What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped by at a garage sale on a whim today and grabbed this up for a quarter out of pure curiosity. Never heard of "deRoy" golf clubs, but the hand forged USA part caught my eye. Anyone have any info on it?

deroy wedge.jpg

Oh... Hai there.
evumy3yq.jpg

Dude, my Bridgestone J40 that I ordered is a BOMBER! Love that GD ADDi 7 shaft!

Oh... Hai there.
evumy3yq.jpg

Sweet!!! Is that in honor of Adam Scott's win?

Sweet!!! Is that in honor of Adam Scott's win?

Haha no. Well maybe subliminally but I genuine feel like the answer is no.

Something has been missing in my wedge game for a while, since I had vokeys last actually. Trying to spark something. I have the technique I'm just lacking. Gonna try and commit a little harder, per se.

Haha no. Well maybe subliminally but I genuine feel like the answer is no.

Something has been missing in my wedge game for a while, since I had vokeys last actually. Trying to spark something. I have the technique I'm just lacking. Gonna try and commit a little harder, per se.

I have been pondering some Vokeys also to be honest. ATV's arent cutting it.

Awesome buy Thain. Vokeys rock.

Thanks Charlie, I think so too

Two dozen Maxfli U/6 golf balls. I also just bought a Callaway Great Big Bertha set of woods for my 13 year old daughter. She had outgrown her kids set and I was able to get Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, 7 wood, and 9 wood on ebay for $85. They look like they have only been used about 50 rounds.

Pursuant to the Equipment pondering thread, I picked up a Cleveland 588 Satin 52 degree wedge for $60 shipped. Plan on bending it to 50 and giving a 50-54 combo a go for a while.

Ordered a set of taylormade tp cavity backs over the weekend thanks to the daily deal thread. (4-AW) with DG XP S300's. Also got a few dozen srixon tripsed tour yellows and some TM Penta Tp's from lostgolfballs to try out.

Ordered a set of taylormade tp cavity backs over the weekend thanks to the daily deal thread. (4-AW) with DG XP S300's. Also got a few dozen srixon tripsed tour yellows and some TM Penta Tp's from lostgolfballs to try out.

heck of a deal posted the other day for some solid irons, enjoy!

Pursuant to the Equipment pondering thread, I picked up a Cleveland 588 Satin 52 degree wedge for $60 shipped. Plan on bending it to 50 and giving a 50-54 combo a go for a while.

atta boy, glad to see WPF leading to Wedge Purchase Monday

Apparently it is wedge purchase Monday. Picked this guy up at GS for <$50 new. Wanted to try out the 50/54 combo as I'm still pondering the move to 50/54/58 for the season. Heard some good feedback on these so I figured at that price, why not? Also grabbed an extension and a grip to throw on there tonight or tomorrow...

6947EDB7-9059-43C8-AD9D-F0767F47B8FC-15148-0000074263807FE1_zps12793088.jpg

that was the last Callaway wedge I really liked. Last years offerings were a step in the right direction though. Congrats on that pickup JD

that was the last Callaway wedge I really liked. Last years offerings were a step in the right direction though. Congrats on that pickup JD

Thanks! Much like Dev, I'm really just tinkering at this point so didn't want to spend too much. Luckily my GS had these sitting there for about the same price as some of last years used wedges.

Welp...

I am officially Team Covert now.

I'm pondering why the prices on older model new and used equipment at my local GS suck so bad compared to everyone else. Couple of examples I saw this weekend. A 588 wedge that looks it seen more time on the cart path and hitting rocks than it did in grass hitting balls...70 bucks. 2 used sets of CMB's with noticeable wear on the face...899 each. A R1 with more face wear than a 3 month old driver should have...339.99. Its crazy. And then I see guys posting about about the deals they find at their local GS and it makes me wonder what in the world is going on at mine.

This might be more a rant than ponder at this point..

And then I put this in the wrong thread...well this is why I didn't buy anything...

I'm pondering why the prices on older model new and used equipment at my local GS suck so bad compared to everyone else. Couple of examples I saw this weekend. A 588 wedge that looks it seen more time on the cart path and hitting rocks than it did in grass hitting balls...70 bucks. 2 used sets of CMB's with noticeable wear on the face...899 each. A R1 with more face wear than a 3 month old driver should have...339.99. Its crazy. And then I see guys posting about about the deals they find at their local GS and it makes me wonder what in the world is going on at mine.

This might be more a rant than ponder at this point..

I will say that some of the prices on used gear at GS around me are ridiculous. The wedge that I bought today was on the new rack. I'd imagine the markdown was due to their age. They only had three left and it's clear by the stickers that they've been there for some time.

My new Black Clover head cover came in!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366054918.604730.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bought a used Taylormade R11 6 iron off the bay for $11. Want to put new shafts in my irons so I bought an extra R11 iron so I can put some shafts head to head.

Two new pairs of golf pants for $100! 13% spandex too! There were even better deals to be had if my waistline was bigger.

Added a mFGP to my SeeMore collection WHILE typing about it in the equipment pondering thread. I need help!!:confused2:

heck of a deal posted the other day for some solid irons, enjoy!

I can't wait for them to get here, I'm starting to see that this forum could really hurt someone's bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back