

I would like to see the stroke clock on this kid and compare it to Furyk, Na and Tiger and see why he deserves the penalty.

They look so sweet.

they have 2 versions coming out. Saw them last month at an adidas thing up here. Look just like the old adidas classic shoes.

Sobel is saying on Twitter that he was warned earlier in the day....

Sobel is saying on Twitter that he was warned earlier in the day....

I suppose if he ignored the warning its ok...

But still, I can't believe no one else should have been warned!

they have 2 versions coming out. Saw them last month at an adidas thing up here. Look just like the old adidas classic shoes.

They remind me of Sambas a little bit.

4y8ena9y.jpg

The rules are still the same however.

I would like to see the stroke clock on this kid and compare it to Furyk, Na and Tiger and see why he deserves the penalty.

I know the rules are the same. But it's not the Tour or a PGA Tour official giving him the penalty. I think it's ridiculous that they penalized him, from the little coverage I saw of him today he didn't appear to be any slower than other golfers out there. You know they would never give it to any of those A flight guys or past champions.

Everyone that's jumping up and down here, you do realize he would have been warned first, on numerous occasions. All the talk of slow play, including on these forums, and when someone does get penalized for slow play, people threaten to never watch golf again LOL. Unfortunate, yes, but slow play is the scourge of the modern game!!

In typical Cabrera fashion, sitting in the top 10 most likely heading into the weekend. Has played well today, -2 through 16.

just saw on Twitter he was warned 3 times today for slow play

In typical Cabrera fashion, sitting in the top 10 most likely heading into the weekend. Has played well today, -2 through 16.

the guy wakes up for 4 weeks a year.

Everyone that's jumping up and down here, you do realize he would have been warned first, on numerous occasions. All the talk of slow play, including on these forums, and when someone does get penalized for slow play, people threaten to never watch golf again LOL. Unfortunate, yes, but slow play is the scourge of the modern game!!
He's 14 trying to keep his calm in a major I know at 14 I would of needed a little more time over each shot to compose myself or I would be 20+ and going home.

just saw on Twitter he was warned 3 times today for slow play
That's interesting. I wonder if anyone else has been warned.

He's 14 trying to keep his calm in a major I know at 14 I would of needed a little more time over each shot to compose myself or I would be 20+ and going home.

Sure. But you can't make exceptions to the rules for someone just because they are 14, surely?

THe last guy that got a slow play penalty assessed at the Masters was Glenn Day 18 years ago. You think this was the 1st time someone played slow after being warned?

He was playing with Crenshaw who shot 80-84. Can't help but think if he was playing with a guy who took 10-13 less shots his group would've been in a bit of a faster group.

Dude, my Bridgestone J40 that I ordered is a BOMBER! Love that GD ADDi 7 shaft!

I'm glad Lefty got people excited about him going low today. He's done nothing but go in reverse

THe last guy that got a slow play penalty assessed at the Masters was Glenn Day 18 years ago. You think this was the 1st time someone played slow after being warned?

18 years ago... May as well have been the first time. An unenforced rule being enforced in this situation is just as bad as making something up to penalize the kid.

Dude, my Bridgestone J40 that I ordered is a BOMBER! Love that GD ADDi 7 shaft!

I'm glad Lefty got people excited about him going low today. He's done nothing but go in reverse
We need more phrankenwood.

I cant remember anyone in all the time I have watched golf get a 1 stroke penalty, they have picked on an easy target. They had better start penalizing all the slow players.

Nope. But he was obviously the first person that played slow after NUMEROUS warnings. I'm not saying it isn't hard on him, but the tour rules on slow play are quite clear.

They just said Ross Fisher got a penalty last year for slow play.

how long till we start talking about him overthinking another major?

He overthought this tournament, you could tell he was miffed yesterday in his press conference.

Back