Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an appointment at a Callaway Fitting Center with a Trackman III on Sunday morning, so I am sure following that I will have a few solid ponders. They stock Callaway, Taylormade, Ping, and Titleist offerings. I am going through the "woods fitting", looking to be fit for a driver, 3 wood, and 5 wood.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes and seeing some big time numbers I imagine you are gonna put up.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes and seeing some big time numbers I imagine you are gonna put up.

I hope so man. I've only swung three times since August, and I'm super rusty, but I'm taking my Trackman "Optimum" numbers in and I hope to swing well while I am there.

I'll take as much data as I can down and report back!

Posted via Tapatalk.

I dreamt about buying wedges last night.

#WPF

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I have an appointment at a Callaway Fitting Center with a Trackman III on Sunday morning, so I am sure following that I will have a few solid ponders. They stock Callaway, Taylormade, Ping, and Titleist offerings. I am going through the "woods fitting", looking to be fit for a driver, 3 wood, and 5 wood.

I'm very late on this one, but PLEASE post a full report. With your swing speed and skill level, I'm sure it would be a pretty entertaining read about a fitting session. I love fitting sessions with Trackman.

I'm very late on this one, but PLEASE post a full report. With your swing speed and skill level, I'm sure it would be a pretty entertaining read about a fitting session. I love fitting sessions with Trackman.

You got it, buddy. I'll make a thread when I get back home tomorrow...I am seriously nervous (literally nervous) that my normal swing won't be there and it will be a waste of time. The three times I've been to the range, my driver has been nothing short of AWFUL. I can't figure it out...I think I've hit maybe 3 "good" drives out of plenty of swings.

Appointment is at 10am, should be 60-90 minutes. When I get home, I'll put a full report together while waiting on CBS to put the Masters on :thumb:

I wanted to wait until later in the season when my swing is fully "back", but, I have the Ohio Invitational in a couple weeks and I want a new toy for while I am there.

You got it, buddy. I'll make a thread when I get back home tomorrow...I am seriously nervous (literally nervous) that my normal swing won't be there and it will be a waste of time. The three times I've been to the range, my driver has been nothing short of AWFUL. I can't figure it out...I think I've hit maybe 3 "good" drives out of plenty of swings.

Appointment is at 10am, should be 60-90 minutes. When I get home, I'll put a full report together while waiting on CBS to put the Masters on :thumb:

I wanted to wait until later in the season when my swing is fully "back", but, I have the Ohio Invitational in a couple weeks and I want a new toy for while I am there.

Take your favorite iron (6 iron, 8 iron, whatever) and get there about 15-20 minutes early. Just use that club to get in a flow, then hit a few balls with your gamer driver. Don't try to do anything special with your gamer driver, just use it to loosen up and get used to swinging a driver.

Don't go in with any preconceived notions, as hard as that may be. One other thing: if you don't like the feel of a certain club, even if the numbers are good, the club is not for you.

Take your favorite iron (6 iron, 8 iron, whatever) and get there about 15-20 minutes early. Just use that club to get in a flow, then hit a few balls with your gamer driver. Don't try to do anything special with your gamer driver, just use it to loosen up and get used to swinging a driver.

Don't go in with any preconceived notions, as hard as that may be. One other thing: if you don't like the feel of a certain club, even if the numbers are good, the club is not for you.

Oh no doubt my man. You know how picky I am with clubs, it's gonna have to be an "oh baby" feeling with the numbers to match for me to pull the trigger. My focus this year is to improve my accuracy off the tee, distance comes naturally, I just need a well fit stick that helps me keep it in the short grass more often.

My problem this year so far is that my 7/8 iron swing (my practice clubs, and my "favorite" irons) have been just fine once I am loose...a decent mix of not so good ones, but still a fair amount of good swings. Then I pull out the driver and I can't catch the center of the face, nor can I keep it on the map. I'll be alright tomorrow, I'll grind it out one way or another. I plan to get a small bucket and loosen up as I normally would, then take 10 or so drivers before heading inside to the CFC. I'm excited, I've never been properly fit for a driver and never hit on a Trackman. Should be a great experience, I'm pumped for it.

Oh no doubt my man. You know how picky I am with clubs, it's gonna have to be an "oh baby" feeling with the numbers to match for me to pull the trigger. My focus this year is to improve my accuracy off the tee, distance comes naturally, I just need a well fit stick that helps me keep it in the short grass more often.

