Callaway 2013 Wedges? Mac Daddy 2

These look great. Really looking forward to seeing the final model that will be released hopefully this summer. Callaway is killing it this year

Wow...just wow! That makes for an exciting evening!

Those things are so freaking beautiful!

Love the face on these.

They look awesome, compared to the previous Callaway wedges these take the prize!

Those look amazing!
Might have to get some when I buy some new wedges.

They're nice.

Hmm..."Hot" and "Daddy"...interesting bag you're building.

Mmmmmm, me like those

I think they took a huge step backward from the wedges they had last year. Loved the classic look of last years Cally wedges with the prominent chevron logo. A little overkill on design here, imo.

Very big fan of the X Tour wedges, and really like my current JAWS set. Wasn't so fond of the latest line up but this has me very interested. Looks like I'll be cycling into a new setup when these are released. Thanks for the heads up.

Milling on the back of the flange doesn't really do much for me, but the rest of it looks very good.

I think they took a huge step backward from the wedges they had last year. Loved the classic look of last years Cally wedges with the prominent chevron logo. A little overkill on design here, imo.

wow i couldn't disagree more on the looks i think they are really trying to #bringit this year and these are still prototypes so the final version could be different. the more i look at them i do think the designed by roger cleveland could go and i think it would look cleaner... but i'm honestly more excited about the new technology and hoping they improved from the last few years, cause their wedges the last few years have really been subpar compared to almost every other wedge on the market IMO.

wow i couldn't disagree more on the looks i think they are really trying to #bringit this year and these are still prototypes so the final version could be different. the more i look at them i do think the designed by roger cleveland could go and i think it would look cleaner... but i'm honestly more excited about the new technology and hoping they improved from the last few years, cause their wedges the last few years have really been subpar compared to almost every other wedge on the market IMO.
I wasnt speaking to the technology packed in them, just saying the looks dont really do it for me. That's the thing about golf, everyone has their preferences when it comes to looks. Not sure I would want "MackDaddy" stamped on all my wedges.

I actually like the detail on this wedge. I am intrigued. Plus, its not a jaws.

I wonder if it will eat balls? It looks too busy or cluttered for my taste. FWIW, I thought the PF 588s were too cluttered too.

I wonder if it will eat balls? It looks too busy or cluttered for my taste. FWIW, I thought the PF 588s were too cluttered too.
my biggest complaint with the Jaws. brand new ball...one wedge shot...done

I wasnt speaking to the technology packed in them, just saying the looks dont really do it for me. That's the thing about golf, everyone has their preferences when it comes to looks. Not sure I would want "MackDaddy" stamped on all my wedges.

hahaha yeah, i can see that, i do like cleaner looks as well some of the best 588 customs i've seen are almost no stamping. i am just excited that they have new wedges and hoping they perform better than in years past more than anything else. i dunno why but callaway has always been near the bottom when it comes to wedges for me. really hoping they turn the corner with that now like they seem to be doing almost everywhere else this year. i can't wait to see the final version shouldn't be long now i wouldn't think with a June/July Release

Must. Have. Now.

I really like these. I am really enjoying my X-Forged wedges. I was not a big fan of the newest wedges and glad they are going back to that look of the x-forged. To me it's a traditional looking wedge and now will have a ton if new technology in them and I can't wait to get my hands on a couple of them.

my biggest complaint with the Jaws. brand new ball...one wedge shot...done

i have the Vintage X FORGED wedges now and they are tearing up every ball i have. i thought the new Chrome + were not durable then i tried every other ball i have and they are chewed up just as bad or worse. i would be interested to see with the new restraints on wedges if any wedge could "eat" up balls like the non conforming grooves used to. i kinda in a weird way hope for it and i'm sure any company that sells golf balls does too. i know i've gone through a ton more balls than normal this season so far.

I personally (I'm sure most agree) don't care who designed the club if it performs well. I'd have no issue with them rigorously marketing that he designed it to take a shot at CG, but is it really necessary to stamp it on the wedge?

THPing on Tapatalk

i have the Vintage X FORGED wedges now and they are tearing up every ball i have. i thought the new Chrome + were not durable then i tried every other ball i have and they are chewed up just as bad or worse. i would be interested to see with the new restraints on wedges if any wedge could "eat" up balls like the non conforming grooves used to. i kinda in a weird way hope for it and i'm sure any company that sells golf balls does too. i know i've gone through a ton more balls than normal this season so far.

By far the most aggressive grooves of any wedge. Jaws is a close second.

I really hope they offer more then 1 sole grind option. Where they failed with the most recent line, IMO.

By far the most aggressive grooves of any wedge. Jaws is a close second.

I really hope they offer more then 1 sole grind option. Where they failed with the most recent line, IMO.

They have three sole grinds on these, S, U, and C.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I saw that tweet last night and was blown away at how cool they look. The dark finish is really nice. I love and still game my 2012 Forged wedges so if these are an improvement which i'm sure they will be then i'm all over them

They have three sole grinds on these, S, U, and C.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Hmm, U grind looks similar to the old PM grind on the X-tour wedges that I loved. I am really interested.

Back