My problem this year so far is that my 7/8 iron swing (my practice clubs, and my "favorite" irons) have been just fine once I am loose...a decent mix of not so good ones, but still a fair amount of good swings. Then I pull out the driver and I can't catch the center of the face, nor can I keep it on the map. I'll be alright tomorrow, I'll grind it out one way or another. I plan to get a small bucket and loosen up as I normally would, then take 10 or so drivers before heading inside to the CFC. I'm excited, I've never been properly fit for a driver and never hit on a Trackman. Should be a great experience, I'm pumped for it.

Even if your swing isn't all that great, it should be fairly consistent throughout multiple clubs, if that makes sense. You could also look at it this way: if you have your "B" swing going on, it could be a good marker of what clubs would be fairly forgiving. Also, given that you're rocking the R5 TP, I'd be interested to see if you could pick up some ball speed with newer heads. You might be able to also go up in loft a little bit and still keep the spin down with the newer heads as well.

Even if your swing isn't all that great, it should be fairly consistent throughout multiple clubs, if that makes sense. You could also look at it this way: if you have your "B" swing going on, it could be a good marker of what clubs would be fairly forgiving. Also, given that you're rocking the R5 TP, I'd be interested to see if you could pick up some ball speed with newer heads. You might be able to also go up in loft a little bit and still keep the spin down with the newer heads as well.

I'm guessing I will see an increase in ball speed. I am in the same school of thought you with on my "B" swing...with my "A" swing, I'll hit it long and keep it in the fairway every day of the week. With my "B" or "C" swing, I need something that still keeps my playable...so that's a big part of my fitting. My hope is that my swing isn't so rusty that it isn't reflective of my normal swing...because that might lead to a poor fitting.

I printed the Trackman data off for optimal numbers, and I'll be taking that with me. I am really looking for high loft, low launch and low spin head like you said. I really believe that will be the best match for my swing. In my head, I see the Fit Xtreme with Black Tie doing good things for me, but we will see. And I'll be getting a 3 and 5 wood fitting at the same time.

Irons are locked. Putter is locked. Wedges are locked, sans a new lob wedge. Just need to get the top of my bag up to speed.

Pondering breaking into FedEx.

Ponder on the 3 wood turned into reality!

I have 2 spots left open in my bag. There is a small gap to fill between my M4+ and my 3 wood.
I am thinking about a very long hitting 18 degree hybrid. I had an Adams Tight Lies 18 hybrid that is pretty old and I just could not hit it very well.
I do like the Mashie+ but I feel there may be longer hitting 18's out there?
I will shopping for used as well.

I have 2 spots left open in my bag. There is a small gap to fill between my M4+ and my 3 wood.
I am thinking about a very long hitting 18 degree hybrid. I had an Adams Tight Lies 18 hybrid that is pretty old and I just could not hit it very well.
I do like the Mashie+ but I feel there may be longer hitting 18's out there?
I will shopping for used as well.

If you are looking for a long 18* Hybrid check out the RBZ stage 2.

Still stuck on 3 woods, thinking of revisiting the Mashie 3 or 3+ or going X Hot or Classic. Didn't fair too well with the Mashie the first time around, but that was the case with just about any FW, much more confident now.

I really want a Cally XF AW (Gap Wedge) to complete my set. I just can't afford to pull the trigger. Hmmmmm maybe I can sale KellyBo's garden tiller :act-up:

I really want a Cally XF AW (Gap Wedge) to complete my set. I just can't afford to pull the trigger. Hmmmmm maybe I can sale KellyBo's garden tiller :act-up:

They are even expensive on ebay.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Pondering my setup. Either 3 wood/5 wood or 4 wood/3 hybrid. Hmmmm.

They are even expensive on ebay.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Yup! The XF line is kind of high cotton. Callaway Pre Owned has a 20 percent off sale going on with free shipping for "preferred" customers. They have one in graphite +1 length and I came within a nats arse of pulling the trigger. :D I can cut it down to my fit + 1/2 and have it bent up +2 degrees. We have a big trip coming up (May Outing) and I got to be responsible and save up for that. :thumb:

Iron shafts thinking of swapping the tv flighted out of the ci11's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back